PDA

View Full Version : Quietest night of the year with open bars. But maybe some good news. Soi4

Patanawet
September 28th, 2020, 00:53
Tonight the heaviest rain I've seen all year.
Silom soi 4 flooded to a few centimetres.
Barely a handful of customers in each bar..
Balcony went ahead with the Sunday lady singer, this time inside the bar with a guitarist and drummer, now to be regular in the bar on Sundays.
Now, the soi rumours are that the the midnight closing will be extended to 02:00 from October.

Armando
September 28th, 2020, 14:02
Balcony went ahead with the Sunday lady singer, this time inside the bar with a guitarist and drummer, now to be regular in the bar on Sundays..

Oh gawd! As good a reason as any to avoid Balcony on Sundays. What is it that makes owners think punters want live music? It's a gay bar for goodness sake, a place to char, drink, spy the eye candy and relax in a peaceful environment.

It's the same for me with restaurants. Went to one on Saturday on Suk 22 named Buzz Cove. They have 50% off most food and drink if you arrive by 7:30. Called in advance. Was told definitely no live music. After we'd just started our meal, a live band started up. We were moved upstairs but it was amplified up there. We'll never go again.

a447
September 28th, 2020, 14:33
What is it that makes owners think punters want live music?

Or lady singers?

Patanawet
September 28th, 2020, 17:58
[QUOTE=Armando;269850 What is it that makes owners think punters want live music?.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps the audience reaction the past few Sundays when the crowd in the soi applauded and loved it.
Do tell, Armando, what would YOU like to see in a gay bar in a soi that already has 2 gogo bars, a host bar, a famous drag bar, a gay karaoke and a massage joint or two?
The bar I spoke about already tries to cater for many tastes --- restaurant, large outside terrace, pool table, karaoke and oh--- live music.
Shame on the owner for trying to provide a little more variety. How dare he?

dinagam
September 28th, 2020, 18:08
Conchita has done quite well for himself performing all the way to the Sydney Opera House.

Armando
September 29th, 2020, 09:37
Perhaps the audience reaction the past few Sundays when the crowd in the soi applauded and loved it.
Do tell, Armando, what would YOU like to see in a gay bar in a soi that already has 2 gogo bars, a host bar, a famous drag bar, a gay karaoke and a massage joint or two?
A bar owner can do whatever he wants. It's his business. If he wants live music and lady singers, I don't. So I won't go. Simple as that.

Oliver2
September 29th, 2020, 17:01
I cannot help remembering that in the Good Old Days, when the bars of Boyztown were full with both punters and dancers (yes, dancers really dancing) there was no need for "entertainment". The go go was enough in itself. And, of course, what followed.

I do not know whether the introduction of an array of almost identical bars dependent on khatoey shows was a symptom of the decline as bar owners desperately sought a solution, or contributed to it.

Patanawet
September 29th, 2020, 19:30
A bar owner can do whatever he wants. It's his business. If he wants live music and lady singers, I don't. So I won't go. Simple as that.

I asked-
'Do tell, Armando, what would YOU like to see in a gay bar in a soi that already has....'.
Why don't you answer?
I'm sure that all business owners would love to know what you want in place of trying to guess.

Armando
September 29th, 2020, 22:41
I asked-
'Do tell, Armando, what would YOU like to see in a gay bar in a soi that already has....'.
Why don't you answer?
I'm sure that all business owners would love to know what you want in place of trying to guess.

Simple. It's just a bar that also serves food. A great place for chatting, drinking and watching the passers by. Leave it as it was.

latintopxxx
September 30th, 2020, 02:47
i consider it highly inconsiderate if the screeching trannie intrudes on neighbouring businesses ambiance...bit like being gay...dont do it in the streets and scare the horses

Andaman!
September 30th, 2020, 06:39
...dont do it in the streets and scare the horses
Why not scare the horses when we know you scare the ponies?

goji
September 30th, 2020, 20:35
I cannot help remembering that in the Good Old Days, when the bars of Boyztown were full with both punters and dancers (yes, dancers really dancing) there was no need for "entertainment". The go go was enough in itself. And, of course, what followed.
I do not know whether the introduction of an array of almost identical bars dependent on khatoey shows was a symptom of the decline as bar owners desperately sought a solution, or contributed to it.

At least in Pattaya there are gogo bars with boys on the stage and no dreadful lady boy shows.

On the other hand, go to Chiang Mai and there is at least one gogo bar with nothing but the dreadful show. An audience of mainly Asian punters sits in the bar amusing themselves on their phones, whilst waiting for the show to start. A reminder to be thankful for what we have in Pattaya and Bangkok.