View Full Version : Panorama Pool Comp'

August 10th, 2006, 11:03
OK, this is all going to sound like one big arse licking episode, so if you don't like it then move on now!

The first round of the Panorama Pool Competition took place last night at the Panorama Pub in Boyztown. News must have got around town that the top prize was 10,000 baht with runners up prizes 6,000 baht for second place and Black Label and Chivas Regal prizes for 3rd and 4th places as some unfamiliar faces turned up, many Thai guys with their own pool cues and a hankering for rich pickings. The players were a mix of some Farang but mainly Thai and many were waiters, gogo guys and host guys from the local bars.

I am afraid I do not know the name of the owner of Panorama, but he managed the event extremely well and along with his staff, who are always friendly, attentive, efficient and welcoming, made the evening entertaining and very enjoyable. I am afraid my exit from the competition was swift, as was that of one of my Thai friends mai pen lai, however, the last match of the evening was one that included my special friend, who could hardly console himself when he 'went out' on the black ball. He tried to smile but his eyes went all watery, oh lord!. Thank god for the fabulous tombola that was on offer - a brilliant idea and run for most of the evening by Jimmy from Ambiance. Many of the prizes for the tombola (buy a ticket and see if it matches any numbered prize - instant gratification if you win - luv it!) were donated by gay businesses and our hosts and included gold chains, whiskey (so much), bags, umbrellas, T-shirts, car vacs, clocks, beer by the bucketload, vouchers for restaurants and so much more. You really have to give a big thumbs up to all those who donated prizes and those who take part in the events as either sponsors or hosts. Kevin from Throb, the owner of Panorama, Colin from Bondi and especiallly Jimmy from Ambiance - all of whom seem to turn out for any charitable event be it PGF, Pattaya Orphanage or Pattaya Hospital. Tickets were selling very well in the Panorama bar itself for the tombola, but it didn't stop Jimmy from taking off and walking around Boyztown, flogging the tombola tickets to anyone he could grab and sending the lucky winners on to claim their prizes. As I said, thank god for the fabulous tombola, as my friend departed the pool table, watery eyes and all, I handed him enough money for 10 more tombola tickets and his frown turned upside down into a huge smile as he came away with a a further two bottles of whiskey (plus one more bottle he won earlier in the night), a couple of bum/money bags, a torch, and a car vac - 'all he needs now is a car' one wag said as my face went ashen :cheers:

A big congratulations to all the bar, restaurant, guesthouse/hotel owners and other business owners who put in such hard work and effort to assist charities and also entertain their customers.

The 2nd and final day of play is tonight (Thursday) and I encourage you to get along to the Panorama Bar, have a good time and spend some money on the Tombola with many more prizes still to be claimed. :albino:

August 10th, 2006, 12:22
DELETED

Aunty
August 10th, 2006, 13:11
Oh Fatman I mean really, how could you? The Panorama Pool Competition, you had me all excited there for a minute! I was all geared up to read about a hot and steamy wet undies contest with a great view (and only 10,000 Baht first prize I thought to myself - el cheapos) and it wasn't about that at all. Oh well, but it does show you were my mind is at.

What's a tombola?

August 10th, 2006, 18:53
A dyke bola from Argentina.