PDA

View Full Version : Ratchada / R3 Sauna

DavidBiBtm82
September 19th, 2020, 14:21
Just in case it's of any use to anyone, I dropped into Ratchada (formerly R3) sauna last Sunday.

I wasn't even sure if it would be open, but it was was (it seems to be open 12:00 - 00:00 daily) - and props to them, the entry was only 200 baht, which is around half what it used to be (I think, from memory) the last time I was there a few years ago.

The whole place was open, including the hot tub/small pool downstairs, the bar, the sauna and cold room - everything.

It was mid afternoon and quiet - maybe around 12 - 15 mostly fairly young thai guys, but certainly not deserted.

I do like the place, it's nice and big (compared to others I've been to, especially in the UK), and you can have lots of fun wandering around, exploring all the levels and dark mazes.

pong
September 19th, 2020, 18:38
[QUOTE=DavidBiBtm82;269625]Just in case it's of any use to anyone, I dropped into Ratchada (formerly R3) sauna last Sunday.

I wasn't even sure if it would be open, but it was was (it seems to be open 12:00 - 00:00 daily) - and props to them, the entry was only 200 baht, which is around half what it used to be (I think, from memory) the last time I was there a few years ago.

Was for the last 2-3 yrs part of a small band of gay sauna that discriminated in admission against whites/non-aseans and all elder people-I kind of remember from 40 it was double and from 60 it was like 1000 bt or so. Maybe you are so young or maybe even theyve dropped this-or cashier was unaware of it (whcih is hihgly unlikely in THif it still was in force).
Place was closed by police after some criminal founds and after some time reopened under this new name.
But good to see that some part of all are still alife-at least.

Blueskytoday
September 19th, 2020, 20:29
Stupid question time: I would think with the virus....being in a sauna,,with all the sweating...touching...not to mention sucking and fluids being
passed around....very very dangerous?? AM I WRONG???

siscu58
September 20th, 2020, 01:11
Stupid question time: I would think with the virus....being in a sauna,,with all the sweating...touching...not to mention sucking and fluids being
passed around....very very dangerous?? AM I WRONG???

Yes, it would be dangerous if some of the patrons were infected. But remembre that Thailand is free from the virus (by now) and this is exactly why the government has closed all the borders. The danger would be to open the borders and let infected people in.

gerefan2
September 20th, 2020, 01:28
The danger would be to open the borders and let infected people in.

But with the required Fit to Fly medical certificate, the Covid free certificate before flying the covid test on arrival, the 14 days quarantine, the three tests in quarantine and the final test prior to leaving quarantine, and the monitoring after release ...where is the problem?

Surely that’s enough to prevent them letting infected people in?

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2020, 05:35
seems likme high temperatures and humidity are not kind to the covid virus...so a sauna or for that matter BKK/Pattaya outside environment is probably a safer place to be than indoors aircon cooled dry air...or northern europe in winter

bkkguy
September 20th, 2020, 21:33
Yes, it would be dangerous if some of the patrons were infected. But remembre that Thailand is free from the virus (by now)

you do understand the differnce between "with limited testing there is no evidence of community transmission of the virus" and "Thailand is free from the virus (by now)"

siscu58
September 21st, 2020, 01:54
you do understand the differnce between "with limited testing there is no evidence of community transmission of the virus" and "Thailand is free from the virus (by now)"

Yes, I do.

After more than 6 months since the surgence of the disease, even with limited testing, if it was community transmission many people would become ill and some of them would die, so that the doctors and hospitals would be aware of the illness. With limited testing you can hide some infections but not all. With no testing the spread of the virus is exponential. My opinion is that Thailand is free from the virus by now. I hope I am not wrong.

bkkguy
September 21st, 2020, 20:23
With no testing the spread of the virus is exponential.

with limited or no testing the spread of the virus in the community is not actually being tracked and it may continue to spread asymptomatically - when unexplained cases pop up contact tracing and extended testing can help control extensive community spread

christianpfc
September 24th, 2020, 00:08
I wasn't even sure if it would be open, ...

...the entry was only 200 baht, which is around half what it used to be (I think, from memory) the last time I was there a few years ago.

A few years ago when I visited many saunas, it happend to me once or twice that a place was closed. I made it a habit to call to check they are open before going anywhere out of my way.

Entry prices in R3 (and Sauna Mania, same ownership) vary age and nationality of customer.