PDA

View Full Version : Watch Paint Dry Or Go To Jomtien Complex?

Manforallseasons
September 2nd, 2020, 21:40
I’ve lived here long enough to remember the complex when there wasn’t one. Over the years as Sunee dried up the complex thrived. Now in these strange times there remains no shortage of bars or gay boys with a peppering of straight mostly Cambodian boys working. There are few stunners and the clientele Is definitely geriatric and those there are more for socializing with other geriatrics, the boys remain bored and sit in groups amongst themselves, one must ask the obvious.....how do the boys survive?

Zebedee
September 4th, 2020, 05:23
The boys do not have an easy life thats for sure.

Nirish guy
September 4th, 2020, 18:22
Who does these days ! :-(

christianpfc
September 4th, 2020, 19:23
.....how do the boys survive?
One of my favorites is working in Jomtien complex, and I sent him money twice already since April, so I'm partially bearing the burden of feeding the boys in Jomtien Complex.

Joke aside, I guess they can cut down on spending and survive on a few thousand Baht per month.

goji
September 5th, 2020, 04:06
Many of the boys in Jomtien are from Cambodia. Their parents or grandparents would have survived the Khmer Rouge. Compared with that, this should be a minor blip.

Manforallseasons
November 27th, 2020, 09:23
Jomtien Complex...Now

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-gay-bars-look-for-gold-at-end-of-2020-rainbow-335254

gerefan2
November 27th, 2020, 11:44
Friend of mine was there last weekend. He reported that it was busy.
Probably like BT ...busy weekends?

arsenal
November 27th, 2020, 12:47
Goji and gerefan2 are armoured up, upon their chargers and hopefully heading off to Pattaya. When they eventually get there they will walk through Jomtien Complex. If there are half a dozen bars open and 8-10 boys who catch their eye, if Boyztown is open at the weekends and If two go go bars are open in Sunee then it will be paradise compared to where they are right now. The 14 days quarantine will be a distant menory on their second morning.

There will still be plenty of wonderful places to eat. The weather will still be glorious. The sunsets will still be majestic. The promise of a fantastic evening will still be palpable as the day closes. The motorbike riding will still be soul uplifting. The Thais will still be friendly and welconing. The boys will still be fantastic at what they do. In short...the reasons why we all go to Pattaya will still be there.

Nirish guy
November 27th, 2020, 14:15
And if I read it right previously elsewhere no more of those bloody police checkpoints waiting around every corner to try and catch you out for the most minor infraction ( or major one) in an attempt to spring some money from your wallet. Although I guess the police too are "getting it tight" these days with less faring to "fine" most days anyway so perhaps they're just even MORE eagle eyed now when they see our pale skin riding past at 20mph with no helmet on !? Perhaps someone living there can confirm or deny that actually ??

Manforallseasons
November 27th, 2020, 14:21
And if I read it right previously elsewhere no more of those bloody police checkpoints waiting around every corner to try and catch you out for the most minor infraction ( or major one) in an attempt to spring some money from your wallet. Although I guess the police too are "getting it tight" these days with less faring to "fine" most days anyway so perhaps they're just even MORE eagle eyed now when they see our pale skin riding past at 20mph with no helmet on !? Perhaps someone living there can confirm or deny that actually ??

Radom checkpoints have indeed returned.

Nirish guy
November 27th, 2020, 15:12
Wonderful :-( Nice to see that SOME things never change - oh well, I guess it IS road safety is all they ever cared about after all then and the fines WERE solely to help with that - or NOT ! ;)

Jellybean
November 27th, 2020, 16:01
Goji and gerefan2 are armoured up, upon their chargers and hopefully heading off to Pattaya. When they eventually get there they will walk through Jomtien Complex. If there are half a dozen bars open and 8-10 boys who catch their eye, if Boyztown is open at the weekends and If two go go bars are open in Sunee then it will be paradise compared to where they are right now. The 14 days quarantine will be a distant menory on their second morning.

There will still be plenty of wonderful places to eat. The weather will still be glorious. The sunsets will still be majestic. The promise of a fantastic evening will still be palpable as the day closes. The motorbike riding will still be soul uplifting. The Thais will still be friendly and welcoming. The boys will still be fantastic at what they do. In short...the reasons why we all go to Pattaya will still be there.

Thanks for adding a positive slant to this topic arsenal and for creating a vision of what could be when we eventually return. You are clearly a glass half full person. If I was the Postmaster General, I would advise Her Majesty to authorise a stamp in your honour for services to Thai tourism, positivity and for being an uncommonly jolly good writer of trip reports. I suspect it would look something like this:

Manforallseasons
November 27th, 2020, 20:10
Nothing wrong with being an optimist but living here makes you a realist!

dab69
November 27th, 2020, 21:47
Not any better where we are.
Winter fast approaches and boys are priced sky high when available.

goji
November 27th, 2020, 22:33
Radom checkpoints have indeed returned.

I've never been stopped at a random checkpoint in Pattaya, although getting around by baht bus or on foot probably helps this.
Perhaps my odds of a shakedown will increase if regular targets like N Irish are not there.

Nirish guy
November 27th, 2020, 23:32
I just hope that you're grateful Goji that brave, strong and upright men like me willing throw themselves in the path of every passing police patrol, waving my money wantonly in the air as the cops wave their 'fine" books while brandishing biro pens that seemingly never ACTUALLY write until they're absolutely SURE they cant make a few quiet baht out of you - and all so that you can meander on your merry way unmolested by Pattaya's finest. You can thank me later !!

And JB - if Arsenal is to have a stamp issued in his honour as you suggest I think it should be noted that if we need to send our usual "sitting beside the Pattaya seaside" postcard home from our travels then that would mean each and everyone of us having in effect to lick Arsenals arse to enable us to fix said stamp to our card - and THAT my good Sir is I'm guessing a bridge to far for even this boards bunch of hardened degenerates ! :-)

Latinpox though - who knows as sure we all know that he'd give anything a try once ! :)

Jellybean
November 28th, 2020, 00:28
. . . And JB - if Arsenal is to have a stamp issued in his honour as you suggest I think it should be noted that if we need to send our usual "sitting beside the Pattaya seaside" postcard home from our travels then that would mean each and everyone of us having in effect to lick Arsenals arse to enable us to fix said stamp to our card - and THAT my good Sir is I'm guessing a bridge to far for even this boards bunch of hardened degenerates ! :-)

Well NIrish-guy, when sending postcards from Pattaya, if you are disinclined to licking one of the stamps issued in honour of arsenal’s well documented contribution to the Pattaya economy; it occurred to me that you too should have your own stamp. It would be issued in honour of the enormous and unsung contribution you have made to the economies of Bangkok, Pattaya and well . . . er . . . to Thailand in general.

But one challenge I had to overcome was you do not have an avatar, so I have had to invent one. I think it suits you to a T, and I recommend you adopt it for future use. You can thank me later, no, wait a minute, you can thank me now. ;)

arsenal
November 28th, 2020, 06:50
Have no fear Nirish. My pert arse remains untouched by any one over the age of 26 and that will remain the case until I disappear down Satan's back passage.

StevieWonders
November 28th, 2020, 07:01
Have no fear Nirish. My pert arse remains untouched by any one over the age of 26 and that will remain the case until I disappear down Satan's back passage.
In these politically correct days I wonder how many of us would be prepared to make that a proud boast as we stand in the middle of our First World workplace regaling all and sundry with the delights of our time in Thailand?

Newbie99
December 18th, 2020, 11:24
Is the Jomtien Complex even open these days?

MikaQ5
December 18th, 2020, 13:31
Indeed it is, it's looks nice with the roof addition , apart from that it ( bars ,boys ,clients etc )it looks very similar to when I last visited ( Sept 2019 )

aussie_
December 18th, 2020, 13:35
Is the Jomtien Complex even open these days?

The Complex is open, I go there most nights just to check the lights are still on. Like last night it can be very quiet. The long weekends have been busier with visitors from Bangkok and the countryside.

The election will mean the bars are closed this Saturday night so the bars will lose out again. I am amazed some of the bars are still open with only a few customers each night but others have business from regular customers so they can pay the rent and staff. If there was another lockdown it would be the end for many bars in the Complex.

Newbie99
February 11th, 2021, 20:07
What is the Jomtien Complex like these days? I have only seen it during the day, no idea what it's like at night.

neddy3
February 12th, 2021, 05:45
Did you read the post above yours???

London68
February 12th, 2021, 06:09
The Complex is open, I go there most nights just to check the lights are still on. Like last night it can be very quiet. The long weekends have been busier with visitors from Bangkok and the countryside.

The election will mean the bars are closed this Saturday night so the bars will lose out again. I am amazed some of the bars are still open with only a few customers each night but others have business from regular customers so they can pay the rent and staff. If there was another lockdown it would be the end for many bars in the Complex.

I have cancelled my trip about 4 times already hopefully will get there in October.The Complex is good.

Ruthrieston
February 12th, 2021, 10:10
Jomtien Complex is doing quite well since the reopening on the 1st of February. It was so good to have all the bars open (apart from Kiss Bar which now has a for sale sign) and the lights on again. It is not packed full and of course the bars must close by 11pm, but there is plenty of life there again and I enjoy going to my favourite bar and chatting with the boss and a few friends.

London68
February 12th, 2021, 18:19

Am looking forward to returning there,hopefully November.

gerefan2
February 12th, 2021, 20:18
Jomtien Complex is thriving compared to the other gay areas in Pattaya.
Virtually all the bars are open following the January lockdown.

Zebedee
February 12th, 2021, 22:42
I have cancelled my trip about 4 times already hopefully will get there in October.The Complex is good.

Am looking forward to returning there,hopefully November.

I know what you mean, "I used to be indecisive...but now I'm not so sure" .LOL

Welcome to the board London68.

Wolzek
February 17th, 2021, 00:29
I’ve lived here long enough to remember the complex when there wasn’t one. Over the years as Sunee dried up the complex thrived. Now in these strange times there remains no shortage of bars or gay boys with a peppering of straight mostly Cambodian boys working. There are few stunners and the clientele Is definitely geriatric and those there are more for socializing with other geriatrics, the boys remain bored and sit in groups amongst themselves, one must ask the obvious.....how do the boys survive?

Watch paint dry or sit in a JC bar and look at the ladys and ladyboys there. Or if you're lucky, look at the back of a cambodian boy with his back to you glued to a phonescreen.

Or maybe look up to the big metalic roof?

neddy3
February 18th, 2021, 10:12
Watch paint dry or sit in a JC bar and look at the ladys and ladyboys there. Or if you're lucky, look at the back of a cambodian boy with his back to you glued to a phone screen.

Yes, all too easy for this to occur.

Falangs can become accustomed to being the hunted in Pattaya, but in the complex bars, the hunting seems to end once a falang has been draggedin, seated, and provided with a drink.
I let it happen too often, to my regret.
If the person with the fascinating phone screen is themself fascinating, some role reversal can be needed.

arsenal
February 18th, 2021, 12:07
Hunting in Jomtien is a particular skill and takes time to learn with several failures along the way but the rewards can be fantastic. It's like polar bears hunting beluga whales from a rock although in Jomtien of course it's often the whales doing the hunting.

Daveuk
February 18th, 2021, 13:01
My last trip was pre-COVID in February 2020 , so it’s now a year away from gay Pattaya and Asian boys. What a waste of a year !. I spent some time then in the Complex bars often the Home bar and can confirm that the boys were addicted to their screens and certainly before about 10.30 did not take the initiative to join customers. It was usually necessary to invite them over to sit with you. Later they tended to become more active and started to look for an off. It sounds like this situation still applies even though customers, particularly affluent gay tourists are much fewer. At this moment for me a night in bed with a Cambodian boy from the Complex is just a dream.

christianpfc
February 18th, 2021, 22:27
Hunting in Jomtien is a particular skill and takes time to learn with several failures along the way but the rewards can be fantastic.
"Hunting" in Jomtien? It's rather "shooting fish in a barrel". Getting the boy from Jomtien to your room is just a question of money, how the boy performs is a different story.

When I pay for sex, I want to pick ripe fruit and not hunt or socialize.

To meet boys for free from online dating, that is a skill that took me years to develop, in addition to learning Thai, but it was worth the effort!

goji
February 18th, 2021, 22:50
"Hunting" in Jomtien? It's rather "shooting fish in a barrel". Getting the boy from Jomtien to your room is just a question of money, how the boy performs is a different story.

I presume Arsenal is referring to hunting for boys who will actually perform in the room.
As long as they are not about to go out drinking, it's usually easy to get boys off to your hotel.
The skill is in selecting boys that perform.

Rather like the stockmarket. Anyone can buy, but selecting stocks that perform is more difficult.

Admittedly, in host bars, there can be the additional challenge of splitting a lad from his drinking party.

arsenal
February 19th, 2021, 09:15
Cristian wrote.
"Hunting" in Jomtien? It's rather "shooting fish in a barrel".

Yes if you just want any old buck. But if you want the 14 pointer. That takes skill, patience, knowledge of the territory, reading body language, an awareness of rivals, forward thinking and sometimes a cheetah like burst of speed. The hunt, I love it..

Manforallseasons
February 19th, 2021, 13:05
Yes if you just want any old buck. But if you want the 14 pointer. That takes skill, patience, knowledge of the territory, reading body language, an awareness of rivals, forward thinking and sometimes a cheetah like burst of speed. The hunt, I love it..
The only “old bucks” are the customers and the “boys” for the most part are doe..s.

arsenal
February 19th, 2021, 13:27
"The only “old bucks” are the customers and the “boys” for the most part are doe..s. "

Oh dear. You've broken two of our most anally retentive member's most heartfelt rules. Spelling/grammar error and what he describes as 'homophobia'. He's online mornin, noon an nite so expect his snottiness soon.

Daveuk
February 23rd, 2021, 13:15
What is needed in the Jomtien Complex is a Gay Gogo Bar. It remains a mystery to me as to why there isn’t one now, as there must be a market . Apparently there was one years ago called “Rock Hard Boys” (a great name). I cannot remember where it was. During my last few trips I stayed in the Complex but offed boys from the BT and Sunee gogos but that required late night transport which was not ideal.

Manforallseasons
February 23rd, 2021, 13:18
What is needed in the Jomtien Complex is a Gay Gogo Bar. It remains a mystery to me as to why there isn’t one now, as there must be a market . Apparently there was one years ago called “Rock Hard Boys” (a great name). I cannot remember where it was. During my last few trips I stayed in the Complex but offed boys from the BT and Sunee gogos but that required late night transport which was not ideal.

I remember that Gogo didn’t last long, I gather there is a zoning issue which prohibits Gogo bars.......Don’t hold your breath it won’t happen.

latintopxxx
February 23rd, 2021, 14:03
..zoning issues...really?!...isnt that what the tea money is supposed to be for...

Oliver2
February 23rd, 2021, 15:31
Different recipients, same trough.

Moses
February 23rd, 2021, 15:50
What is needed in the Jomtien Complex is a Gay Gogo Bar.

I gather there is a zoning issue which prohibits Gogo bars...

Exactly. It isn't possible in this area. Not only gay but straight also - no one gogo around.

goji
February 23rd, 2021, 16:08
Exactly. It isn't possible in this area. Not only gay but straight also - no one gogo around.

There is a straight Gogo bar almost opposite the beach side exit from Jomtien complex.

This does not stop people repeating the no gogo bars story every few weeks.

francois
February 23rd, 2021, 17:00
Photo of No 1 Go Go Bar

Daveuk
February 24th, 2021, 00:21
A zoning issue has not prevented The Venue from staging shows somewhat related to Gogo bars. Also why does that str gogo remain open ?. I’ve walked past it many times but can’t recall anyone entering. I wish I had asked one or more of the Complex business owners if they had the answer.

Moses
February 24th, 2021, 00:39
Guys, history of Jomtien complex is longer than 15 years. And still no one go-go. Do you think all formerly and current owners just avoids go-go format by morale reason?

London68
February 24th, 2021, 01:10
The show at the Venue is no way related to a gogo bar..Monty had a showbar in the complex years ago.Also an american guy had a go go bar there called Rock hard boys.

Daveuk
February 24th, 2021, 05:27
Well I think it remains a mystery why a gay Gogo bar has not prospered in the Complex. Did Rock Hard Boys close for commercial reasons or because of some local regulation ?. I’m sure morals has nothing to do with it - this area is part of Pattaya which could be the largest brothel in the world (unless someone knows different) !

Nirish guy
February 24th, 2021, 07:11
Its not that one hasn't prospered DaveUK, it's that NONE have ever been given permission to open there due to zoning laws that were put in place ( I presume) when the centre / area was first built up as it was intended to be more tame / residential . normal bar area rather than an extension of the main Pattaya "red light" district - but someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

cdnmatt
February 24th, 2021, 07:49
Yeah, I think Jomtien Complex was always meant to be a place for "high class" hookers.

I always preferred Sleazy Sunnee, but hey, to each their own.

London68
February 24th, 2021, 08:07
Rock Hard Boys was a one unit bar that rarely had enough stock and never seemed to have change.It was opposite to where @Home Bar is now.So I think it was not a commercial success..and was probably illegal anyway..different times then.

a447
February 24th, 2021, 16:01
Some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

They can be found here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21911-Spillover-from-Watch-Paint-Dry

A447