PDA

View Full Version : Alexei Navalny is taken off a Russian plane

arsenal
August 21st, 2020, 22:02
Alexei Navalny is taken off a Russian plane screaming in pain and the doctors day it's low blood sugar.
Who Dear?
Me Dear?
Poison Dear?
No Dear.

Vladimir Putin. Like the kid standing there covered in chocolate insisting he didn't eat the cake.

Moses
August 22nd, 2020, 01:54
For your info: Navalniy is formerly "project" of Kremlin (KGB branch). They used him to make "leak" of information on some leaders of opposition.

Navalniy is totally egoist and stupid moron: he more fighting with other opposition leaders for grants from West than with Putin and Kremlin. Is he honest? No. Also he is homophobic and nationalist. He has no job, but declared income around USD 100 000 at past year.

latintopxxx
August 22nd, 2020, 04:04
...2 sides to every story...

StevieWonders
August 22nd, 2020, 05:28
As I reported the other day, Navalny is courageously testing the Russian COVID-19 vaccine - and now we know one of the possible side effects

arsenal
August 22nd, 2020, 06:42
Or perhaps he suddenly discovered he's an anaphylactic and the peanuts caused him to have a bit of a turn. Inconvenient.

When Putin finally leaves office the poisonings carried out under his regime will make for one hell of a television show. At this rate it could stretch to a couple of series.

The Putin Poisonings.

goji
August 22nd, 2020, 14:59
The Putin Poisonings.

Would only be fair if he were the victim of a poisoning himself. This would probably be a good thing for Russia and the world, although it does rather depend on who comes next.

World security would also be enhanced if a leaders of a couple of neighbouring nuclear powers were taken out. However tyrants are rarely assasinated.

The leader of a third nearby nuclear power is likely to be voted out in a few months time.

dinagam
August 22nd, 2020, 16:38
Countries in possession of nuclear weapons should be taken out, including the Zionist state. All of these belligerent people...

Nirish guy
August 22nd, 2020, 18:46
he is homophobic and nationalist.

(serious question) Are there any political leaders / campaigners in Russia who ARENT both of the above things as if so we rarely hear about them here in the west. Homophobia, hidden as "family values" seems to be the default position there these days - no ?

PS I'm not saying the western leaders are much better by the way as Trump ( or Boris for that matter !) are certainly no friends of LGBT people, no matter how much they both try to pretend they are when it comes to election time !

goji
August 22nd, 2020, 20:57
Here is a picture of Boris Johnson at a London Gay Pride event.
I doubt Mr Putin would join or encourage an equivalent march in Moscow.

Boris also has a reasonable record on voting for LBGT issues.

None of his obvious opponents have been poisoned either. Not even Corbyn or Barnier.

arsenal
August 22nd, 2020, 21:10
"None of his obvious opponents have been poisoned either. Not even Corbyn or Barnier. "
Not poisoned. At least, not yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/journalist-stuart-collier-boris-johnson-phone-call-darius-guppy-demands-apology

Moses
August 22nd, 2020, 23:37
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/20/another-martyr-democracy-last-thing-vladimir-putin-needs/

Another martyr for democracy is the last thing Vladimir Putin needs

Moses
August 22nd, 2020, 23:38
(serious question) Are there any political leaders / campaigners in Russia who ARENT both of the above things as if so we rarely hear about them here in the west.

Yes. "Yabloko" (Apple) party. They even are in Parliament (Duma).

Nirish guy
August 23rd, 2020, 02:03
Yes and just like Trump Boris isnt behind the door using the LGBT community when it suits him too - below is just one article from Business Insider magazine, there are plenty examples of same across the internet. So whilst he may not actively vote us down ( as that wouldn’t be the smart thing to do just now) I doubt for a second that he’s an LGBT supporter. But I do accept in the last few years he has supported various pieces of important legislation, as to whether that was as he believed in it or it was useful for him to do so for his own purposes I guess we’ll never know.

“ Writing in the Spectator in 2000, Johnson attacked what he called "Labour's appalling agenda, encouraging the teaching of homosexuality in schools, and all the rest of it."
In his 2001 book "Friends, Voters, Countrymen," Johnson compared gay marriage to bestiality, writing that "If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

There was even more explicit homophobia. As Business Insider previously revealed, in a 1998 Telegraph column about Peter Mandelson's resignation from the Labour government, Johnson said the announcement would lead to the blubbing of "tank-topped bumboys" in "the Ministry of Sound" nightclub, and "the soft-lit Soho drinking clubs frequented by Mandy and his pals."

He added that Mandelson's departure would cause the "lipstick" to come away from Blair's government.

In a separate Telegraph column Johnson also bewailed attempts to increase equality at the BBC for gay people.

"It must be a spoof," he wrote. "In my hand was a magazine from something called the BBC Resources Equal Opportunities Unit. There were letters from gays asking about their "partner's" right to a BBC pension.“

goji
August 23rd, 2020, 02:48
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/20/another-martyr-democracy-last-thing-vladimir-putin-needs/

Another martyr for democracy is the last thing Vladimir Putin needs

The interesting point is that he thinks Putin can't fiddle an election sufficiently to overcome an avalanche of opposition. I hope that idea is tested soon and proves to be correct.