PDA

View Full Version : New 5 Star Grand Sukhumvit Hotel - $83.62 night special...

travelerjim
August 10th, 2006, 02:54
TravelZoo has e-mailed this special offer:

Note that availability is OK for high season year-end dates :-)

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/252736

http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fichehot ... otel.shtml (http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fichehotel/gb/sof/6171/fiche_hotel.shtml) .

$84 -- Brand-New 5-Star Hotel in Bangkok * new
Bangkok, Thailand
Travel dates: November-December
Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!
Celebrating the opening of the 5-Star Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel, Expedia has an amazing promotional rate of just $83.62 per night. Best of all, this special is valid during peak season from Nov. 1-Dec. 31. Other luxury properties in Thailand's capital go for well over $200(!)

The Grand Sukhumvit recently opened it's doors in May of 2006. It's conveniently located in the popular shopping and entertainment district and just steps from the Nana BTS Skytrain. Each guestroom is equipped with satellite/cable LCD TVs, high-speed Internet, and seperate shower & tub.

For example: I entered the check-in dates of December 27, 2006 - January 2, 2007..these rates are available:

Grand Sukhumvit By Sofitel

Availability: 1 room, 12/27/2006 - 1/2/2007

Room/Unit description Rate (per night)
Hotdeal Ccprepaid No Refund Deluxe 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb (Deposit required) $83.62 Book it
Hotdeal Ccprepaid No Refund Deluxe 2 Single Beds Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb (Deposit required) $83.62 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Deluxe 2 Single Beds Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $93.94 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Deluxe 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $93.94 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Deluxe 2 Single Beds Bb Bed Brkfast $115.11 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Deluxe 1 King Bed Bb Bed Brkfast $115.11 Book it
Hotdeal Ccprepaid No Refund Suite 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb (Deposit required) $115.37 Book it
Hotdeal Ccprepaid No Refund Deluxe 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb (Deposit required) $123.31 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Suite 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $125.69 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Deluxe 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $133.63 Book it
Hotdeal Ccprepaid No Refund Executive 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb (Deposit required) $133.90 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Executive 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $144.22 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Suite 1 King Bed Bb Bed Brkfast $146.86 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Deluxe 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Bb Bed Brkfast $154.80 Book it
Best Unrestricted Rate Executive 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Bb Bed Brkfast $165.39 Book it
Rack Rate Deluxe 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $169.09 Book it
Rack Rate Deluxe 2 Single Beds Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $169.09 Book it
Rack Rate Suite 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $226.25 Book it
Rack Rate Deluxe 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $240.54 Book it
Rack Rate Executive 1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed Room Only, Breakfast Pers Nt: 650 Thb $259.59 Book it

TravelerJim

firecat69
August 10th, 2006, 03:11
I would read reviews on Trip Advisor. This Hotel does not appear ready for prime Time.

I would consider waiting a few months and see if they get their act together???

August 10th, 2006, 04:11
TravelZoo has e-mailed this soecial offer: Note that availability is OK for high season year-end dates :-)

I had the opportunity to visit this hotel on a corporate showing a couple of weeks ago.

The hotel website and the prices on the promotional offers look good but:

Many of the rooms were two weeks ago still in the process of being finished. The furnishings are more MFI than luxury or even upmarket.

32 floors of units and serviced by only two lifts (elevators for our American readers) and neither of which appeared to comply with the safety regulations regarding automatically stopping the closing operation on encountering an obstruction that one would expect a large hotel chain adhere to.

If you want to walk to Nana station then Soi 6 is more of a track than a road. A lot of the Soi is unmade and takes very heavy traffic flow.

The prices offered over the high season are to attract punters for a soft opening. Good prices as long as you do not mind all of the teething problems assocaited with a run of the mill hotel chain.

August 10th, 2006, 05:28
Well. Its only August. By the holidays (say around New Years)... you would think they would have their act together. It would be a nice place to spend New Years Eve.

August 10th, 2006, 15:39
This doen't look like a five star hotel to me, more a four star in the making. Thought the rooms look bright and cheerful though, like a good motel.

August 10th, 2006, 16:07
Definitely not a five-star. It's crammed down the alley that goes from Sukhumvit Soi 4 to Soi 6. Looked like it was full of Russian package tourists the other day when I drove past.

August 10th, 2006, 19:25
OK you have my attention..

but can you take in a guest for the night ?