PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya's gay bars in intensive care

siscu58
August 2nd, 2020, 21:33
Here is a story from the Pattaya Mail web. Requiem for the gay nightlife. Interesting picture of erected-but-not-covered Jomtien Complex.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/some-of-pattayas-gay-bars-are-by-no-means-in-intensive-care-yet-309554

francois
August 2nd, 2020, 23:09
The title of the article in Pattaya Mail is:

Some of Pattaya’s gay bars are by no means in intensive care yet

Zebedee
August 4th, 2020, 19:41
Just looking at the photo of JC in the above link, makes me so sad, I wish I was there right now. Just to walk down that street passing all the bars , and being propositioned by the boys like countless times over the years,and yet I took it all for granted.
I'm practically "homesick" for the place. Oh god this is painful.

arsenal
August 5th, 2020, 07:34
5 months since my last trip as my May visit was cruelly ripped away. That 'pale shadow of its former self' that many have written about now glitters like stardust doesn't it.

Dodger
August 5th, 2020, 13:58
Just looking at the photo of JC in the above link, makes me so sad, I wish I was there right now. Just to walk down that street passing all the bars , and being propositioned by the boys like countless times over the years,and yet I took it all for granted.
I'm practically "homesick" for the place. Oh god this is painful.

Zebedee - Those of us who are fortunate enough to be here right now are saddened by this whole thing ourselves.. We miss the way things were before this Covid monster walked in the room, and believe me, our home here in Thailand isn't the same right now - and that's painful.

I received an e:mail yesterday from a close friend from Ireland (Bertie). Bertie and I have been getting together routinely during our bi-annual holidays in Pattaya for the past 20 years, and not seeing his smiling face stolling down the sois is heartbreaking. I have a dozen such friends who have been coming here regularly who I miss dearly as well. To me, they are all a part of the tapestry of gay Thailand, and it won't be the same until they return.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Bertie: "Your home will always be here waiting for you, and it will never be the same without you".

We're all in this together!

Zebedee
August 5th, 2020, 14:19
5 months since my last trip .....

I must be going stir crazy. Reading your post, my old religious teachings resurfaced and I managed a laugh! I read it as ,

"Bless me Jomtien for all my "offs", its been 5 months since my last visit.......for these and any other sins I have committed I am truly sorry."

Nurse Nurse!

arsenal
August 5th, 2020, 14:41
Give us this day our daily shag.
Forgive those who holiday before us.
For Pattaya is the kingdom and wine is the glory.
Forever and ever.
Ahh. Men.

Zebedee
August 5th, 2020, 15:21
LOL, brilliant. Now go up to the priest and he'll give you your reward.... oh hang on, maybe thats a bad idea.

Marc K
August 6th, 2020, 10:13
Zebedee - Those of us who are fortunate enough to be here right now are saddened by this whole thing ourselves.. We miss the way things were before this Covid monster walked in the room, and believe me, our home here in Thailand isn't the same right now - and that's painful.

I received an e:mail yesterday from a close friend from Ireland (Bertie). Bertie and I have been getting together routinely during our bi-annual holidays in Pattaya for the past 20 years, and not seeing his smiling face stolling down the sois is heartbreaking. I have a dozen such friends who have been coming here regularly who I miss dearly as well. To me, they are all a part of the tapestry of gay Thailand, and it won't be the same until they return.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Bertie: "Your home will always be here waiting for you, and it will never be the same without you".

We're all in this together!

Hi Dodger, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your post. For those of us away from Thailand, we somehow conjure up this image that all in Pattaya is fine -- JC is full of meriment, the restaurants are open, well, everything is just about "back to normal". Of course, in our saner moments we know this is not realistic. I too have friends (from UK, from Oz,...) who I miss seeing and spending time with in Pattaya. We always tried as best we could to coordinate our trip timings. Those reunions are part of the grand mystic of Pattaya for sure!

poshglasgow
August 13th, 2020, 21:27
I must be going stir crazy. Reading your post, my old religious teachings resurfaced and I managed a laugh! I read it as ,

"Bless me Jomtien for all my "offs", its been 5 months since my last visit.......for these and any other sins I have committed I am truly sorry."

Nurse Nurse!

As a lapsed Catholic, if ever I entered a confessional box now I would begin thus: "Bless me, Father, for you have sinned!"