PDA

View Full Version : Farang go home

StevieWonders
July 26th, 2020, 10:26
By 26 September

Manforallseasons
July 26th, 2020, 14:14
This is only relevant for foreigners stuck here at the moment because of COVID-19 and has nothing to do with foreigners living here on retirement or work visas.

Dodger
July 26th, 2020, 14:27
How did you come across this Announcement?

Manforallseasons
July 26th, 2020, 14:50
How did you come across this Announcement?
Dodger this is not applicable to long term retirement visa holders!

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/new-thai-immigration-visa-amnesty-to-september-26-has-many-discretionary-elements-to-watch-for-308795

Dodger
July 26th, 2020, 18:41
Dodger this is not applicable to long term retirement visa holders!

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/new-thai-immigration-visa-amnesty-to-september-26-has-many-discretionary-elements-to-watch-for-308795

Much appreciated.

The link you posted states clearly that this does not apply to retiree's on extensions...thank Buddha.

Immigration is going to be a mad house...and whenever they say..."visa decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis, it's time for Katie to bar the doors.

gerefan2
July 26th, 2020, 22:44
It’s been extended time and time again. Only last week people thought the end was nigh.

Why worry?

latintopxxx
July 27th, 2020, 03:51
...all a matter of connections and cash...

Smiles
July 27th, 2020, 09:33
I can confirm MFAS's statement above. Farang's who are/were originally living in Thailand on a 12 month Non-Imm 'O' or 'O-A' Visa (referred to as a 'Retirement Visa' by many) are still able to receive their 12 month Extensions.
--------------------------------------------------------

...all a matter of connections and cash...And please folks, pay no attention to LatinoPox's bullshit. He knows nothing now, in the past, and will never know anything in the future.
Trump-like indeed.

christianpfc
July 27th, 2020, 22:15
"Farang go home" is harsh. One of the reasons why I left Thailand on 1apr2020 for Germany was not knowing how visa-exempt entries will be treated. I was worried about having to to extend every 30 days for 1900 THB in Chaeng Wattana. If I had known that all tourist visas and visa exempt will be extended automatically to 31jul2020 (no money to pay, nowhere to go, nothing to apply for), I might have stayed.

And considering that there were repatriation flights organized by German embassy, and probably other civilized countries as well, everyone who wanted to go home had enough time and opportunity to go home, and I consider the second visa amnesty to 26sep2020 generous.