PDA

View Full Version : G-Star Pattaya - closed

colmx
July 22nd, 2020, 17:09
Looks like G-star in Pattaya are reporting that they are permanently closed effective immediately

https://www.facebook.com/gstarpattayaclub

The stated cause is "out of contract", seems strange to have spent all that money doing the place up only to close 9 months later...so I would presume that is has become a victim of Covid and lack of farang money to help subsidise their barboy clientele (or alternatively the landlord is pulling a fast one and intends to re-open next week after a slight rebrand!)

This now leaves Pattaya without a gay nightclub. Don't think its been like that since 2002 when Maya first opened?

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2020, 19:01
It’s very hard to make much sense of the Facebook translation.

I’m not surprised it it is closing. There are going to be many, many more closures if they don’t allow us back there soon.

Don’t think we have seen anything yet.

If they keep the borders closed expect Pattaya to look like Chernobyl very soon.

Manforallseasons
July 22nd, 2020, 19:22
As someone living in Thailand I am happy the borders are closed and am glad the government seems in no hurry to open them, it’s more about keeping the country Covid free than the loss of money.

arsenal
July 22nd, 2020, 19:30
As countries such as Spain, France and the UK have realised. At some point you have to bite the bullet and open up accepting that more people will die but the country HAS to get up and running again. What's the alternative MFAS? Stay closed forever.

colmx
July 22nd, 2020, 20:13
(or alternatively the landlord is pulling a fast one and intends to re-open next week after a slight rebrand!)

Seems my suspicions were correct!

An associated FB post says:
New shop (same place) is cooler than before.
Shop opens Friday 24/07/20

aussie_
July 26th, 2020, 10:46
The reason for the change of ownership and name change from G Star to Dragon Man Club was that one of the G Star owners wanted a karaoke section similar to that at the now closed NAB club and the other owner or owners disagreed.

The Silipin Esarn club is still going strong and with the restricted opening times we now arrive at the club at 930pm instead of 100am or 200am in the morning before the pandemic.