PDA

View Full Version : Small Storage

August 9th, 2006, 10:43
Anyone know of any places in Thailand (Pattaya/Bangkok) that offer a storage facility. In a few weeks i'll be off for awhile but hope to be back in Thailand in a month or two and would prefer not to take home all the crap I have accumulated. Not much really just a suitcase worth of clothes and junk. Any ideas?

bigben
August 10th, 2006, 00:53
FM41,

A couple of suggestions pop in my head. :bounce:

1. You could rent one of those shithole places the boys stay at for 2 or 3 thousand baht a month, pay them for 6 months since you are not sure when you will return. Just make sure you get a room with proper security (iron bars on the doors and windows).

2. You could take your suitcase full of clothes to a local laundry shop, pre-pay for the clothes to be cleaned and ironed and ask them to keep the suitcase for 500 baht a month and prepay at least 2 months. I am sure you will find some takers.

3. Not sure what “junk” you are referring to, as they say “one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.” If it is in fact just nic-naks maybe a cheap DVD player and TV, you could just give the stuff to one or many of the boys who work the bars who don’t have a DVD player or TV in their rooms.

They will be forever grateful but you should require that they don’t go and pawn the “junk” once you give it to them.

Good luck and hope you can return soon.

August 12th, 2006, 10:21
You could try "Bangkok Self Storage". Farang (US/Aust??) establised and opearted. The security looks good, and it's centrally located Sathorn (in Klong Thoei, not far from the Emporium).
I have not used it yet and do not the prices, but they seem to have many services (small to larger self-lock storage rooms, and I seem to recal a service where you can leave suitcases, etc., if you don't want to rent a full storage space.)
They also have a website.
Bonat

catawampuscat
August 12th, 2006, 11:15
Many of us ex-pats, have large enough spaces that we frequently hold suitcases or a couple of boxes of stuff, for friends
who come and go.. You also might find the place you stay at, will offer to hold your stuff for you at a low price or gratis, if you plan on
returning there to stay next time.. It is slightly more risky than a storage facility but if the stuff isn't all that important it may work out
for you......
You could run into a problem if the friend leaves town but that is a good reason to keep in touch via email..
I am giving up my digs at the end of the month here in Pattaya and cannot help out but maybe some others in this enlightened forum
can offer you some space in their flats..

August 12th, 2006, 11:22
Thanks guys for your suggestions and advice.

August 12th, 2006, 14:33
Yes, a good suggestion. the hotel I have been staying at for the 9 years has kept various things for me in their storage/concierge room (there a couple of things which have been there for 3+years-waiting for when I retire and return permanently. Long standing/cordial relationships with staff can be very helpful and useful.