View Full Version : Pandemic.....news worsens

latintopxxx
June 30th, 2020, 16:35
...damn just when I thought that maybe I might stiull make it to Thailand by the end of the year the news worsens...covid is flaring up in Australia and Germany after having been contained...it rages and increases in strength in the US...and latest news is that a new virulent swine flu has been discovered in China...its enough to make me cry

a447
June 30th, 2020, 17:40
Thailand is on the list of countries that will join a travel bubble with Australia.

I wish they'd hurry up!

bkkguy
June 30th, 2020, 19:27
TThailand is on the list of countries that will join a travel bubble with Australia.

I wish they'd hurry up!

I am sure the Thai government is following the developments in Victoria as much as the rest of Australia is, and I think the worst thing they could do is "hurry up", and fortunately they don't seem inclined to do so

latintopxxx
July 1st, 2020, 03:31
would love a travel bubble with both oz and Thailand...but yeah oz is a bit of a worry...hopefully the situation will settle down...on the flipside I have added a Laotian to my circle of fwb...almost like being back in Thailand when I'M with him.

francois
July 1st, 2020, 12:23
would love a travel bubble with both oz and Thailand...but yeah oz is a bit of a worry...hopefully the situation will settle down...on the flipside I have added a Laotian to my circle of fwb...almost like being back in Thailand when I'M with him.

Are you not from Amsterdam?

latintopxxx
July 1st, 2020, 16:28
...I moved...for the 6th time in 20 years....bit of a gypsy........

dab69
July 1st, 2020, 16:32
Flaring up in USA but fewer deaths.
Just more cases.

Less deadly? Too soon to know for certain.

Moses
July 1st, 2020, 16:52
Flaring up in USA but fewer deaths.
Just more cases.

It is typical evolution of viruses: most deadly mutations dies with hosts, less deadly survives because hosts survives and distributes copies around the world

bkkguy
July 1st, 2020, 18:54

wait a while, the is a standard delay: relax your lockdown rules then wait a week or two to see if cases increase then wait another week or two and look at the hospitalisation and recovery/death rate, and then get more interesting by looking at the age/co-morbidity details - I don't want to revert to stereotypes but in the USA these days most age groups have at least one co-morbidity - obesity! but then I am sure I am not the only one on this forum that could be accused of being in a pot/kettle (and dare I say black) scenario in relation to this attribute!

Nirish guy
July 1st, 2020, 19:58
Black Kettles Matter !!

francois
July 1st, 2020, 23:40
hen get more interesting by looking at the age/co-morbidity details - I don't want to revert to stereotypes but in the USA these days most age groups have at least one co-morbidity - obesity!

Yes, you are reverting to stereotypes.

latintopxxx
July 2nd, 2020, 02:57
...lol...have u been to the US...a bit like france...as in great country...pity about the people...

bkkguy
July 2nd, 2020, 19:40
Yes, you are reverting to stereotypes.

something your choice of avatar could ever be accused of :D

francois
July 3rd, 2020, 16:19
You are referring to my earlier avatar, I assume.

Smiles
July 3rd, 2020, 16:29
And yes, I liked the fat fuck much better. Makes me feel svelte ... (not that I'm not).

Nirish guy
July 3rd, 2020, 21:50
You are referring to my earlier avatar, I assume.

Thats the after lockdown version I presume if like ( most of ) the rest of us it seems he's fallen into the rut of eating and drinking to much whilst confined to barracks !

arsenal
July 5th, 2020, 10:49
With a record number of new cases in the last 24 hours and outbreaks in Beijing, Spain, Leicester and Germany this bastard isn't going quietly.

Equally concerning is that each of the above took place in some form of food production which suggests that it's entrenched in the food chain. Again, I hope I'm wrong.