PDA

View Full Version : Nice Boys

dab69
June 25th, 2020, 06:33
opens July 1.

Now if they would just let us back into the country...

Ruthrieston
June 25th, 2020, 09:45
No, no, no! They should keep you all out for a few months yet...............all the more for me!:))

arsenal
June 25th, 2020, 10:11
It's difficult to see how social distancing can be maintained with a naked Nice Boy draped across ones lap.

But I'd sure as hell like to try and find out.

dab69
June 25th, 2020, 10:26
wear one as a mask?

Nirish guy
June 25th, 2020, 16:18
It's difficult to see how social distancing can be maintained with a naked Nice Boy draped across ones lap. .

Well as they've just officially opened the brothels in Austria I guess there must be a way - mind you they've openly been opened on the basis of strict social distancing rules being enforced so it'll be interesting to see how they intend to manage ( and POLICE !) that - obviously only clients with a dick longer than 1m metre will be allowed to enter ( quite literally) and sanitiser must be used instead of Lube one must assume ?? :)

( apologies for the large image, I did try to resize it several times!?)

Wolzek
June 25th, 2020, 20:27
opens July 1.

That is great news! Also Winnerboys has announced on their Facebookpage they will reopen July 1.

gerefan2
June 26th, 2020, 00:22
It will be interesting to see how their charges have changed....

Nirish guy
June 26th, 2020, 00:26
Or if they're be enough / any customers to keep the boys in gainful employment even !?

gerefan2
June 26th, 2020, 01:04
Well it’s the right order of events. Open bars and brothels and the passengers will appear and the Airlines will provide flights. Next the bar owners and staff will pressure the government to open the borders and people will flow in again. Not just the rich and famous. Here’s hoping!

Nirish guy
June 26th, 2020, 08:47
So just like in the movie "Field of Dreams" then eh ......so ...if you build it they will cum ....... :-)

Dodger
June 26th, 2020, 13:00
Great news for Sunee!

Nice Boys owner and manager Beer and Mak, being seasoned veterans of the Sunee gogo scene, should know how to handle the BIB to keep their customers satisfied. Social-distancing??? This should be good.

Manforallseasons
June 26th, 2020, 13:41
Great news for Sunee!

Nice Boys owner and manager Beer and Mak, being seasoned veterans of the Sunee gogo scene, should know how to handle the BIB to keep their customers satisfied. Social-distancing??? This should be good.

Yes it will be interesting to see how they handle it, probably more tea money. I’ve kept in contact with 3 boys who formally worked at the bar who have secured new employment and will not be returning to NB. Beer has of recent years not been proactive in supplying new talent so time will tell. My expectations are rather low as most of the boys have gotten rather long in the tooth over many years.

dinagam
June 26th, 2020, 15:42
[QUOTE=Dodger;267573]Great news for Sunee!

Nice Boys owner and manager Beer and Mak, being seasoned veterans of the Sunee gogo scene, should know how to handle the BIB to keep their customers satisfied. Social-distancing??? This should be good. Quote

My expectations are rather low as most of the boys have gotten rather long in the tooth over many years.

Some of the boys started work at 18-20 years old. They can't be that much older than many other bar boys in Boyztown and Jomtian. With age comes the skills of the trade.

bkkguy
June 26th, 2020, 18:46
Open bars and brothels and the passengers will appear and the Airlines will provide flights. Next the bar owners and staff will pressure the government to open the borders and people will flow in again.

and that should take no more than what? 12-18 months?

gerefan2
June 26th, 2020, 23:23
and that should take no more than what? 12-18 months?

Money talks...

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2020, 00:01
Money talks...

If in fact it talks the Thai government is not at this moment listening. I have my own opinion of what happens and doesn’t happen here in Thailand and I praise the sever efforts it has made keeping the virus at bay and it is not about to open the floodgates to the virus. If bars etc. do slowly open I for one will not sit in an enclosed bar, gogo, or restaurant for the foreseeable future.
I don’t see how bars etc. can operate and make money with only expats supporting them and many expats are still unable to return to Thailand.

https://pattayaone.news/pattaya-bars-are-not-bothering-to-re-open/

arsenal
June 27th, 2020, 12:41
MFAS wrote.
"I for one will not sit in an enclosed bar, gogo, or restaurant for the foreseeable future."

I would happily sit in a go go bar tomorrow were I given the chance. When the final death toll is tallied up the UK will come very high on the list. A major reason on for this is the Brits stubborn refusal to miss out on the party. Merry England it's been for 1000 years and Merry England it shall continue to be.

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2020, 13:46
MFAS wrote.
"I for one will not sit in an enclosed bar, gogo, or restaurant for the foreseeable future."

I would happily sit in a go go bar tomorrow were I given the chance. When the final death toll is tallied up the UK will come very high on the list. A major reason on for this is the Brits stubborn refusal to miss out on the party. Merry England it's been for 1000 years and Merry England it shall continue to be.

Agreed, the UK and the USA are totally fucked at the moment all the more reason for Thailand not to extend a welcome and the immediate future doesn’t look good!

bkkguy
June 27th, 2020, 20:38
Money talks...

this is not an easy to solve local problem that can be solved in the Thai way by splashing some money around - whose money is going to talk where?

many of the venues here, including many of the hotels, do not have the staff, the money or the interest in re-opening under the "new normal" current, or even medium-term, conditions - whose money is going to change the conditions or finance the re-openings in the short or long term?

the majority of the people expressing interest in getting back to Thailand to visit the venues are from countries that do not have the virus under control - whose money splashed where is going to make their travel to Thailand acceptable to the Thai government, and more importantly the airlines who are not going to risk opening up flights between countries that do not have reciprocal travel agreements?

the number of people actually interested in getting back to the bars and venues in Thailand and actually have the money to do so might fill a few Cessnsa turboprops every so often but not regular profitable commercial flights daily or weekly from multiple countries - whose money where is going to support such flights in the next 6 -12 months?

gerefan2
June 28th, 2020, 00:34
whose money is going to talk where?

Virtually everyone working in Pattaya works in or for the tourist industry. At the moment they are on the verge of destitution, as are all the workers who have returned to their villages.

The whole hospitality business in Pattaya is on its knees. At the moment all bars, Gogo’s bars, hotels , massage places and thousands of restaurants are affected.

Soon there may be some relaxation and openings but as you say where are the customers going to come from?

In answer to your question “ whose money is going to talk where” , the answer is pretty obvious. The owners, the workers, the police and the out of work prostitutes. It is their money (or lack of it) that is going to talk. And hopefully their voice will persuade the powers that be to reopen the borders and bring back the customers.

The musicians have already set a good example.

Marc K
June 28th, 2020, 03:58
Agreed, the UK and the USA are totally fucked at the moment all the more reason for Thailand not to extend a welcome and the immediate future doesn’t look good!

You are right, but these things can turn on a dime. Italy was just a few weeks ago seemingly doomed while most of the USA was skating by unscathed (except NY, NJ etc). Now the tables have turned dramatically as the USA appears doomed (esp TX FL and AZ) and Europe looks like it is largely skating by. So, too, with Thailand. We just don't have a clue as to what this virus is going to do. For the next two years we are going to have to live in a world of great uncertainty.

For me I cannot say I will mourn the passing of the go-go bars. I always felt mildly uncomfortable going to them as it seems they were/are somewhat demeaning to both staff as well as clients. And perhaps most of all I felt mildly guilty handing over money which mostly went to the corrupt underworld. For all those who complain on this board and elsewhere about Thai corruption, alas we were all being complicit in feeding that corruption.

gerefan2
June 28th, 2020, 08:50
Europe looks like it is largely skating by..

With 177,000 dead in Europe I wouldn’t call that largely skating by...

Marc K
June 28th, 2020, 10:39
In terms of new cases and new deaths.

francois
June 28th, 2020, 12:25
For me I cannot say I will mourn the passing of the go-go bars. I always felt mildly uncomfortable going to them as it seems they were/are somewhat demeaning to both staff as well as clients. And perhaps most of all I felt mildly guilty handing over money which mostly went to the corrupt underworld. For all those who complain on this board and elsewhere about Thai corruption, alas we were all being complicit in feeding that corruption.

I never felt demeaned in a go go club nor felt guilty about spending my money there. I don't believe the majority of the money went to the corrupt underworld at all.

Oliver2
June 28th, 2020, 14:35
I've often talked this issue over with P. I spent my working life fighting for human rights and against racism- for thirteen years often risking my life in the face of guns and tear gas, gladly and proudly- and so theoretically I'm sympathetic to Mark K's position.

P isn't. His decision to go to Pattaya nineteen years ago was carefully considered and ultimately beneficial. He'd tried a number of jobs from the age of 17, one of which entailed sleeping on the floor two hundred miles away in a shop.

He came to Pattaya with two good friends: they shared everything , lived together, danced together and looked after each other financially. They had fun. Both ended-up on their feet; one became a lady boy and mamasan of a boys-for ladies bar and has made a mint. Another one was taken-up by a wealthy French guy and sent to university in Bangkok. And P found me.

I've asked him more than once about his eighteen year-old nephew who's at college....a clever boy. What would he say if N. said that he wanted to be a bar-boy?

"No problem. I'd give him advice as to how to be successful and how to look after himself." I paraphrase, of course.

P told me of a couple of occasions when he was treated badly- not roughly but thoughtlessly- but on the whole, he felt that falangs had been good to him.

He looks back on those days- even the early ones when the three amigos were sometimes hungry, dependent on one of the trio having an off and paying for the food and rent for all- with nostalgia. He knows that my support (some would call it love) saved him when he was desperately sick in hospital and that when I die, the bulk of my estate will go to him.

And he knows that he changed my life, too.

a447
June 28th, 2020, 14:48
Some of the money went to the police as tea money but I don't think the underworld were involved.

In the bars that I liked to visit, I would never describe any of the guys as being demeaned; on the contrary, they were incredibly uninhibited, laid-back and very eager.

Had that not been the case, I would not have gone into the bars.

latintopxxx
June 28th, 2020, 17:26
a447....can u really truthfully say that...??

francois
June 28th, 2020, 17:39
Marc K, After pondering about the distant past, I do recall being in some go go bars and the lads offered to chuck wow for 100 Baht and I accepted. I do think that was demeaning to them and to me. They were desperate for money and, in a way, I heedlessly, took advantage of that; I regret that.

a447
June 28th, 2020, 18:54
a447....can u really truthfully say that...??

Yep. That was the case in Goodboys, Eros, Golden Cock and Natureboys.

I've only been to Nice Boys a few times and found the guys very willing to please. They no doubt loved the fact that they could earn some money without really doing anything.

the lads offered to chuck wow for 100 Baht and I accepted. I do think that was demeaning to them

When I chuck-wowed one guy, often a line would form, each guy wanting his turn. A number of guys loved the chuck-wow; they told me that they'd be having a wank when they got home anyway so they might as well get paid for it.

I always gave them the going rate, even if it was at the end of the night and the bar was about to close.

Everyone was a winner.

BTW francois, if I recall correctly it was you who told me I was under-tipping at Eros for a chuck-wow. So I offered them your suggested tip and again, it was a win win situation.

From what I've read, the only 2 hands-on bars left in Thailand are Niceboys and Golden Cock. Natureboys was dead the last time I was in Bangkok.

bkkguy
June 28th, 2020, 20:25
In answer to your question “ whose money is going to talk where” , the answer is pretty obvious. The owners, the workers, the police and the out of work prostitutes. It is their money (or lack of it) that is going to talk. And hopefully their voice will persuade the powers that be to reopen the borders and bring back the customers.

the first part of your post was fairly easy to agree with, but if this is your "obvious" answer then one of us doesn't understand the question!

yes the hospitality and tourism industry in Pattaya, and indeed all of Thailand, is on its knees but as restrictions on venues are relaxed the problem does not go away easily

there is the classic chicken and egg problem - venues, hotels, restaurants, etc can't run profitably without tourists and tourists won't come till the venues, hotels, restaurants, etc are open and fully functional

but more importantly this is not just a local problem - tourists won't come till they have the money in a collapsing world economy, until they are convinced long distance air travel is safe enough, until travel restrictions are relaxed enough to make travel even possible and airfares are reasonable enough to make it feasible

even more importantly the Thai authorities have shown willing to try to keep the economy alive and getting back to business by helping SMEs and employees of real companies get through this, with some very limited support for those outside the mainstream economy, and to some extent to get some limited business, medical and upmarket tourism going, but I have yet to see any interest from the authorities in the plight of police officers missing donations to the policeman's ball, unemployed prostitutes, owners of dubiously licensed "entertainment venues" and "hotels" in places Like Pattaya, etc, so I am curious as to why you are hopeful that their voice will persuade the powers that be!

and I don't know what you think the musicians have achieved as a good example - the authorities have always said live music venues would be the last to open and now they are opening as part of the last relaxations next month

as Marc K noted "For the next two years we are going to have to live in a world of great uncertainty" and things could change very quickly, for better or worse, but forgive me if I don't see a significant rescue for the sex tourism industry in Pattaya any time soon

latintopxxx
June 29th, 2020, 03:58
...a447...u really need to take a good hard (excuse the pun) at yourself...your moral compass is faulty....at least I can open in my intentions in that I honestly say that I seek out and enjoy the exploitative demeaning environment provided by gogo/hands on bars...do you really believe that they enjoy or want to be on a stage in full view of the whole world available to be offed and used by just about anyone that walks in the front door waving cash??.....I know full well how I treat them and I certainly would not want to be treated that way...I have no illusions that the vast majority of the staff if they had the chance to earn similar money doing something else would jump at the opportunity

Marc K
June 29th, 2020, 04:04
Some of the money went to the police as tea money but I don't think the underworld were involved...

Really I wasn't speaking of tea money. Sure many of us here have seen firsthand the turning over of sacks of money to the police. I was referring to the ownership of some of the (larger and presumably most profitable) clubs themselves...

latintopxxx
June 29th, 2020, 04:15
...on 2nd thoughts a447...plse dont respond...we all have our kinks and at times entrenched viewpoints...not in the mood to start a heated discussion...

catawampuscat
June 29th, 2020, 11:45
Marc K, After pondering about the distant past, I do recall being in some go go bars and the lads offered to chuck wow for 100 Baht and I accepted. I do think that was demeaning to them and to me. They were desperate for money and, in a way, I heedlessly, took advantage of that; I regret that.

I’m shocked at the 100b.
francois among the most generous of farangs and tips very generously . I can recall under tipping in the past and then seeing the boy
again and giving him more. Often, the boy had surprised look on his face .
I personally find chuck wow boring but have friends who can watch for 20-30 minutes and love it.

latintopxxx
June 29th, 2020, 12:36
u just watch...really...no wonder u get bored...

francois
June 29th, 2020, 12:38
BTW francois, if I recall correctly it was you who told me I was under-tipping at Eros for a chuck-wow. So I offered them your suggested tip and again, it was a win win situation.

You have a good memory,a447; you do recall correctly.

a447
June 29th, 2020, 20:40
u just watch...really...no wonder u get bored...

A case of different strokes for different folks perhaps!

Nirish guy
June 29th, 2020, 22:27
If you do different strokes does that cost extra !? :)

Not a bit of wonder the boys in Eros call you "Cool hand Luke !!!" lol

latintopxxx
June 30th, 2020, 03:56
...nah...one cannot be a spectator only...gotta have the wanker draped across your lap so u can explore his body while he furiously works away...or failing that hes gotta stand next to u so u can explore his nether regions again while he furiously works away...anyway I tip only if they last a set time...not keen on how fast they can shoot...always tell them " tip only if u stay hard for 5 min...and cum after that"...can turn into a real comedy show as some struggle to actually get or stay hard...

Oliver2
June 30th, 2020, 13:22
Hands-on (and even more so mouths-on) bars have never been my cup of tea. It occurs to me that perhaps they are a relatively recent phenomenon....recent as in 21st century.

Thinking back to the past- a better place to be for someone desperately missing Thailand- I only saw such public displays once. it was at Memories Music Bar in North Pattaya and, already discomforted by the youthfulness of the staff, I was sent scurrying back to the refined and genteel Boyztown by a scene involving a falang and three or four go-go dancers.

I was easily shocked on my first visit. One of the things that enabled someone as shy and new to gay life as myself to fall in love with the Pattaya gay scene was the behaviour and bearing of the gay falangs I met. So much more presentable than the straight ones I saw. At least in Boyztown.

Brad the Impala
June 30th, 2020, 14:59
Hands-on (and even more so mouths-on) bars have never been my cup of tea. It occurs to me that perhaps they are a relatively recent phenomenon....recent as in 21st century.

Not so recent. I remember being taken to and taken aback by the goings on at the original Twilight bar some forty years ago, where the staff paraded naked and hands on was encouraged. It wasn't really my thing either, and I don't recall returning more than once or twice over the years.

dinagam
June 30th, 2020, 15:47
As recently as 2019 I've personally witnessed on separate evenings some spontaneous activities carried out by game, generous and sporting customers from Thais to falang on willing boys. Sometimes the planets do align.

Oliver2
June 30th, 2020, 16:41
There were a couple of bars in Soi Twilight in the late 90s where nudity was commonplace, and of course there were fuck-shows. I didn't see audience participation though..... perhaps because I never went to the Twilight Bar!

Marsilius
June 30th, 2020, 17:23
In the mid-1990s "audience participation" was very common in Sunnee Plaza's old Crazy Pub - later revamped and renamed as Krazy Dragon and, in its final incarnation which is all that some here may remember, appallingly sanitised by its commercially misguided American owner.

bkkguy
June 30th, 2020, 19:38
gotta have the wanker draped across your lap so u can explore his body while he furiously works away...or failing that hes gotta stand next to u so u can explore his nether regions again while he furiously works away

you need to be careful though, while you have both hands available for unlimited exploring his two hands are working on two different tasks - one doing the wanking, the other managing the straight porn on his mobile phone, and if you distract him too much from that crucial second task you may well put him off his stroke, so to speak!

JayToff
June 30th, 2020, 21:49
Give that this post has moved-on from Nice Boys re-opening to what actually used to go on in the bars back in the day - right up to the original Twilight - , this might be the right time to suggest that Sawatdee actually compile a proper history of Soi Twilight in a single thread There isn't one that I have come across on any of the forums. The closest such being the observations on changes in Soi Twilight in the monthly round-ups of Bangkok's nightlife on Bangkokeyes. It would be nice to have a timeline of what opened when and how the nature of the bars on the Soi changed over time, all the way from the original Twilight opening in 1966 down to the demise of Soi Twilight in 2019.

arsenal
July 1st, 2020, 09:25
JayToff wrote.
"Give that this post has moved-on from Nice Boys re-opening to what actually used to go on in the bars back in the day "

What do you mean "back in the day."? Loads if stuff still goes on. Nice Boys, Winner Boys, X-boys and Dreamboys still offer plenty of action both as a viewer and as a participant.

francois
July 1st, 2020, 12:26
What do you mean "back in the day."? Loads if stuff still goes on. Nice Boys, Winner Boys, X-boys and Dreamboys still offer plenty of action both as a viewer and as a participant.

You mean did offer plenty of action? Tonight will be the test as to what the future may bring.

dab69
July 1st, 2020, 16:27
Think Bier was letting boys that couldn't afford to pay room rent stay free at the bar dormitory style.
Who knows what happened the past months among the boys?

Hungry- maybe they fed each other.

dab69
July 2nd, 2020, 00:28
Hope someone posts pics.
Think their webmaster has been off though.

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2020, 15:32
Had lunch today with a friend that was at NB last night he said of the boys on stage most had plastic face shields, all wore jeans and the customer areas were sectioned off with plastic partitions.

dab69
July 2nd, 2020, 16:11
Well just happy to hear that the place is open and the boys and customers are a little safer...
Can hardly wait to get my hand down those jeans. :)

dab69
July 3rd, 2020, 05:00
https://www.yahoo.com/news/masks-bikinis-bangkok-sex-districts

Only one meter between you required.
Extend your arm and grab on-

dab69
July 3rd, 2020, 07:31
https://www.yahoo.com/news/masks-bikinis-bangkok-sex-districts

Only one meter between you required.
Extend your arm and grab on-
https://www.yahoo.com/news/masks-bikinis-bangkok-sex-districts-170222530.html

link fixed

BANGKOK (Reuters) - With performers wearing facemasks as well as bikinis, Bangkok's red-light districts reopened on Wednesday after more than three months of shutdown to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Bars, karaoke venues and massage parlours were in the latest category of businesses allowed to reopen - with conditions - now that Thailand has gone 37 days since recording any local transmission of the virus.

It meant a return to work for some of the hundreds of thousands of people in the nightlife industry who have been struggling to survive.

"I lost all my income," said Bee, a 27-year-old dancer who goes by her stage name at the XXX Lounge in the Patpong district.

"I'm glad that I can come back to work in a job that I'm good at. I'm OK with the mask because it's one of the precautions."

All customers have their temperature taken. They must give a name and telephone number. Inside, everybody must sit at least one metre (yard) apart and two metres from the stage.

British expatriate Michael Theo was among those who questioned the need.

"You can take a BTS (train) in the morning with 200 people on a packed train but then you can come into a bar and still have to sit 2 metres apart," he said.

Thailand has staggered the reopening of public places over several weeks. Schools also resumed on Wednesday.

Cockfighting and fishfighting venues remain closed.

The coronavirus has killed 58 people out of 3,173 infections, a relatively low number even within the region.

But Thailand's economy is forecast to sink further than any other in Southeast Asia with the number of foreign tourists expected to drop 80% this year.

At the Dream Boy club on Patpong's Soi 1, bare-chested men with faceshields tried to encourage the few passers-by off the street. But many businesses remained shut and there were few customers.

Nirish guy
July 3rd, 2020, 15:58
“Cockfighting and fishfighting venues remain closed.”

Can we assume that the above was a typo fir FIST fighting perhaps - or maybe IS there some obscure underground FISH fighting dems that operate in Thailand that the average westerner hasn’t heard of yet !? :-)

francois
July 3rd, 2020, 16:11
Fish fighting is common in Thailand. Lots of info by doing a google search.

https://www.efe.com/efe/english/world/tiny-but-deadly-siamese-fighting-fish-wage-epic-battles-in-thailand/50000262-3293267

But it could have been a typo.

Mancs
July 3rd, 2020, 16:24
"At the Dream Boy club on Patpong's Soi 1"
Isn't Dream Boy on Patpong Soi 2?

bkkguy
July 3rd, 2020, 19:18
Can we assume that the above was a typo fir FIST fighting perhaps

back in misspent youth there was bumper sticker that read "Don't drink water - fish fuck in it" - for some reason I kept misreading that as "fist fuck in it"

michaelx1992
July 3rd, 2020, 20:01
According to one of the NB boys:

The boys' dress code has changed to jeans for the time being and plenty of boys are on display (around 15 boys).
However, the number of customers is very low. He partially blamed the rain, but I doubt it will improve much when the weather clears up.

Manforallseasons
July 3rd, 2020, 20:40
According to one of the NB boys:

The boys' dress code has changed to jeans for the time being and plenty of boys are on display (around 15 boys).
However, the number of customers is very low. He partially blamed the rain, but I doubt it will improve much when the weather clears up.

These bars cannot survive only with the expats of whom most have seen the same boys for so long and are just bored and are looking for new boys not necessarily Nice Boys!

dab69
July 3rd, 2020, 20:48
I am just happy the boys get a free meal at work every night without waiting outside in the sun.
Also some air conditioning all night.

If only they had an exhaust fan to bring in fresh air.
Supposedly closed rooms are 18.7 times more probable to infect with virus
compared to just being outdoors.

I am even more turned on that the guys now wear jeans.
Certainly the boys I know won't let a silly zipper
stop them from having their chuck-wow *contests*.

christianpfc
July 3rd, 2020, 22:43
I am just happy the boys get a free meal at work every night without waiting outside in the sun.
Also some air conditioning all night.

I am even more turned on that the guys now wear jeans.

I don't think the boys' living quarters in the bar have aircon.

Now wearing jeans is justified by Coronavirus! Let's hope they are back to underwear when I'm back in August (optimistic) or September (realistic)! For me, underwear or swimwear is more attractive than anything else.

dab69
July 3rd, 2020, 23:23
again, since they have been closed for two months,
the government has regulated patrons should be seated two meters from the stage.

Splash guard?
or is this to protect the boys?

dab69
July 5th, 2020, 03:22
He deserves his very own thread please.

Jellybean
July 5th, 2020, 03:34
The posts relating to the late Kong of Nice Boys Bar have been moved and given their own topic.

Jellybean

Link to new topic: https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21499-Kong-RIP

catawampuscat
July 7th, 2020, 22:43
The jeans are gone and the boys all in undershorts. I counted 12 boys. Birthday party on July 10th. All are invited..

arsenal
July 8th, 2020, 09:54
"The jeans are gone and the boys all in undershorts. I counted 12 boys. Birthday party on July 10th. All are invited.."

Whose heart didn't quicken a beat at the glad tidings of this post.

Manforallseasons
July 8th, 2020, 19:11
A boy I’ve known who works at NB rents a room by the day for 300 baht, this morning he asked if I’de give him 300 because the bar has so few customers.

Nirish guy
July 8th, 2020, 19:36
A boy I’ve known who works at NB rents a room by the day for 300 baht, this morning he asked if I’de give him 300 because the bar has so few customers.

I hope you told him that for 1000 baht he could come over and help YOU out too - that way he can then cover THREE days rent ! Considering that it is like, you know, his JOB and all :)

gerefan2
July 8th, 2020, 20:39

That seems rather high at 9000 baht per month. Most of the boys I know show me bills for 4500-5000 per month....

Manforallseasons
July 8th, 2020, 21:18
That seems rather high at 9000 baht per month. Most of the boys I know show me bills for 4500-5000 per month....

He is renting by the day as he won’t stay in Pattaya if the situation doesn’t improve.

lonelywombat
July 8th, 2020, 21:35
The bar boys I know pay up to 4500 bpm divided by 3 = 1500 each
I am not sure where these figures come from but with food so scarce and virtually no income, it would not surprise a share room, with maybe more than 3

dab69
July 9th, 2020, 00:02
I hope you told him that for 1000 baht he could come over and help YOU out too - that way he can then cover THREE days rent ! Considering that it is like, you know, his JOB and all :)

Or three days free rent and 80000bT...

Nirish guy
July 9th, 2020, 01:04
Or three days free rent and 80000bT...

For that sort of money and based on the world economy right now I'd nearly be tempted to nip over myself - but no kissing !! But at least when I say " I do everything" - I SO do !! lol

catawampuscat
July 11th, 2020, 11:29
I stopped in Nice Boys last night for a drink. I was invited by one of the bosses a few days ago. There was free food but I had eaten
already. My biggest problem in Nice boys is the lighting. Mostly red dim lights and with many boys in masks, I can’t differentiate some
of the boys. Many with similar thin lithe bodies. Two of the boys are chunkier but one has mooks and the other a little bud of a pecker.
A cigarette smoker nearby chain smoked stinking up the bar.

latintopxxx
July 11th, 2020, 12:30
...sounds delightful...

a447
July 11th, 2020, 14:17
I My biggest problem in Nice boys is the lighting. Mostly red dim lights and with many boys in masks, I can’t differentiate some of the boys.

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong body part!

dab69
July 12th, 2020, 07:53
He is renting by the day as he won’t stay in Pattaya if the situation doesn’t improve.

and where will he go that has more business?

Manforallseasons
July 12th, 2020, 13:59
and where will he go that has more business?
He will be going into the army where he will be guaranteed 3 meals a day and a monthly salary.

dinagam
July 12th, 2020, 15:00
He will be going into the army where he will be guaranteed 3 meals a day and a monthly salary.

And after the military stint he will have an irresistible lean and strong body.

dab69
July 12th, 2020, 15:43
I am sure he is already irresistible and lean,
having little money.

Manforallseasons
July 13th, 2020, 13:50
If you knew Joe from NB he has left looking for greener pastures at 4T bar in the complex......I wish him luck, of the remaining boys most of which have been around for years go directly to work in a straight karaoke when the bar closes to augment their income, there they stay till 7am.

arsenal
July 13th, 2020, 22:27
"If you knew Joe from NB"

We know these boys by different names. Michael, when he posted about his fishing and water park trips used different names for the boys than those by which I know them. A while back someone posted about two boys who had moved to the complex. I knew both of them but again, he used different names to those i know them by.

I don't know how this comes about but it does.

latintopxxx
July 14th, 2020, 01:27
...alzheimers...

michaelx1992
July 14th, 2020, 04:29
They sometimes use different nicknames in different contexts. I met one of the boys' family and they called him by a different nickname (not his real first name).

In most cases, it's just a misunderstanding of their nicknames combined with problems with transliteration.

For example, some nicknames at NB:

Bike sounds like Bai
Golf (กอล์ฟ) sounds like Gob
Kong should probably be Glong (camera - กล้อง)
Nine is written as Naai (นาย)
Tui should be Duy (ดุ้ย)
Nun should be khanun (jackfruit - ขนุน)

But I don't know Joe.

Manforallseasons
July 14th, 2020, 04:36
Bai was a favorite of mine sadly no longer there, Kong passed away.

Wolzek
July 16th, 2020, 16:36
Bai was a favorite of mine sadly no longer there

If Bai is the same boy as Bike, he still works in the bar. Just not every night.

latintopxxx
July 17th, 2020, 03:05
lazy tart...

catawampuscat
July 18th, 2020, 21:51
I stopped in Nice Boys last night for a drink. I was invited by one of the bosses a few days ago. There was free food but I had eaten
already. My biggest problem in Nice boys is the lighting. Mostly red dim lights and with many boys in masks, I can’t differentiate some
of the boys. Many with similar thin lithe bodies. Two of the boys are chunkier but one has mooks and the other a little bud of a pecker.
A cigarette smoker nearby chain smoked stinking up the bar.

The lighting has improved greatly, now with some white lights.
I recall the old Good Boys bar nearby before it moved across the soi. It had only red lights and very dim. The boy I was sitting with
was covered with tattoos, which I only saw when a motorbikes headlights flashed by. I never returned to Good Boys.

Manforallseasons
July 23rd, 2020, 13:42
I spoke with one of the boys from NB today he said he has been told that if business doesn’t pick up in a month the place will close.

Oliver2
July 23rd, 2020, 14:39
It must be soul-destroying for these guys. Meanwhile the daily Pattaya news on Youtube shows long queues for food.

On a whim I logged on to Planet Romeo yesterday and was interested to see it reasonably busy, though with as many elderly falangs as Thais, of whom a high proportion were ladyboys. I suppose some are making money but it must be a struggle.

And no change in sight.

arsenal
July 23rd, 2020, 14:51
"I spoke with one of the boys from NB today he said he has been told that if business doesn’t pick up in a month the place will close."

Pick up. How?

Aux1010
July 23rd, 2020, 16:47
"I spoke with one of the boys from NB today he said he has been told that if business doesn’t pick up in a month the place will close."

Pick up. How?

That's what I was thinking, unfortunately I don't see any imminent changes to the global travel / tourism situation. My only hope would be that if they do close they'll look to re-open whenever tourism does resume (whenever that may be...)!

Nice Boys is definitely one of my favourite bars currently open (alongside Toolbox Bar in Phnom Penh).

If anyone sees Beer, you might want to suggest that they update their Facebook pages at some stage to show that they have actually re-opened, I doubt it would probably make much (any?) difference to their current patronage...but at-least those of us who can't currently visit could still see some of the current guys working there and fantasise about our next (hopeful) visit!

Manforallseasons
July 23rd, 2020, 17:54
Nice Boys is definitely one of my favourite bars currently open (alongside Toolbox Bar in Phnom Penh).

Totally agree about “Tool Box”......It is certainly not on the scale of NB but the shows are fun and there is no shortage of boys. Hats off to Doug the Canadian owner!

Aux1010
July 23rd, 2020, 19:02
Totally agree about “Tool Box”......It is certainly not on the scale of NB but the shows are fun and there is no shortage of boys. Hats off to Doug the Canadian owner!

Agree, Doug is an awesome host / owner!

The TB scene is not as explicit as NB's obviously (which is solely what appeals to me at NB's), but overall I have a superior experience at TB there than any other bars...the guys are generally cuter (in my opinion), are more fun and actually a lot more genuine than the more commercial Thai scene (I've spent a lot of time with guys from TB outside of their working hours without any money asked for / expected / or even accepted when offered).

latintopxxx
July 24th, 2020, 02:21
...aux that will change...unfortunately...

Dodger
July 24th, 2020, 19:42
Tool Box certainly looks inviting.

I've been putting off a visit to PP for years and will have to head that way when things open up.

Here's a link to some short videos and pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toolbox+bar+phnom+penh&rlz=1C1CHBD_enTH825TH825&oq=tool+box+bar+p&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.17752j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Manforallseasons
July 24th, 2020, 21:12
Tool Box certainly looks inviting.

I've been putting off a visit to PP for years and will have to head that way when things open up.

What about your wife?