PDA

View Full Version : Thai MP suggests legalising prostitution

sglad
June 18th, 2020, 04:14
The suggestion is a good one and one which I strongly support for the protection of the sex workers themselves but the MP's assumptions (especially regarding rape) and reasoning behind legalising prostitution are so terribly flawed that I don't even know where to begin to criticise it. Article can be found here:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/1935940/mp-suggests-legalising-prostitution

cdnmatt
June 18th, 2020, 14:31
Did I read that right? He wants government subsidized hookers, so anyone and everyone can get laid whenever the urge hits them?

Going right back to the days of Sodom And Gomorrah, baby!

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2020, 17:22
I'd vote for that guy !!!

* purely based on the subsidised and legal hookers I should add, the rest I didn't bother reading......

** Although I'm guessing that hookers may not be up for such legalisation as of the course the first thing Governments do after legalising something is TAX it ! So I'm guessing the average hooker could do without an additional bill to pay - and perhaps after such a tax was applied - both re VAT and their income tax the price wouldn't be so subsidised after all - damn - and it was all going so well there for a minute ! :-(

cdnmatt
June 18th, 2020, 19:11
He's probably an absolute sex maniac himself, and is tired of dishing out 80,000/month for his hookers, and figured he could maybe get the govt to pay instead. :)

A little off topic, but a while back found a video on Youtube about female hookers in Cambodia. I guess it's very common place that a group of young Camabodian guys will all get together, and one of them will go solo and pick up a lady of the night. Upon getting to the hotel room, he'll fire off a text to his buddies who make their way into the hotel while they proceed to run a train on the poor girl.

Sometimes it'll be up to 12 of them at once, and when interviewed about it they just shrug and rationalize it by saying, "well, you're poor, young and horny, and it's the only way we can get laid. it's fine, everyone does it". Pretty messed up.

arsenal
June 18th, 2020, 19:39
The Indians and middle easterners do that in Pattaya. It's one reason why they're so popular and loved by the Thais.