PDA

View Full Version : Moderation discussion

sglad
June 9th, 2020, 06:05
...From what I observe, your average westerner is more likely to dispose of his rubbish properly in Thailand than the locals...

And you don't have to look further than this forum to see this. Not only do we recycle our waste, we turn some of them into moderators.

Reuters reports that Bangkok's plastic waste went up by 62% in volume in April from food and other delivery packaging.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-plastic/plastic-piles-up-in-thailand-as-pandemic-efforts-sideline-pollution-fight-idUSKBN22N12W

Manforallseasons
June 9th, 2020, 06:08
And you don't have to look further than this forum to see this. Not only do we recycle our waste, we turn some of them into moderators.

And then there is you.

francois
June 9th, 2020, 10:40

Now, now, sgladys,rather than criticize you could always volunteer as a moderator and bring your genius to this forum.

dab69
June 9th, 2020, 14:22
looking at the footprints-
seems someone has stepped in doggie poo along the way...

gerefan2
June 9th, 2020, 21:53
Now, now, sgladys,rather than criticize you could always volunteer as a moderator and bring your genius to this forum.

As a Singapore student or as an old man man living in BKK? I thought Dissociative Identity Disorder wasnt allowed here.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21308-So-where-s-Freaky-!-Not-a-post-to-be-seen-I-ve-been-away-did-I-miss-something-!/page2

dinagam
June 10th, 2020, 09:30
The latest posturings by sgladyboy is nothing more than his attempts to usurp the position of the moderators. I'm just hoping that Moses will wield his big and long stick, if only to bring him back to his senses.

arsenal
June 10th, 2020, 10:37
"Now, now, sgladys,rather than criticize you could always volunteer as a moderator and bring your genius to this forum."

I've believed for sometime that the moderator team should be changed every six months. Like national service, not fun but a duty to be endured. Then everyone would know what it's like.

goji
June 10th, 2020, 17:42
If the moderators decided to boot a couple of persistently rude members off the board, they would have my support.

a447
June 10th, 2020, 18:20
If the moderators decided to boot a couple of persistently rude members off the board, they would have my support.

Moderator's cannot ban or suspend fellow members.

And that's the way it should be.

Nirish guy
June 10th, 2020, 18:21
For god sake PLEASE Moses change nothing, the board is running along quite nicely with less friction than it has in YEARS. Moderator intervention (either required or otherwise) is at an all time low ( as it just isn't needed thankfully) - so I'm guessing that Moses being the busy man that he is has more important things to do than try and fix something that isn't broken !

PS if we're carrying on THIS conversation it should be moved to Forum etc and not derailing the OP's topic........

goji
June 11th, 2020, 00:34
Firstly, thank you to Moses and the moderators for providing & running this forum at zero cost to members.

Secondly, I'm sure the power to ban or suspend members exists. If not with the moderators, then with Moses.
Obviously, Moses and the moderators should run the forum as they choose.
I'm just impressed that so much tolerance is extended when persistent rudeness is encountered. More tolerance than I would be able to show.

arsenal
January 23rd, 2022, 03:48
Am I allowed to find it funny that the squirrel came in to delete the word arsehole from my thread but not MiFASs and even worse didn't correct the spelling of his esteemed colleagues name. Lazy.

Several of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the Thai Boy topic and someone should press that red triangle to get them.moved. Like this one...probably.

arsenal
January 25th, 2022, 10:12
"I'm bored....please help...post pics of cute gogos..."

But. Please make sure that Thai go go boys go in the Gay Thailand forum, Cambodian go go boys go in the Gay Cambodian forum, Vietnamese go go boys go in the Gay Vietnam forum and all other go go boy nationalities go in the everything else forum. If there is more that one nationality in the photo then.please check with the squirrel of your choice for guidance. This is so important. Thank you.

This post will be moved then the gulag pretty fucking sharpish I'm guessing. Hahaha.

StevieWonders
January 25th, 2022, 11:43
"I'm bored....please help...post pics of cute gogos..."

But. Please make sure that Thai go go boys go in the Gay Thailand forum, Cambodian go go boys go in the Gay Cambodian forum, Vietnamese go go boys go in the Gay Vietnam forum and all other go go boy nationalities go in the everything else forum. If there is more that one nationality in the photo then.please check with the squirrel of your choice for guidance. This is so important. Thank you.

This post will be moved then the gulag pretty fucking sharpish I'm guessing. Hahaha.A fabulous sulk by someone who was an abject failure as a Moderator himself. Relevance Deprivation Syndrome??

arsenal
January 25th, 2022, 13:55
You're a fine one to talk SW considering you bitch daily that Dodger and Co have put you on ignore.

goji
February 11th, 2022, 12:12
Certain members have taken exception to moderators moving off topic posts.

However, to put the case for moving posts:
1 There have been numerous threads where the conversation has been taken off topic, often with someone arguing with one of the trolls.
2 Whilst some still mistakenly think it's worth arguing with a troll, many of us have the trolls on ignore and don't particularly want to see threads interrupted.

Now of course, it may be the prerogative of any member to feed the trolls, but it is equally reasonable for threads to remain on topic, as many members expect that.

Also, if someone wants to have a member v troll argument, what's so difficult about having that packaged up and kicked off into a dedicated thread ?
This keeps the original thread on topic, makes it easier for us to ignore and allows the participants to easily find their "output".
Everyone wins.

StevieWonders
February 11th, 2022, 15:19
Two weeks to reply to one of the unlamented arsenal’s paranoid posts - is that a record?