PDA

View Full Version : Pepcid - Covid

dab69
June 5th, 2020, 20:55
thought this warranted it's own post relating to Covid and Thailand.

Pepcid could ease coronavirus symptoms

A common, over-the-counter drug used for treating heartburn may have provided relief to coronavirus patients.

Ten patients sick with Covid-19 took famotidine, the active ingredient in Pepcid. In all 10 cases, their symptoms improved, according to a study published Thursday. None were hospitalized, and all survived.

"All patients noticed a rapid improvement in their condition within 24 to 48 hours of starting famotidine," the study published in the medical journal Gut said. "These findings suggest that famotidine may affect the course of Covid-19."

A coauthor of the study emphasized that it's a small group of patients. Even so, Dr. Joseph Conigliaro, a physician at Northwell Health in New York, said he was encouraged by the results and plans to do a larger study with outpatients on famotidine.

from a larger article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-deaths-over-1000-reported-in-the-past-24-hours/ar-BB154GHK?li=BBnb7Kz

Moggy
June 6th, 2020, 15:05
A few weeks ago vitamin D then Pepcid yesterday Vitamin K today even Trump suggesting bleach some weeks ago.

dab69
June 6th, 2020, 18:49
Bleach works but the side effects are a lltttle harsh.

This was a small study of 10 and 10/10 improved.
By a doctor and not that idiot Trump.
It is available over the counter to anyone.

Why be a Negative Nancy?

bkkguy
June 6th, 2020, 19:09
Why be a Negative Nancy?

because anecdotal observations on very small groups of patients under undefined conditions are not very helpful for the average person, or indeed even a doctor, to make informed decisions about treatment and just tend to cause confusion and raise false hopes - as Dr. Joseph Conigliaro said "he was encouraged by the results and plans to do a larger study" and once he, and a few other teams, have done so we may have something worth talking about

dab69
June 7th, 2020, 06:47
In the meantime, it's something with maybe some efficacy and less side effects than hydroxychloroquine which does nothing.
If I was ill, I certainly would want to try some over the counter relief without side effects.
What are the other options available while we are waiting?

More waiting? Doing nothing? Possibly dying?
I would HATE to have false hope- have a placebo effect- and actually improve. s/c

I don't think "even a doctor" would go against trying this.
But I am not quite qualified to speak for them like you have done here.

mr giggles
June 11th, 2020, 11:18
I'd rather drink Draino

dab69
June 11th, 2020, 16:21
hope you do.

francois
June 11th, 2020, 16:58
I'd rather drink Draino

Pepcid is an acid reducer; Drano is a toxic solution of sodium hydroxide and other chemicals. Of course you are jesting, but drinking Drano would not be wise.:drink:

What would happen if you drank Drano?
How exactly does death occur after drinking Drano? Your stomach will begin to dissolve, and you will vomit without control. Blood will come out of your eyes, mouth, and nose. Chemical burn on your insides, and terrible pain.

gerefan2
June 11th, 2020, 23:03
Your stomach will begin to dissolve, and you will vomit without control. Blood will come out of your eyes, mouth, and nose. Chemical burn on your insides, and terrible pain.

[/I]

Same as drinking Hong Thong then.

latintopxxx
June 12th, 2020, 03:28
in light of global warming...covid ...and the israeli arab tensions in the middle east I find this thread distasteful...

Andaman!
June 12th, 2020, 06:10
in light of global warming...covid ...and the israeli arab tensions in the middle east I find this thread distasteful...

........distasteful........from the man who boasted “I rode 'em like a pony...and used anothers face as a spitoon...” Now that is distasteful.