PDA

View Full Version : The WORLD FAMOUS Pattaya Beach has now reopened......world famous eh - who knew ! :-)

Nirish guy
June 2nd, 2020, 02:18
So, according to the BBC news web feed the "world famous" Pattaya beach has now reopened .......

Thailand's Pattaya Beach reopens to tourists
Wasawat Lukharang
BBC News Thai

The world-famous Pattaya Beach was among the first in Thailand to reopen to tourists on Monday.
Under phase three of the easing of lockdown measures, Thailand is allowing provincial governors to decide whether they should reopen tourist attractions.
Despite the rain, dozens of tourists came back to Pattaya Beach on Monday - but it was nowhere close to its usual capacity. International tourists are set to be allowed back into the country from July.
Tannee Pimpan was excited to visit the beach and travelled all the way from Bangkok with her two children.
“As soon as I found out about the lifting of restrictions, I made a plan to come to Pattaya. I take my children here for a short break. I’m not scared of the virus anymore but we are still wearing masks. The beach today is very beautiful and there is no rubbish lying around like before,” she told BBC News Thai.
Aside from Pattaya Beach, the eastern province of Chonburi has also reopened Jomtien and Bangsan.

However beaches in other provinces remain shut to visitors. Almost all Thai businesses are allowed to operate again as the spread of the virus has significantly slowed down. A curfew remains in place but it has been shortened by one hour.

Smiles
June 2nd, 2020, 09:29
Oh baby ...that ole Black Water. Yep, there's a tourist go-to if I've ever seen one.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/environment/black-water-pours-into-the-gulf-of-thailand-right-next-to-pattayas-walking-street-video

a447
June 2nd, 2020, 10:07
As soon as I found out about the lifting of restrictions, I made a plan to come to Pattaya. I take my children here for a short break

Sounds like child abuse to me!

francois
June 2nd, 2020, 12:50
Reports from a friend who checked out the beach area in Jomtien reported that the water/beach looked clean.