PDA

View Full Version : How the Thai bourgeois take care of the Boys of Isaan ....

Smiles
May 28th, 2020, 11:44
Suphot has gone home.
A couple of weeks ago I could tell that he was getting a bit antsy: his taxi/tour guide/motorcy taxi in Hua Hin was loosing steam ~~ as all small Thai business folks have noticed here ~~ and he was getting worried about his mother. For Mom, a few sisters, and two brothers (hopeless) 'home' is in Surin Province, deep in the rice paddies of Isaan.
We have a nice home there in the quiet and serenity (I love going there in peace for about a week) and he owns 20 Rai which he rents out to other farmers.
But Mom comes first .... so off he went ~ a drive of 8 or 9 hours. Once arrived he found Mom in perfect health and of no need of a nurse. But, "... while your here my favourite son ... " apparently her nearby ramshackle house has a number of holes in the roof ... "and you are, after all, my favourite son". And the icing on the cake ... your brothers are no-hopers.

So Pot fixes the roof, then, as she is fine, he sits with old friends drinking beer and eats certain disgusting foods which would NEVER be found in our fridge in Hua Hin.

Our country home and said beer garden:

So about the proletarian.

Suphot is getting old these days. We have now been together 20 years and the handsome hottie (my-eyes-only) who sent me into a numbing-like sweat is now 50 and someone else can do the sweating and the heavy lifting. And the lifting takes money, and the virus adds to the population in the village thus just some weeks ago and came swimming back in droves from Bangkok & Hua Hin & Phuket & Chiang Mai & dozens of larger towns where jobs are easier to get & now not easy at all.

And this is what it looks like:

This is Pot showing off huffing and puffing (and smiling ... he knows he will be watching soon!) with that noisy monstrosity of which I don't even know the name.

And this is the sweet looking village guy he has hired. Hmmmm. And no no no he does not do dancing naked in Bangkok (that's gone as well) but in a restaurant in that same city. He thinks the restaurant will open up now, but will he get his job back? That's the second part of the equation.
In the mean time he's out in the field doing what he was shown to do by his dad some years ago, before Bangkok. Pot, being a farmer for a good part of his Other Life (i.e. 'B.F.' 'Before Smiles') knows money is hard to come by in the dirt so he pays this young man a good salary, plus lunch, plus cold Leo Beer at the end of the day. He know's this guy's father, and respects him.

And as most Isaan boys/men they smile at anything that has "Selfie" written on it.

(Photos taken yesterday)

Kenny
May 28th, 2020, 11:53
One of the best written, illustrated and well informed posts I have read in a long time. Thank you Smiles.

arsenal
May 28th, 2020, 12:17
Simply lovely. Smiley Smiles.

Zebedee
May 28th, 2020, 13:29
What a joy to read. Thank you Smiles.

francois
May 28th, 2020, 15:04
A most refreshing post, Smiles. Thank you.

Nirish guy
May 28th, 2020, 17:10
lovely post and always lovely to hear the 20 year part to show there IS hope of us guys working it out and sticking together through thick and thin too.

Only trouble if it was me living with Suphot and he brought that guy back to work on the farm, who's father he respected etc would be my having to walk around all day muttering "dont shit on my own doorstep, dont shit in my own nest" all day to remind myself NOT to even THINK about trying to corrupt the guy ! :)

dinagam
May 28th, 2020, 18:37
Agreed.
Who in the least puritanical mind could resist the glistening perspiration on the youthful and lean chocolate skin...?

Smiles
May 28th, 2020, 20:20
Take it easy there Dinagam. Your brain and your dick held a conversation and decided to write the same post twice ... glistening perspiration and all.
Get a grip.

Marc K
May 29th, 2020, 01:43
Smiles, Pot is (still!) a cutey! You are a lucky guy!

latintopxxx
May 29th, 2020, 05:22
...OMG...my bags are packed...nah...fuck the bags can buy new shit when I get there...I'm off to Isaan...

Dodger
May 29th, 2020, 15:12
Smiles:

First and foremost...Congratulations on hitting the 20 year mark.

I'm feeling old right now. I remember reading about your first meeting with Suphot back in those days like it was yesterday. I'm not sure if you posted this on Alan's old Pattaya Gay forum during the Hedda War era...or Sawatdee...can't remember. But in any event, time really fly's.

Suphot still looks great...love that classic smile of his, and he appears closer to 30 than 50.

I'm hanging my hat in Buriam right now waiting for these travel restrictions to lift - just a stone's throw from Surin. I can attest to the serenity, but I've been forced to roost here for 3 months now and can't wait to head back South. A few weeks of country life in Maysberry is fine, but when I start giving the chickens names and expecting them to respond, it's time to leave.

If Suphot returns to Hua Hin before July 1st he may have to isolate with you for 14 days. I'm sure that would break your heart.

Cheers

colmx
May 30th, 2020, 01:18
I'm not sure if you posted this on Alan's old Pattaya Gay forum during the Hedda War era...or Sawatdee...can't remember.
My vote is DreadedNeds forum, certainly that's where I first came across Smiles

Smiles
May 30th, 2020, 07:24
I started Sawatdee in 2001 (thereabouts) when Dreaded Ned put the kibosh to his message board.
His board was just a part of his quite large website. If I recall Dreaded Ned took his board down because of a threatened law suite by a disgruntled member.
If his board had of kept going Sawatdee would probably not have started up.
Gaybutton and Pattaya Gay were going at that time also.
That skinny weasel Hedda was fucking around much later :p... about 2005-2006.

arsenal
May 30th, 2020, 08:10
And then there were two. Here and GB. GB is probably more useful if you're after factual info whereas we're more wayward.

Anything regarding something being built in Pattaya is always a bloody good read over there. It starts off with a new baht bus stop on Second Road and ends with some member unable to understand why the city doesn't build an underground system linking Bangkok and Pattaya to every airport in Thailand. Hilarious.

Smiles
May 30th, 2020, 10:06
OFF TOPIC! GET USED TO IT. :blush:

And then there were two. Here and GB.Well there's also GayThailand as #3 although it's business model is, well, truly business-like. I haven't poked into the message board part in years.
Sawatdee has another part to it also (i.e. Moses's tour guide biz, but it seems to me ~ could be wrong ~ that the folks who use the message board are mostly not his clientele which use the tour guide part).
Gaybutton is the only board which stands alone as talk-only.

Moses
May 30th, 2020, 16:07
that the folks who use the message board are mostly not his clientele which use the tour guide part).
Gaybutton is the only board which stands alone as talk-only.

About 9-10 members for 4 years. But if we will speak about number of clients who come to Siamroads from ads on the site/forum - then number is significant higher...

GB is working from my server as well.

goji
May 30th, 2020, 16:47
And then there were two. Here and GB.
Definitely 3, as despite the title, GayGuides is effectively the Gay Thailand site under a new name & with a slightly idiosyncratic interface. Boytoy.com, with the same board software has an Asian section. I believe it has the same ownership as GayGuides, but am not completely sure of the current situation.

In the last dozen or so years, we had the Gay Ting Tong site disappear. I think there was briefly a site called pattayagayaffairs.com.
Both were at the polite end of the spectrum.

Plus one or more bitch boards.

Smiles
May 30th, 2020, 16:49
Thanks everyone for enjoying this topic. I certainly did not expect that much participation. I used to post these "living-in-Thailand-with-a-Thai -man-cum-photos" short stories much more then than I do now.
Getting old now (If he's 50, I'm 71 :dirol_mini: ) and life seems to have become slightly more easy-going then before.
Not lazy mind you ... "easy-going" is a much more gentle lie.
Thanks again.

But you know, Thailand is not by any means a dull country, and he is anything but dull. So ...last night I was clipping my finger nails on the patio. He come dashing out of nowhere insistent that he must do that for me. What the fuck is up with Thais and nails?
And so ...

Patanawet
May 31st, 2020, 14:54
. So ...last night I was clipping my finger nails on the patio. He come dashing out of nowhere insistent that he must do that for me. What the fuck is up with Thais and nails?
And so ...
Mine has a weekly routine -- my nails -- the 2 cats claws --then himself.:))

Oliver2
May 31st, 2020, 15:53
Thank God I'm not the only one whose nails are the subject of constant scrutiny and criticism. I once had the temerity to try to use a pair of nail scissors to do the job. I had apparently broken one of the (alleged) basic rules of Thai etiquette by not having brought clippers to Thailand with me. So off to 7 Eleven we went.

christianpfc
May 31st, 2020, 18:49
In 2015, I made a list of current and former (but after 2009, the first time I came to Thailand) blogs and forums about gay Thailand. The following is from https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/02/gay-forums-blogs-guides-and-encounters.html

Forums no longer online:
www.baht-stop.com (closed March 2014)
www.bahtstop.com (opend July 2012, closed 2013 ?)
www.bangkokboy.de (in German, last entry 22Feb2009, last saved on archive Dec2014, now offline)
http://cruisinggaythailand.com/ (opened May 2013, closed April ? 2014) see here as well: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/neal-new-message-board-t29124.html
http://www.gaysexthailand.com/ (founded by Bruce_NYC, short lived, medium activity, end of 2015, check 12apr2016: gone)
www.gaytouri.com (opened July 2012, closed 2013 ?)
http://gaylifeinthailand.com/ (little activity, created Nov 2013, closed Feb2015)
https://www.facebook.com/GayLifeInThailand
http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/what-ever-happened-the-gaylifeinthailand-board-t31789.html

The various bitchboards 2012-2013 had little to do with Thailand or homosexuality, linking to them feels like passing a sexually transmitted disease to my readers, open at your own risk (anyway most links are not active any more). My memory is vague, the following data is mainly reconstructed from emails confirming my registration. When the bitchboards started, I had no idea what a mess it would create, otherwise I would have kept better track. Good riddance!

http://pattayabitchboard.com
(opened May 2013, closed April ? 2014)
http://gaythailandbitchboard.com/
(opened Dec 2012, closed)
http://thailandbitchboard.com
(opened Aug 2013, closed April 2014)
http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.com/pg/forum
(no activity)

Smiles
June 1st, 2020, 10:18
Here's quite a number of pages from PattayaGay (circa 2002).
Lots of topics started up by members there who are still posting on Sawatdee nearly 20 years ago.
The only part of the front page which seems to work is 'Archives'. Lots of topics.

When you click on Archives you'll not always bring it up. Last night it worked well for me for some time. I had some fun reading old posts by Sawatdee members who are long-gone now.
This morning not so good.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041019153624/http://www.pattayagay.com/forum/index.php

latintopxxx
June 1st, 2020, 10:50
totally off topic...but who owns this info and who pays for it to stay "alive".?? Always thouight that a website would dissapear if the owner doesnt pay somebody to host it.

francois
June 1st, 2020, 13:45
Lots of topics started up by members there who are still posting on Sawatdee nearly 20 years ago.
The only part of the front page which seems to work is 'Archives'. Lots of topics.

When you click on Archives you'll not always bring it up. Last night it worked well for me for some time. I had some fun reading old posts by Sawatdee members who are long-gone now.
This morning not so good.

I did check it out and, as you said, kind of hit and miss.
And yes, there was Smiles, posting back then. There were a few other names I recognized and are still posting but most are gone.

Smiles
June 1st, 2020, 14:51
"... And yes, there was Smiles, posting back then ..."

Yes, I agree that I could be a cunt every so often. C'est la vie ... Hedda ~ if you remember ~ had two cunts in the same body most of the time (talking about Hydras), and I will not add in the six dildos he carried around "up there" at the same time. I wonder where he is now?
Talking about cunts: I distinctly remember ~ on another planet far far away ~ using that word in a post. Hedda hopped up in high dudgeon ~ he always seemed to me to be somewhat of a nephew of Oliver Cromwell ~ and called me "vulgar". I so loved that ... what a cunt I was back then.

dinagam
June 1st, 2020, 15:40
This is beginning to sound like the vagina monologue.

sglad
June 4th, 2020, 20:39
Take it easy there Dinagam. Your brain and your dick held a conversation and decided to write the same post twice ... glistening perspiration and all.
Get a grip.

You must forgive dinagay, Smiles. The only grip he's familiar with is Poligrip.

latintopxxx
June 5th, 2020, 03:38
I'm totally bored...this is so annoying...going off topic...can we please please have some more photos of the cuteness at work...preferably in a skimpy loin clothe....lots of pics of him bending over tending the fertile fields...

Smiles
June 5th, 2020, 08:49
" ... I'm totally bored..."That's because you are totally boring. Everytime.

Dodger
June 5th, 2020, 13:51

Thanks for pulling this old archive out of the closet.

Reading some of the old posts was like taking a train ride back to Never-Never Land filled with nostalgia.

I spotted the names of 8 posters who are still active on Sawatdee or other forums, e.g., Colmx, Smiles, ChisUK, TravelerJim, Firecat, Rich LB, and myself. I'm sure there are others.

Some of the members I particularly enjoyed...and really miss, include: Pearl of the Orient, Sanitree na Pakin, Boxer, wowpow, John Botting, and others. Re-reading some of the old posts by Hedda, Badboybilly, and a few other rare individuals, reminds me of just how easy it was (and is) to find humor in absurdity

Smiles: I searched all over for a topic I posted way-back-when entitled "Motorbike Boy", although had no luck in finding it. If by chance you know where I could look could you please point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Smiles
June 5th, 2020, 14:03
Dodger,
I'll try to find Motobike Boy (I remember the post, but on what Board I don't know).
Meanwhile, I sent a PM to you about a week ago regarding driving in Isaan these Covid-19 days. I suspect you don't look up there in 'Notifications'. Top right hand of the opening page.

dab69
June 19th, 2020, 08:07
Thank God I'm not the only one whose nails are the subject of constant scrutiny and criticism. I once had the temerity to try to use a pair of nail scissors to do the job. I had apparently broken one of the (alleged) basic rules of Thai etiquette by not having brought clippers to Thailand with me. So off to 7 Eleven we went.

Just felt the shudder of beach lady manicurists all the way overseas!
First chance I get in Pattaya is Jomtien for a nice mani/pedi.