PDA

View Full Version : Water rationing

aot871
April 15th, 2020, 04:53
With pattaya about to start water rationing where do the water tankers , who charge for water to be deliviered get their water from?

neddy3
April 15th, 2020, 06:40
Don't ask!

You might not like the rumoured answer.

Ruthrieston
April 15th, 2020, 10:31
I will say that the big water tankers delivered water to my condo building on Pratumnak and the water does smell rather dubious. But better a shower in smelly water than no shower at all?

Nirish guy
April 15th, 2020, 17:48
But better a shower in smelly water than no shower at all?

Hmmm NO I would have thought to that surely ? You can always use wet wipes and the like but to swap one smell for another ( with god knows WHAT in the 2nd dose of water, then no I think I'd prefer to find other means just to get clean personally.

goji
April 15th, 2020, 22:08
The tap water in Thailand isn't that clean anyway.

I don't notice when taking a shower, but every time the hotel has a bath it's noticeable that there's a slight brown tint to the water.
Still, it's better than bathing in the Ganges. I think.

Nirish guy
April 16th, 2020, 01:03
////but every time the hotel has a bath it's noticeable that there's a slight brown tint to the water.

Is this before or AFTER you get out though ?? :)

a447
April 16th, 2020, 10:35
.....but every time the hotel has a bath it's noticeable that there's a slight brown tint to the water.

I'm sure the situation will improve once toilet paper is freely available. Lol

sglad
April 17th, 2020, 01:29
I'm sure the situation will improve once toilet paper is freely available. Lol

If knew anything about the current situation in Thailand, you'd know that there is no shortage of toilet paper there or any of the basic necessities that most people would need in their daily lives. The only shortage is MONEY which the daily-rated workers, lower income groups and/or those with no savings are facing.

Thankfully, the better off Thais (no, not the rich but those with a bit extra and a big heart) are organising themselves to help those who are less fortunate by distributing cooked food and basic necessities like rice and cooking oil at various locations all over the country. Contrast that with your countryman who was shamelessly hoarding 5,000 rolls of toilet paper and tried to get a refund after he was banned from re-selling them on eBay.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/lifestyle/2020/04/australian-supermarket-boss-unleashes-on-hoarder-who-tried-to-return-hundreds-of-toilet-rolls-hand-sanitisers.html