PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya to Reopen May 1......?

Manforallseasons
April 14th, 2020, 23:49

Patanawet
April 15th, 2020, 02:10
Sure.

Nirish guy
April 15th, 2020, 05:29
Don’t think I’d be rushing to book any flights ( even if you could) to join Pattaya for its big reopening on that date somehow.

neddy3
April 15th, 2020, 06:38
When it happens, I'll believe it.

Every country is a long way from being over the pandemic.

BOY69
April 15th, 2020, 14:42
Even if everything will reopen on May 1 it will take a long time till things get normal ,we have to remember that the Convi 19 is still active and spreading around .

Nirish guy
April 15th, 2020, 15:07
Don’t think I’d be rushing to book any flights ( even if you could) to join Pattaya for its big reopening on that date somehow.

Edit - and after reading the news this morning re Thailand extending their incoming flight bans on all flights now until the 30th April and so then the current requirement still being in place that anyone on any incoming flight MUST be placed in quarantine for a further 14 days etc, that would then make it around the 3rd week in May before Pattaya ( and it's hotels and bars) would be seeing any inbound tourists then anyway - at the earliest !

So, yeah I dont think there will be much need to be ringing ahead to be block booking tables yet your favourite Pattaya tourist restaurants for their alleged 1st of May date "just yet" perhaps ! :-(

Manforallseasons
April 15th, 2020, 16:48
So, yeah I dont think there will be much need to be ringing ahead to be block booking tables yet your favourite Pattaya tourist restaurants for their alleged 1st of May date "just yet" perhaps ! :-(

I would imagine most restaurants and bar workers have returned home and if the restrictions are still in place on internal travel staffing will be a big issue.

gerefan2
April 15th, 2020, 20:57

don’t forget the expats. They will welcome this...if it happens on time!

Nirish guy
April 16th, 2020, 01:11
don’t forget the expats. They will welcome this...if it happens on time!

Perhaps - but hey sure we're always told that Ex pats wouldn't spend Christmas anyway and actually they dont really eat out anywhere that special anyway and just get by perfectly well on their meals for 170 baht etc, whereas it's us 2 week millionaires who ACTUALLY keep the gay scene things going and who REALLY put the money into Pattaya ..........

....and ok, I'm not saying I "actually" believe that, but hey it's lock down, we've all got time on our hands and I just thought I'd pull the pin on that old hand chestnut / grenade and chuck it in there ! :-)