PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ Superstar

bkkguy
April 11th, 2020, 21:39
I'm just watching the YouTube (free legit) stream of Laurence Connor's UK "contemporary re-imagining" of the rock musical Jesus Christ Superstar. I first saw this live in Sydney more than 30 years ago with a stunning but very minimalist stage production with a cast of 10's including some of the best music stars in Oz at that time. Despite my religious beliefs (or lack of) and my minimal respect for ALW&TR INC I have always enjoyed the music, particularly the original Oz cast recording, but watching this modern hi-tech political production with a cast of hundreds including some recent UK music stars, with local accents intact, has been a bit of a culture clash - particularly as I am watching it under lockdown in Bangkok while enjoying a spicy Mexican chili dish I whipped up accompanied by a bottle of Sang Som with soda&coke. Such are the joys of waiting out coronavirus in Bangkok - but all is not perfect even here, I have to face a retirement extension at Chaengwattana in a few weeks time!

Be quick if you want to watch it, it is only on for I think 48 hours from its Good Friday start (not sure what timezone) but the "Shows Must Go On" group sponsoring this will be adding new streams each week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpO4ohqx3os&t=4831s