PDA

View Full Version : Kev-in- Thailand

Oliver2
April 11th, 2020, 15:16
Kevin Burt, "Kev" in this Youtube blog based in Pattaya, has died after a long illness. He seemed a genuinely nice guy and loved the city and its people. Although he never visited or to my knowledge even mentioned the gay areas, his footage of scenes around the city and sometimes in other Thai destinations, gave me particular pleasure when I was far away.

Nirish guy
April 11th, 2020, 20:40
Thats sad news, and whilst not unexpected perhaps in view of his ongoing condition still sad none the less as he always tried to put a positive outlook on his life there, even when I'm sure he perhaps wasn't feeling that way.

If nothing else one of his videos was maybe a timely reminder for anyone thinking of living in Thailand (that would be a brave move just now mind perhaps !) to maybe ensure that if from the UK that they do keep a UK address up and running and ideally pop home every six months just to keep themselves right re NHS cover etc ( after years of paying their NIC contributions !) as Kev's problem was of course as he wasn't able to keep up any UK address ( even a postal address) he then after his 6 months out of the Country wasn't covered for any NHS treatment and when his cancer struck he was left needing money in Thailand to pay privately for that.

To be fair it seems that received perfectly good treatment there with his two rounds of Chemo etc but alas it wasn't enough for the poor guy, but I'm guessing that could well have been the same outcome had he returned to the UK if and when able. One poigent moment was him talking about having to but a reconditioned laptop ( I presume to save money) and saying how actually he was close to and should have just bought a new one and considered he passed within a year of that I couldn't help thinking, you know mate, you're right you damned well should have and bugger the consequences and maybe the rest of us can take something from that too as we all never know when our time's up too of course !

So bugger it, but the metaphoric laptop and be damned I say guys and after that let the chips fall where they may as we never know what's in store for us tomorrow !

RIP Kevin, you seemed like a decent spud.

GerBear1958
April 16th, 2020, 02:55
I don't see a link to his blog - but would love to check it out. Can someone post a link please? Or at least enough info to search for it? Thanks. Stay safe everyone.

Jellybean
April 16th, 2020, 03:09
I don't see a link to his blog - but would love to check it out. Can someone post a link please? Or at least enough info to search for it? Thanks. Stay safe everyone.

I found the following on YouTube, GerBear1958. I simply searched for “Kev in Thailand”:

https://youtu.be/4rZs2fgluTY

Oliver2
April 16th, 2020, 14:00
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVXPv9Zg34vrexMMlmwLnXQ