PDA

View Full Version : Video of Pattaya after the Emergency decree

sglad
March 30th, 2020, 02:17
The beach seems quite busy still, with pimps, streetwalkers and farang milling around. Social distancing not being observed and I'm surprised by the number of elderly farang still on the beach and not isolating themselves. Everyone has an equal chance of being infected by this virus if exposed to it but the impact on the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions (COPD, asthma, heart disease, hypertension, etc) is worse. Click on the link below for the video. Keep safe, everyone.

https://youtu.be/dwLZbmO41ao

https://youtu.be/dwLZbmO41ao

Nirish guy
March 30th, 2020, 04:33
Likewise pics on Pattaymail site showing police and government officials attending outside the Thai airways office giving out free masks and telling off / suggesting / insisting that farang wear them - whether they think that’s a good idea or not.

BUT the police and other government staff can be seen all standing huddled in groups and standing right next to said farang as they “educate them” about social distancing. You really couldn’t make it up.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-urges-foreigners-to-wear-face-masks-and-practice-social-distancing-293297

Keith
March 30th, 2020, 05:30
The level of indifference to the impact of the virus is typical. As can be seen from other countries, the virus, will spread fast, and some of those farang, who tend to be older and unfit, will die. They will also infect other people. As expected the police are doing nothing.

aussie_
March 30th, 2020, 11:09
I walked along Jomtiem Beach road last night. The police were patrolling and ordering anyone sitting on the beach to move. I only saw one group compared to last week when it was busy. At the same time across the road there was an Elvis show happening in a restaurant with farangs dancing and sitting around drinking. I noticed other restaurants where farangs were sitting close together with friends drinking and no food in sight. The streets now are generally very quiet day and night.

cdnmatt
March 30th, 2020, 13:03
Where's the video?

And are people stupid? I mean, if you don't give a shit about life and don't mind dieing, then by all means go for it... but don't be a dick attending a party while you get other people sick who maybe don't want to die.

francois
March 30th, 2020, 23:02
Pattaya is a ghost town for all intents; all the people I have seen are adhering to the emergency decree.

Manforallseasons
March 30th, 2020, 23:29
The usual idiots commentary by those that aren’t in Pattaya with the exception of francois on a videotape posted by someone that has never been to Pattaya........Lol

Nirish guy
March 31st, 2020, 01:08
Idiots or not you cant deny the content of the video and the various pics or the likes of Aussie seeing his apparent on going Elvis show etc, sometimes it's not just posters on here who are "idiots" it seems and being in denial about means you can probably join the rest of us easily enough over in the idiots corner I'm guessing.

BOY69
March 31st, 2020, 03:54
https://pattayaone.news/photos-of-pattaya-city-at-night-and-how-dead-it-has-become/

Photos of Pattaya City at night and how dead it has become

Smiles
March 31st, 2020, 12:59
I notice that in Pattaya (from the video) as well as in my home town Hua Hin that the Baht Buses ('Songthaew') are still going and still having passengers sitting and standing next to everyone else. Frankly I was astounded that these cheap taxis are seemingly still being allowed on the streets. I normally take them all the time, but no longer until this virus dies away.

Is the Skytrain and Underground in Bangkok still running? If so, once again it's shoulder-to- shoulder. I was in Bangkok in middle February .... the trains were full to bursting and although there was a majority of Thais with masks, but still scrunched up to everyone else.

snotface
March 31st, 2020, 15:02
The baht buses in Pattaya are supposed to have a 5-passenger limit until further notice, I read today, but the one I boarded at the South Pattaya school yesterday contained 11 of us before it set off. I wonder what most baht bus drivers are going to do if they have their full complement of 5 and someone else wants to get on...

Nirish guy
March 31st, 2020, 15:05
The baht buses in Pattaya are supposed to have a 5-passenger ......but the one I boarded at the South Pattaya school yesterday contained 11 of us before it set off. ..

PLEASE tell us you immediately got up and got off it reminding the driver why - if not for for your health but for everyone else's too, both who were on the bus and that those who those same people were going NO DOUBT going to meet and talk to and stand and sit beside all the rest of day whilst out and about on their ( probably unimportant) business as they too likely shared the virus round a bit more !? :-(

snotface
March 31st, 2020, 15:14
I wasn't aware of the new limit yesterday or I would have said something. Especially if it was that old hag at the South Pattaya school screeching at us to 'Move inside!'

Nirish guy
March 31st, 2020, 15:22
Yeah to be fair I do have quite a long list of people Id quite like to GIVE the virus to but the government beat me to it with their bloody travel restrictions damn them ! :)

goji
March 31st, 2020, 16:29
The baht buses in Pattaya are supposed to have a 5-passenger limit until further notice, I read today, but the one I boarded at the South Pattaya school yesterday contained 11 of us before it set off. I wonder what most baht bus drivers are going to do if they have their full complement of 5 and someone else wants to get on...

If the fare remains at 10 baht, the economics of running a baht bus must be screwed up. Of course the driver will pack more customers in.

aussie_
April 1st, 2020, 22:36
Some of the songtaews and trucks taking construction workers around Pattaya are packed with 20 or more people. If one worker has the virus it will spread quickly amongst their workmates and others.

Nirish guy
April 2nd, 2020, 00:29
Of course it doesn't matter who's ON the bus as its just as important as to who has BEEN on the bus, as based on the amount of bare metal about the buses, then maybe whoever has been onboard within the last two or three days even comes into play and adds to the risk factor - and whilst i'm sure ( ok it's 50/50 ) that the drivers assistant might rub down the odd grab rail with a dirty cloth occasionally for visual effect I wouldn't like to be gambling my health or LIFE on that method of travel just now that for sure!

dab69
April 2nd, 2020, 00:47
Of course it doesn't matter who's ON the bus as its just as important as to who has BEEN on the bus, as based on the amount of bare metal about the buses, then maybe within the last two or three days even comes into play - and whilst i'm sure they'll rub the odd handle down with a dirty cloth occasionally for effect I wouldn't like to be gambling my health or LIFE on that method of travel just now !

Hell yeah! Give me reaching around a cute motorcycle boy any day! Cuties on the Baht bus are too few and far between..

sglad
April 3rd, 2020, 01:17
The usual idiots commentary by those that aren’t in Pattaya with the exception of francois on a videotape posted by someone that has never been to Pattaya........Lol

Actually, the video that I posted above accompanied an article in the Bangkok Post published on 29 March 2020 which talked about the "devastation" of Pattaya following the corona outbreak and the Emergency decree that ensued. Here is a link to the article which I forgot to post earlier.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...us-hits-travel

gerefan2
April 3rd, 2020, 04:34
Doesn’t work

Jellybean
April 3rd, 2020, 04:52
This link works:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1888795/pattaya-devastated-as-coronavirus-hits-travel

Nirish guy
April 3rd, 2020, 20:25
Although looking at some of the stills from those videos as well as some silly Thai's sill quietly serving silly farang in their bars it seems that it's farang that need to be locked down just as much as Thais as they're all walk about still not quite knowing what to do with themselves ! Likewise surely the motorbike taxis need taken off the roads IMMEDIATELY as they must be an the drivers must be obvious "super spreaders" with so many people jumping on and off their bikes every day !

francois
April 4th, 2020, 21:28
Likewise surely the motorbike taxis need taken off the roads IMMEDIATELY as they must be an the drivers must be obvious "super spreaders" with so many people jumping on and off their bikes every day !

Many of the motorbike taxi drivers may get only 1 to 3 riders/day.I doubt they could be considered super spreaders. Would you prefer that people use a Baht Bus which can get quite crowded?

riverdee
April 4th, 2020, 22:00
and if you want to die fine....but please don't infect other vulnerable people please

Nirish guy
April 4th, 2020, 22:38
Would you prefer that people use a Baht Bus which can get quite crowded?

No, I'd much prefer that people STAY HOME as they're being requested to !

Nirish guy
April 6th, 2020, 03:04
So, for those of us who were meant to be there about now and decided not to go......here's what we're missing..... Although I have to say for the Thai peoples sake I hope it stays like this until normality returns.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_zeIT72Dlo

colmx
April 6th, 2020, 07:20
I'd like to know what time that clip was filmed. Because all I see on FB is pics of crowds of unemployed bar/massage workers hanging around outside their previous place of work, eating/drinking communally and taking group pics. Seems a lot are not taking social distancing seriously at all

sglad
April 10th, 2020, 02:09

Nobody forced you to get on the bus or you could have got off as soon as you realised they were going to fill it up. You must have taken that baht-bus dozens, if not hundreds, of times and surely know the drill. Do you, a presumably semi-literate westerner, really need an announcement from the Thai government, a government you frequently ridicule anyway, to observe social distancing rules that have been recommended and, in many countries legally enforced, for at least a month now? You could have been an asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carrier of the virus and spread it to at least 10 other people on the bus or you could have contracted it on the bus and spread it to countless others since you got off. I hope you've had the common sense, if not the compassion for others, to isolate yourself since that ride.

snotface
April 10th, 2020, 20:53
I hope you've had the common sense, if not the compassion for others, to isolate yourself since that ride.

Never you mind what I'm doing. A lecture from a Little Miss Goody Two-Shoes like you tempts me, if anything, to run through the streets of Pattaya coughing and spluttering and waving a furry Chinese bat above my head.

Smiles
April 10th, 2020, 21:12
" ... A lecture from a Little Miss Goody Two-Shoes like you ..."I can see it now.
All message boards need at least one, at all times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynB_nWeXfWA