PDA

View Full Version : Ages since anyone mentioned the Tarntawan Hotel so........ :)

Nirish guy
March 28th, 2020, 02:34
So, as it's be AGES since anyone mentioned our OLD friend the Tarntawan Hotel I thought I'd just mention that even though I'd booked with them (via Agoda) on a "no refund for cancellation" basis, i dropped them a line saying I would of course HAVE to cancel and was their any chance etc, meanwhile Agoda wrote to me saying "booking now cancelled (after I pressed the cancel button) and "tough shit" basically as no cancellation option in place etc. BUT The reception at Tarntawan actually contacted Agoda and said they were happy to cancel, free of charge and would they mind please refunding THEIR customer please and low and behold ( and much to my suprise) Agoda complied !!

So, credit where credit is due, most hotels would have simply said "you booked with Agoda, take it up with them", so bog credit to the Tarntawan hotel reception for going the extra mile today ! :)

latintopxxx
March 28th, 2020, 03:08
that is great news, thanks for taking the time to share good news...most people only share bad reviews and take good service for granted

BOY69
March 28th, 2020, 22:18
In my opinion due the Corrona virus crisis most hotels are aware to the situation and will be very flexible with their cancellation policy.

Manforallseasons
March 29th, 2020, 00:37
“Ages since anyone mentioned the Tarntawan Hotel”

Thank heaven!

goji
March 29th, 2020, 01:46
So, credit where credit is due, most hotels would have simply said "you booked with Agoda, take it up with them", so bog credit to the Tarntawan hotel reception for going the extra mile today ! :)

Well done to the Tarntawan.

On the other side of the coin, some airline and hotel businesses are so f*cked that they run out of money if they fully refund all customers cash.
Companies like Easy Jet are sending out e-mails to customers and waiving rebooking charges, so if they want to move a flight booking to next year, it's easy. That saves them refunding the money this year.

Nirish guy
March 29th, 2020, 02:13
Ha as an aside to the above whilst the Tarntawan got Agoda to refund etc when Agoda rang me to arrange that they very subtly mentioned that my refund was being processed and would be being paid as “Agoda cash” and would be credited back to my account straight away - it was only when I questioned that the guy confirmed that Agoda cash is actually basically a “credit” which they’ve decreed must be used to book another room somewhere within a maximum of 3 months or the credit expires !

Needless to say I said “bugger that, I’ll just have a proper cash credit back to my credit card please!” to which he almost laughed and said “yeah ok, sorry, we’re told to try that first”. To be honest I’ve no problem with any firm trying to issue a credit and not a refund, my own company is doing it too for obvious cash flow reasons etc, but for a hotel booking form to do that, whilst trying to enforce a 3 month limit to “use it or lose it” did come across as a little short sighted ( and greedy) considering the position of the world travel market just now perhaps.

gerefan2
March 29th, 2020, 04:09
Companies like Easy Jet are sending out e-mails to customers and waiving rebooking charges, so if they want to move a flight booking to next year, it's easy. That saves them refunding the money this year.

Not to be recommended. Many airlines won’t survive this crisis and the only safe way forward for the customer is to take cash.

A voucher for a flight with a defunct airline would be useless.

BOY69
March 30th, 2020, 05:39
I am still waiting for the refund for my flight cancellation almost one month ,I don't believe it will happen ...

gerefan2
March 30th, 2020, 06:49
I am still waiting for the refund for my flight cancellation almost one month ,I don't believe it will happen ...

Eva Air website says 2 months backlog for refunds...your airline may well be similar.

GerBear1958
April 11th, 2020, 01:13
@Manforallseasons - I booked the Tarntawan Hotel for my visit to Bangkok in January - assuming this crisis is over. I read all the reviews - most good - a few bad. I read as much as I could on this forum about the hotel. Decided to book there because of the location. Do you have more information about this hotel you'd like to share? Thanks.

arsenal
April 11th, 2020, 08:34
In times of yore this unassuming Siamese Inn could pull in the posters like almost no other subject. Pixellated pistols at dawn would be drawn by members in order to defend its honour. The pillow chocolate (yuk) was discussed in depth by amateur confectioners and the receptionists life was examined in forensic detail. Sometimes there were three or more threads running simultaneously. Now it's facing the same fate as other legendary gay venues such as Chariots, Two Guys, The Black Cap, Krazy and Artful Dodger. Extinction beckons.

Josan
April 11th, 2020, 20:41
You made the right decision! I was there in February and part of March. Still good service and always helpful. The manager often came out in the evening and sat at the bar with the rest of us!

Manforallseasons
April 11th, 2020, 21:44
@Manforallseasons - I booked the Tarntawan Hotel for my visit to Bangkok in January - assuming this crisis is over. I read all the reviews - most good - a few bad. I read as much as I could on this forum about the hotel. Decided to book there because of the location. Do you have more information about this hotel you'd like to share? Thanks.

This seems like a rather bazar moment to discuss this as it had been discussed ad nauseam on this board, all that is needed is to search Tarntawan Hotel. The O.P. Is planning on a November trip and unlike most posters that are chomping at the bit to return to Thailand I live here and I believe if and when this plague is over the gay scene as with any other scene will be drastically different. Many hotels will be closed and bankrupt, many bars, GoGo bars, restaurants will cease to exist. All things considered if I were contemplating a trip here in the fall I would adopt a very strong wait and see attitude.

Oliver2
April 12th, 2020, 13:52
Good advice. My June visit was postponed long ago and, although I have hopes rather than expectations for an Autumn trip, there is no way that I shall be laying down any money for it. Best to wait and see.