PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya to Shut Down all Entertainment Venues Including Bars and Massage Shops

Manforallseasons
March 17th, 2020, 22:03
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/03/17/pattaya-to-close-all-entertainment-venues-such-as-bars-nightclubs-and-massage-shops-until-the-end-of-the-month/

gerefan2
March 17th, 2020, 23:07
Good bye Sunee, it was good knowing you,...

BOY69
March 18th, 2020, 01:37
Very sad but that was expected .

dab69
March 18th, 2020, 02:02
Not sad but proactive to save lives.
I am happy for the boys.

Nirish guy
March 18th, 2020, 07:25
You think this is going to stop the boys interacting with each other / customers ( from online meets etc) - all this is doing whilst all the malls etc are still open is moving the risk from bars to other locations, they too will HAVE to try and go for and all in kick down type mode to genuinely try and control things, but I guess for now mentally they’re not quite there yet. They will be shortly no doubt when people start dropping like flies. :/(

It’s hard to believe that it was only a week or so ago that several of us were having the “should we or shouldn’t we go” conversation on here when you see how quickly the European side of things has developed / fallen apart.

Crazy times. :-(

dab69
March 18th, 2020, 09:13
I would have landed in BKK about right now had I been able to fly the last leg of Seoul > BKK.

Manforallseasons
March 18th, 2020, 09:16
Not sad but proactive to save lives.
I am happy for the boys.
I am happy for the customers who are mostly in the high risk age group as well.

latintopxxx
March 18th, 2020, 12:14
u beat me to it mfas...the "boys" will be fine, at least the vast majority, its the cutomers that would be in danger...look at Italy and Spain...its the oldies over 65 that are affected most

Oliver2
March 18th, 2020, 14:19
Yes, "they'll be fine". The only problems that I can see are that they need to eat and pay rent. Or, in some cases, to get back home. Desperation leads to risky behaviour Of all kinds.

Manforallseasons
March 18th, 2020, 14:43
Update: https://youtu.be/GkTWp0vBWAs

arsenal
March 18th, 2020, 15:16
So will the price of sex;
1. go up because it's more risky for the seller.
2. go down because it's a buyers market due to the extreme need for money.
3. stay the same until someone can decide otherwise.

Nirish guy
March 18th, 2020, 15:17
The only problems that I can see are that they need to eat and pay rent.

Trust me based on how many businesses business has fallen off a cliff in about two days flat and seemingly has no sight of any return to normal date Thai boys aren’t the only people wondering how they’re going to get by this week I assure you ! :-(

Doug
March 20th, 2020, 18:26
Brought to you by the Pattaya Covid19 Humour Society.

That "stable genius" in the white house called a news conference to announce his brilliant new plan which he and Melania developed over months of testing to help stop Covid19.

latintopxxx
March 21st, 2020, 03:25
...nah will never take off...the cuties would rather risk the China virus before messing up their hair ...

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2020, 06:11
Why is everyone saying it's the death of Pattaya? If anything, it's the opposite.

Give it a year or so for the virus to blow over, unemployment rate will skyrocket, and there'll be tons more sex workers at the ready.

gerefan2
March 21st, 2020, 14:21
I wonder what will happen with the boys from Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Are they able to cross the border and go home or are they stuck in Thailand? I think I read that some borders are closed. Some may not even have the money to get home.
Five Thai boys I know quite well have returned to their villages. I do hope their bars will reopen and they will return.

latintopxxx
March 21st, 2020, 15:56
u know 5 thai boys...

BOY69
March 21st, 2020, 17:13
The terrestrial borders are closed the only option is to book flight ticket at the moment but it might change very quickly because many flights are beeing cancelled on spot and the neighborhood countries might shut down all incoming flights soon.

gerefan2
March 21st, 2020, 17:25
u know 5 thai boys...

Yes. If you ever visit Pattaya you will know that almost non of the guys that work in the bars are Thai nowadays.

But you knew that anyway didn’t you?

colmx
March 21st, 2020, 23:27
From the Facebook posts that I have seen recently there is bugger all social distancing going on in Pattaya!
Beach and boat trips galore with group photos.
Also discos and karaoke's still seem to be open, again with loads of group pics

Patanawet
March 22nd, 2020, 18:37
Bangkok close down extended to 12th of April.

Patanawet
March 22nd, 2020, 18:46
Five provinces bordering Bangkok will follow the capital's lead by ordering the temporary closure of many Covid-19 high-risk venues from March 22 to April 12.

Patanawet
March 22nd, 2020, 19:19
Yes. If you ever visit Pattaya you will know that almost non of the guys that work in the bars are Thai nowadays.

But you knew that anyway didn’t you?

Ever been to Jomtien Plaza?

francois
March 22nd, 2020, 23:37

You do mean Jomtien Complex, not Plaza?

gerefan2
March 22nd, 2020, 23:55

Yes many non Thai boys there too. Assuming you mean Jomtien Complex.

You are also hard pressed nowadays to find a Thai boy in a Gogo bar either.