PDA

View Full Version : entering thailand

aot871
March 13th, 2020, 15:21
Can some one please explane to me the suitation entering thailand for some one from the uk ?, i getting confusted

pong
March 13th, 2020, 22:29
Thats tough as it may even change whilst you are sitting in your plane!
What is reported as from today, 13/3 (friday-whoo, thats badluck!) is that any arriving tourist has to load an APP on the smartfone that anyone is supposed to have (or buy a sim for that for 49 bt) and have his/her temp. checked on arrival at swampy. IF you have high temp and or signs of flue, there will be a further medical check that may lead to quarantine. If you do not, they will still need to follow you with that APP in case someone else on that flite showed symptoms and they want to check anyone who was onboard. I have up till now not seen any realistic report how this is working. SOME countries, notably now ITaly, who were same status as UK/EU: entry on visa-exempt for max 30 days, are now banned. IF the registered nr of cases in UK may pass a certain threshold, it is in principe possible same fate for UK.
You had much better check uptodate well-informed fora for this, notably TA=TripAdvisor and TV=THaiVisa. Most of the regular persons on this site have pity with you, but stay as expats and thus have no recent personal exper. about all that.
As an aside:many airlines have also cancelled many flites, if not the leg to BKK maybe the leg from UK to the transit point. This may also change by the day.

Zebedee
March 14th, 2020, 12:57
Basically , everything is "up in the air" seriously though,I agree with Pong,the situation is fluid and can change in an instant. What applies today may not apply tomorrow.
I don't know your circumstances,but if at all possible i suggest you cancel your trip, the situation is impossible to plan for and if you get it wrong it could have serious costs to you or your health. Bear in mind that is only MY opinion. No one can give you a cast iron guarantee.
If you decide to go anyway, you might get lucky,its a risk.
Sorry about your predicament.

Oliver2
March 14th, 2020, 15:30
I have to agree with Zebedee. I'm coming to terms with the likelihood that even my June trip will not take place unless there is a perceptible change in the situation. P's visa to come to the UK is held up, predictably....and we are both fed-up. However, the consequences of falling ill in Thailand are too frightening to consider and, bearing in mind the sheer unhealthiness of air travel (which of us hasn't caught a cold on a flight?), the only sensible advice is to wait and see.

christianpfc
March 14th, 2020, 17:05
Recent changes to German passport holders:
when I entered Thailand recently I had to fill out a TM8 form and provide a health certificate.

(N.B. that some countries impose restrictions for people of certain nationality, others for travelers from certain areas. I have not been in Germany for 8 months so I'm not affected by the situation in Germany. But I was in Cambodia and Vietnam and immigration officer asked me about the situation there.)