PDA

View Full Version : First time traveler to Thailand

GerBear1958
March 5th, 2020, 21:27
You all seem to have a lot of experience in Thailand. I have learned a lot from many of the informative posts on here. I am a retired white guy from the USA. I will be traveling to Thailand for my first time next January - Pattaya, Bangkok, and Chiang Mai. It's also going to be a lot of firsts for me. I've never paid for sex, never been with a young boy - only interested in legal age - but it's ok if he looks younger - and never been with a guy with lots of tattoos, piercings and/or mooks. I want to experience it all. Of course I'm worried that I could get myself in a bad situation - someone try to rob or hurt me - though I never see those types of stories on this forum. I'm also not real comfortable in bar situations - wish there was another way to meet guys there. I have the apps - blued, Romeo and Growler. Any suggestions for me? Thanks.

arsenal
March 5th, 2020, 21:49
What type do you like? We can send you to exactly the right bar and probably tell you the name of the owner.

Mancs
March 6th, 2020, 06:08
Talk to the men on the apps. Discuss what you like doing. Maybe video chat to make sure they look like their photos. Make them an offer in the 1000 to 2000 bt area. Get a room with a safe so you don't worry about valuables. Treat the men politely. They may worry about what you might be like too. Being attacked is very unlikely. Getting robbed is very unlikely unless you leave money out looking obvious. I've been going for 9 years and that is my experience. Have a good time.

dab69
March 6th, 2020, 06:18
Talking on the apps will be difficult in their language and the limitations of Google Translates messed up translations.
Try translating into Thai,. Copy and paste it back into Translate back to English- you will see quickly how scrambled it becomes.

From what time are you coming from? :)

Oliver2
March 6th, 2020, 14:28
Mancs is correct. My experience is of over twenty years, and seventy plus visits....no thefts, no threats. Take normal precautions. Smile a lot! Thais like that.

a447
March 6th, 2020, 16:22
In over 15 years of regularly visiting Thailand (and other S.E.Asian countries) I've had 1 theft (partly my own fault) and have been pick-pocketed once on the baht bus. That's it!

I find the average Thai generally very honest.

francois
March 6th, 2020, 16:43
GerBear,hope you plan to spend some money for the moneyboys.

GerBear1958
March 11th, 2020, 19:51
I don't like the girly boys. I like some meat on the bones. My biggest fantasies are with muscles and tattoos. I'm also interested in experiencing some wider stuff like mooks and multiple piercings. I'm also interested in trying our very young - over legal age of course. Thanks Arsenal for all your informative posts.

GerBear1958
March 11th, 2020, 19:53
Thanks for the advise Mancs. I always treat everyone politely and with respect. It's the only way to go!

GerBear1958
March 11th, 2020, 19:55
Thanks Dab69 - I was assuming that many people there speak English - is that not true? I will be in Pattaya, Bangkok and Chiang Mai for 2 weeks in January 2021. I hope all this Corona Virus crap is over by then!

GerBear1958
March 11th, 2020, 19:58
Thanks Oliver2. I love to smile and get a nice smile back. I'm a very friendly guy - and I hear that the Thai people are also very friendly. I'm looking forward to the entire experience - and hoping for some fun too!

GerBear1958
March 11th, 2020, 19:59
Thanks a447 - Good to know!

GerBear1958
March 11th, 2020, 20:01
Francois - I plan to budget appropriately! I don't want to miss out on all the fun!

Manforallseasons
March 11th, 2020, 20:02
I don't like the girly boys. I like some meat on the bones. My biggest fantasies are with muscles and tattoos. I'm also interested in experiencing some wider stuff like mooks and multiple piercings. I'm also interested in trying our very young - over legal age of course. Thanks Arsenal for all your informative posts.

Nice Boys Sunee plaza has what you explained you like. For me it is boring as hell as the same boys have been there for years but sometimes what’s old can be new again for a new tourist.

christianpfc
March 15th, 2020, 10:18
Talk to the men on the apps. Discuss what you like doing. Maybe video chat to make sure they look like their photos. Make them an offer in the 1000 to 2000 bt area...

Gay whoredom is split in two field: those who discuss their planned activities, and those who don't. You have to find out which works for you.

Video chat is a good idea and has saved me some disappointments.

1000 is the going rate for short time. Everyone who pays more wastes their money and creates unreasonable expectations.

Mancs
March 15th, 2020, 10:45
I'll take that as a telling off, Christian, lol. When I offer 1000 I don't seem to get very far.

arsenal
March 15th, 2020, 11:10
You'll miss out on a lot of sexual pleasure with some very attractive boys if all you're offering is 1000 baht. It's Christian's going rate, not THE going rate.

PapaBear
March 15th, 2020, 14:51
I agree with Arsenal. All the boys talk to each other and if you develop the reputation for being a cheap Charlie and a grinder, many boys will avoid you unless they are desperate. Adversely, if you are known as quite generous you will have the boys coming to you, including the really cute ones.

Just look at the beer bars in Jomtien. The farang with the Blend bottle going is surrounded by the boys and he could probably have the pick of them because they know he is generous. The farang sitting with a soda water for 2 hours doesn't have anyone around him because the boys know his best offer will probably be 500 baht. These boys are not stupid. After a short while they can easily read the punters.

My farang friends have easy times finding guys, including multiple returnees, because they regularly pay in the 1500 baht ($45-$50) range.

If you really want to become a star in Pattaya, pay 2000 baht. The boys will be chasing you down the street.

Zebedee
March 15th, 2020, 14:59
I agree with Arsenal. All the boys talk to each other and if you develop the reputation for being a cheap Charlie and a grinder, many boys will avoid you unless they are desperate. Adversely, if you are known as quite generous you will have the boys coming to you, including the really cute ones.

Just look at the beer bars in Jomtien. The farang with the Blend bottle going is surrounded by the boys and he could probably have the pick of them because they know he is generous. The farang sitting with a soda water for 2 hours doesn't have anyone around him because the boys know his best offer will probably be 500 baht. These boys are not stupid. After a short while they can easily read the punters.

My farang friends have easy times finding guys, including multiple returnees, because they regularly pay in the 1500 baht ($45-$50) range.

If you really want to become a star in Pattaya, pay 2000 baht. The boys will be chasing you down the street.

You just said practically the exact same thing I said on another thread less than a minute ago! Well nearly. LOL

"fine of 200'000 bath demanded by local police from a bar boy"

christianpfc
March 15th, 2020, 22:16
Every boy I had in Pattaya for 1000 THB wants to go with me again, and boys I didn't have (but probably recognize me, or their friends recognize me) want to go with me.

That made it easy for me to refuse the one request for 1500 THB (boy from Toy Boys on facebook), because I know a similar cute boy will come a long who will be happy with 1000 THB. I have my principles, and one of them that 1500 for ST is unreasonable in Pattaya.

As has been established in another thread recently, there is no correlation between money paid and quality of sexual service.

latintopxxx
March 16th, 2020, 00:52
christian even as a long time and might I say respected board member who has contributed substantially to the content on this board....take it from me...you are wasting your time with this argument...just roll over and play dead...

BOY69
March 16th, 2020, 02:11
Every boy I had in Pattaya for 1000 THB wants to go with me again, and boys I didn't have (but probably recognize me, or their friends recognize me) want to go with me.

That made it easy for me to refuse the one request for 1500 THB (boy from Toy Boys on facebook), because I know a similar cute boy will come a long who will be happy with 1000 THB. I have my principles, and one of them that 1500 for ST is unreasonable in Pattaya.

As has been established in another thread recently, there is no correlation between money paid and quality of sexual service.

On my recent trip last month all the boys in Pattaya qouted 1000 Bht with no exception on Grindr ,I usually gave them extra 100 Bht for taxi so I assume Christianpfc is correct currently 1000 Bht is the ongoing rate for ST at Pattaya.

arsenal
March 16th, 2020, 05:11
I don't use apps and 95 per cent of the boys I off are straight. If you can go to a bar and get your first choice straight boy to go with you and give you everything you want for 1000 baht then I'm in awe of your negotiating skills.

But personally I'm still happy to pay 13-1500 so I shall continue to do so.

Although who knows when that will be with things as they are.

michaelx1992
March 16th, 2020, 06:03
I always tell the boys that I will pay them between 1000 baht and 6 million baht.

I give them 1000 baht, a few extra hunderd baht if they performed well and a lottery ticket.
They are very happy with that, especially with the lottery ticket.

arsenal
March 16th, 2020, 09:55
It seems that members such as mick92, Zebs, Oli, g2, a47 and myself plus others manage to connect with the boys and love them to pieces whereas latin, boy69 and Christian engage in some sort of chess game regarding money. Take it from the first group...our way is better.

Love the idea of the lottery ticket.

BOY69
March 16th, 2020, 19:47
1000 Bht is the ongoing rate via the app's I know in the bars is about 1500 Bht and the star boys can demand more. If the boy and his client agree for a certain rate good for them every one is welcome to pay whatever he wants to the boys I just said that at my last trip on February I had LT Vietnamese boy for 4 nights and paid him 3000 BHT a day he was really a stunning boy after he went all the boys via Grindr qouted me 1000 Bht for ST so I assume this is the ongoing rate at the moment in Pattaya.

a447
March 16th, 2020, 20:27
I've always worked on the principle that both parties must feel like winners.

I also love the idea of the lottery ticket. Brilliant!

Oliver2
March 16th, 2020, 22:44
The problem for us- and it take it from me, it doesn't change if you are in a LTR- is that the Thai guys we love (or like) find it hard to understand how we can afford to pay 50000 bht for a return flight to Thailand and yet quibble over a 100 bht note or two that can make a big difference to them that day. The old adage "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" doesn't hold water when you've grown-up living from day to day....as most Thais do.

Zebedee
March 16th, 2020, 23:16
I've always worked on the principle that both parties must feel like winners.

I also love the idea of the lottery ticket. Brilliant!

Well put.
In my case when I off a guy its minimum 1500 for ST and 3000 for LT but he must spend the night with me in my hotel and leave in the morning. Sometimes I'll treat him to a meal depending on how i feel.
When Farang travel from overseas to Thailand there are a lot of costs involved, airfare ,accommodation,food etc. These costs cannot be negotiated down they must be paid. I believe many then try to reduce their costs by pressuring the "weakest link" i.e. the boys. The boys are the very reason we go to Pattaya, and yet they are the ones that get the least when delivering the most! For farang to then take advantage of this is pretty poor form in my opinion. If the boys' pay is in accordance with his looks or performance, then it follows the farang should be charged on his age, weight,hygiene ,and appearance, quid pro quo!
Imagine if the Farang tried those tactics in say Europe or the US,UK !!! They'd be lucky if they were not sliced up for insulting the rent boys, and they know that!

I would like to think most Farang treat the boys fairly, as they know the boys don't have an easy life and that line of work only lasts a few years, given they rely on their looks.

BOY69
March 16th, 2020, 23:17
The problem for us- and it take it from me, it doesn't change if you are in a LTR- is that the Thai guys we love (or like) find it hard to understand how we can afford to pay 50000 bht for a return flight to Thailand and yet quibble over a 100 bht note or two that can make a big difference to them that day. The old adage "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" doesn't hold water when you've grown-up living from day to day....as most Thais do.

Yes I agree even the boy asked 1000 Bht via Grindr I always give 100 to 500 Bht more depends on the boy performance most of the boys take motorcycle taxi to come and go it's about 100 Bht so extra 100 Bht is the minimum tip I give .The Vietnamese boy from BKK who agreed to stay with me 4 nights in Pattaya I gave extra one day fee as a tip.Unless the boy behaviour was really bad I always give more for me it's not much but for the boy every 100 Bht count we must not forget it.

siscu58
March 17th, 2020, 00:03

Christian, you are 39 years old, this is why you are allowed to pay a little less than we others, that are over 60.
The younger and cuter the customer, the lower the fee he pays. On the other hand, if you are old, fat and shabby you'll have to pay more.
Good luck GerBear, I am sure you will enjoy Thailand a lot.

michaelx1992
March 17th, 2020, 00:40
I'm 40 years old and my first visit to Pattaya was at the age of 29.
The money boys always quoted me the same price as the old, fat and shabby.

I don't think the fee is based on the looks of the customer... and that's probably a good thing :-)

Zebedee
March 17th, 2020, 01:44

Well dear oh dear, perhaps you should telephone Customer Service and complain or better still fire off an email to the HR department to let them know you are unhappy with the service and you expect better!
You arrogant [Deleted text].

Some text has been removed under rule 2.3.

Jellybean

BOY69
March 17th, 2020, 01:51
I'm 40 years old and my first visit to Pattaya was at the age of 29.
The money boys always quoted me the same price as the old, fat and shabby.

I don't think the fee is based on the looks of the customer... and that's probably a good thing :-)

Same with me I'm 50 years old and my first visit to Pattaya was at the age of 30 I never received a "discount" when I was younger .
Money boy will be always money boy and client is a client.

latintopxxx
March 17th, 2020, 06:33
zebedee...just because u disagree with christian doesnt mean u need to get low class...

dinagam
March 17th, 2020, 07:17
Latin, you're so reasonably clear...

Zebedee
March 17th, 2020, 09:20
True my language was uncalled for.
However it is infuriating to see people that are " privileged" by comparison to the underprivileged boys go on a public forum boasting how they squeezed some extra Baht from desperate people.

I have had enough,this is sickening I'm out. Bye.

PapaBear
March 17th, 2020, 15:17
I remember an utterly despicable, puss-faced, stuttering old cur called b-b-b-Bob who used to patrol the lanes of Sunee Plaza in the wee hours looking for malnourished, hungry street boys. He would brag that for the price of a bowl of noodles he could get the starving boys to give him a blow job. He'd say anyone who paid more than 100 baht for a blow job was stupid.

He was proud of his business prowess.

catawampuscat
March 17th, 2020, 18:09
I remember an utterly despicable, puss-faced, stuttering old cur called b-b-b-Bob who used to patrol the lanes of Sunee Plaza in the wee hours looking for malnourished, hungry street boys. He would brag that for the price of a bowl of noodles he could get the starving boys to give him a blow job. He'd say anyone who paid more than 100 baht for a blow job was stupid.

He was proud of his business prowess.

He might have been the farang nicknamed Bob the Slob. His clothes were usually stained and he was rather crude.

christianpfc
March 18th, 2020, 22:00
However it is infuriating to see people that are " privileged" by comparison to the underprivileged boys go on a public forum boasting how they squeezed some extra Baht from desperate people.
I assume this is directed at me. You are wrong on all accounts. I'm not boasting how much/little I pay. I'm not squeezing*. They are not desperate (I have seen boys squander money many times - they are not desperate, they are poor in managing money!

The problem is not how much they earn, but how much and for what they spend their money. Give a Thai boy 1000 THB and he will spend 1000 THB, give him 1500 and he will spend 1500, give him 2000 and he will spend 2000. I can't influence how they spend the money, but I can make sure it's not my money they are squandering.**

All I wanted to say that in the range 1000 - 2000THB for short time given in an another post is to be taken as (realistic) - (overly generous). Telling a first-timer to offer 1000 - 2000 THB for short time is misleading.

*Well, sometimes, rarely, for research purposes, if a boy messages me repeatedly and I had him before and was not fully happy, I get him down to 500 THB because first encounter was 1000 THB and was not worth 1000 THB.

**In most cases. A boy who went with me for free several times recently asked for 1200 THB. I didn't question what he needs the money for, and a day later he told me went to Mahanakorn. That's not what I would call an urgency or a necessity. But he is such a lovely person, even if he had told me he wants to go to Mahanakorn, I would have given him the money.

BOY69
March 18th, 2020, 22:31
I assume this is directed at me. You are wrong on all accounts. I'm not boasting how much/little I pay. I'm not squeezing*. They are not desperate (I have seen boys squander money many times - they are not desperate, they are poor in managing money!

The problem is not how much they earn, but how much and for what they spend their money. Give a Thai boy 1000 THB and he will spend 1000 THB, give him 1500 and he will spend 1500, give him 2000 and he will spend 2000. I can't influence how they spend the money, but I can make sure it's not my money they are squandering.**

All I wanted to say that in the range 1000 - 2000THB for short time given in an another post is to be taken as (realistic) - (overly generous). Telling a first-timer to offer 1000 - 2000 THB for short time is misleading.

*Well, sometimes, rarely, for research purposes, if a boy messages me repeatedly and I had him before and was not fully happy, I get him down to 500 THB because first encounter was 1000 THB and was not worth 1000 THB.

**In most cases. A boy who went with me for free several times recently asked for 1200 THB. I didn't question what he needs the money for, and a day later he told me went to Mahanakorn. That's not what I would call an urgency or a necessity. But he is such a lovely person, even if he had told me he wants to go to Mahanakorn, I would have given him the money.

At least the boy told you the truth that he needs the money to visit Mahanakorn and didn't tell some false tragic story.
Yes I agree with you I am always amazed how quickly the boys can spend their money on nuncense things .easy come easy go...

Oliver2
March 18th, 2020, 22:38
If Christian were to make a few substitutions to the clumsy language he uses, he may understand why some find it offensive.

For example, instead of "a Thai boy", try "a Jewish boy" or "a black boy" or "a gay boy", or even "a European boy" . Even those of us who've been travelling to Thailand for decades, or even living there, should hesitate to draw such conclusions from the relatively small number of guys we have met.

latintopxxx
March 19th, 2020, 02:23
stop being silly oliver...u r deliberately being pedantic...just about everyone here says "boy"...its gayspeak...admittedly often I feel uncomfortable and substitute MB or guy as the word boy to the untrained or unaware conjures pedo connotations...u r using the age old trick..if u cant rebut the message u attack the messenger...
Have u ever wondered why the Chinese Thai rule the place???and when I say rule I mean financially...

Captain Swing
March 19th, 2020, 02:40
I respect Christian, and understand the argument he's making, but I disagree with him. If you regard your interaction with the boy as a business transaction it's none of your fucking business what he does with the money. It's worse than patronizing to say you're going to lowball him because he doesn't know how to manage money and will only spend it on things you don't think are worthwhile. That's simply a rationalization, one of many that people come up with to justify their stinginess, almost on a par with the argument that he should accept less because you spent so much to get to Thailand.

BOY69
March 19th, 2020, 03:03
Yes I agree with Captain Swing . many boys don't know how to handle their money and spend it like there's no tomorrow I saw it many times but that shouldn't affect us how much we pay to a boy, what he's doing with his money is certainly none of our business.

gerefan2
March 19th, 2020, 06:57
I

*Well, sometimes, rarely, for research purposes, if a boy messages me repeatedly and I had him before and was not fully happy, I get him down to 500 THB because first encounter was 1000 THB and was not worth 1000 THB..

I disagree with that I’m afraid.

You cannot give a boy less money than last time, without offending him. How would you feel if happened to you?

If you were dissatisfied with him first time round then simply do not take him again.

No research necessary. Even if the “research” is to see if he has improved.

michaelx1992
March 19th, 2020, 07:19
It's outrageous. Those guys only spend my money to buy booze and party!
Oh wait .. that's what I would have done with that money if I didn't spend it on a MB..

all jokes aside, don't forget those boys are in their (early) twenties. I remember well that I was not so good at managing money at the time.

latintopxxx
March 19th, 2020, 09:37
u guys r all sooo clever...I think I'll use the same argument with my boss (well customers) and tell them I need an increase..... even though competition is fierce and corona has just about dried up my contracts for the next 3 months.... because its none of their business what I do with my earnings

dinagam
March 19th, 2020, 10:12
Well said Latin, honestly...

annualguy
March 19th, 2020, 10:55
Gerbear, as far as being worried about getting yourself in a bad situation, but not being comfortable in bar situations - One of the things I learned in these Forums is that the bars provide a layer of security. The boys are an extension of the bar in that sense. And keep an open mind about the bars. If you don't drink, it's not a problem. Also, you will be treated as a regular on literally your second visit. Many of the Pattaya and Chiang Mai bars are really outside patios. And the showbars in all three cities on your itinerary are a fun way for a solo traveler to socialize and see entertainment, while knowing that any handsome lad you exchange glances with could be your next dream-come-true. I can't advise on choosing moneyboys from the apps, because I use the apps for non-money hook-ups, and the boy bars for 'pay to play'. BTW, I am your age and have no problem hooking up with younger guys on the apps. A final suggestion - you say you wish there was another way to meet guys there. There definitely is - the massage venues! Imagine 12 to 20 guys vying for your attention as you zero in on the cutie with the most tattoos and piercings, lol. You can even ask the Mamasan to ask the boys which one has mooks! Check out the pinned thread at the beginning of the Forum.

arsenal
March 19th, 2020, 10:55
Well under Christian's financial blitzkrieg anyone employing him can pay him less if they consider his hiring of MBs a frivolous waste of money.

Captain Swing
March 19th, 2020, 11:27
u guys r all sooo clever...I think I'll use the same argument with my boss (well customers) and tell them I need an increase..... even though competition is fierce and corona has just about dried up my contracts for the next 3 months.... because its none of their business what I do with my earnings

I think you're smart enough to know that that's an asinine analogy. A more accurate comparison would be your boss/customers telling you "We're going to pay you less than the going rate because we know you spend your money on whores and partying in Thailand." I think both they and you would agree that what you choose to spend your money on is irrelevant to your business relationship. If they choose to offer you less because of current circumstances, and you choose to accept, that's another story. But if you approach your dealings with the Thai boys with that attitude, that because "Times are tough, take it or leave it," then I really don't have anything else to say to you.

christianpfc
March 19th, 2020, 16:37
If Christian were to make a few substitutions to the clumsy language he uses, he may understand why some find it offensive.

For example, instead of "a Thai boy", try "a Jewish boy" or "a black boy" or "a gay boy", or even "a European boy" . Even those of us who've been travelling to Thailand for decades, or even living there, should hesitate to draw such conclusions from the relatively small number of guys we have met.
My generalization is based on interaction with hundreds of Thai boys, often in Thai language. I will say it again: those who come here and interact only with English speaking Thais have a positive selection and don't see the full picture.

I respect Christian, and understand the argument he's making, but I disagree with him. If you regard your interaction with the boy as a business transaction it's none of your fucking business what he does with the money.

A civilized argument, thank you! You are right, how he spends the money is none of my business.

But if he messages me asking for money for food or rent I feel entitled to ask: I gave you 1000 THB last week, have spent all of it already? (Joking)

You cannot give a boy less money than last time, without offending him. How would you feel if happened to you?
If you were dissatisfied with him first time round then simply do not take him again.

Most of the time, everyone gets the same which is 1000 THB short time in Pattaya. Those who perform well get repeat custom, those who don't, don't.

To be honest, it's not my style to haggle but sometimes I do it for research purposes (if a short time can be had for 500, and the answer is yes).

That has happened once, with a gap of 5 years, 1000 for ST in 2014 and 500 for ST in 2019, I wonder if the boy remembers.

Those who don't speak English, or who work a regular job, I might start negotiations with 500.

But full time money boys get 1000. About 9 out of 10 encounters in Pattaya, I tip 1000.

latintopxxx
March 20th, 2020, 02:52
very good rebuttal christian...obviously you were a leading member of the debating team at high school...

Oliver2
March 20th, 2020, 15:37
There is no justification for racial stereotyping. Not including P, there are four Thai guys whom I've known for twelve years plus, all of whom I met when I was a regular on the commercial scene. Only one of them fits Christian's "Thai money-boy" stereotype.

GerBear1958
April 7th, 2020, 21:53
Thank you annualguy. I appreciate your information, and promise to have an open mind to the bars, and massages! Hoping tis world crisis is over before January.

Manforallseasons
April 7th, 2020, 22:58
Thank you annualguy. I appreciate your information, and promise to have an open mind to the bars, and massages! Hoping tis world crisis is over before January.

The question should be what will be left after the storm is over. How many venues will be gone?

Mancs
April 14th, 2020, 17:19
I spend a lot more time in Bangkok so it's there that 1000 bt doesn't get me far on the apps. I appreciate prices in Pattaya are lower. And I'm a lot older than Christian.

christianpfc
April 16th, 2020, 00:21
Age is not important.

My advantage is rather that I spend most of the year in Thailand: I can wait. And I had cases where it took several attempts to get a boy, either because he didn't agree to my price on first negotiation, or cancellation, or no-show. For a tourist, that would be a huge waste of time.

Nirish guy
April 16th, 2020, 01:08
I had cases where it took several attempts to get a boy, either because he didn't agree to my price on first negotiation, or .....etc .

So, serious question Christian - so if after the boy turned you down on several occasions due to your low offer of recompense etc, out of interest on the say 4th or 5th time then when you DID get with him did you feel that he was really putting his heart into it just as much as if you had paid him slightly more at the start or was he perhaps only as putting in the effort that he felt reflected in the pay rate perhaps ?

latintopxxx
April 16th, 2020, 05:40
...dont be silly...same mb would drop his price to the the cost of a cheap street food meal...streets are deserted..its all about supply and demand...

latintopxxx
April 16th, 2020, 05:42
....and before the haters climb onto the bandwagon...he doesnt have to be a mb ...he can retrain ...follow the market...afterasll how many of us have stayed in the same role professionally speaking since high school...I've had at least 4 reincarnations....if selling your butt doesnt work then he's gotta have a rethink...

Oliver2
April 16th, 2020, 14:08
I'm always amused by the willingness of some privileged tourists, who have never had to worry about where their next meal comes from, to air such profoundly unrealistic advice to people about whom they know next to nothing. Still, such behaviour is "the white man's burden", isn't it. And our colonial history proves just how grateful our lesser brethren are to receive it.

a447
April 16th, 2020, 15:05
....if selling your butt doesnt work then he's gotta have a rethink...

A rethink, along with adequate training opportunities and a job to go to after the training course has been completed.

A big ask in Thailand, especially now.

latintopxxx
April 16th, 2020, 15:43
sweetness...i had to upsticks and move 3 times...each time to a different continent...,to better myself...and my parents didnt even finish high school...and i still consider myself extremely fortunate ...funny...the harder you work the luckier you get...funny that...

arsenal
April 16th, 2020, 16:25
"..i had to upsticks and move 3 times...each time to a different continent..."

Witness protection?

Nirish guy
April 16th, 2020, 17:14
....i had to upsticks and move 3 times....to better myself..

Sorry that so obviously didn't work out for you ...... :-p

a447
April 16th, 2020, 17:19
...i had to upsticks and move 3 times...each time to a different continent...

The guys you are talking about often can hardly afford to travel back home to the countryside, let alone travel internationally.

You were indeed "fortunate".

Oliver2
April 16th, 2020, 21:26
I'm going to hazard a guess...I know it's a long-shot but I feel brave today....is it just possible that Latin is a white guy? Not for the first time his astonishing lack of empathy for others reminds me of a certain US President.

sglad
April 17th, 2020, 02:05
"..i had to upsticks and move 3 times...each time to a different continent..."

Witness protection?

No, forced social distancing by the locals.

sglad
April 17th, 2020, 02:08
The guys you are talking about often can hardly afford to travel back home to the countryside, let alone travel internationally.

You were indeed "fortunate".

True, but some can take time off from their regular "resort hotel jobs" whenever their farang sugar daddies are in town. I guess they are "fortunate" too.

latintopxxx
April 17th, 2020, 14:26
oliver...u clearly dont know the real world...so u think one has to be a WASP to have centre right views...really...have u been to india and seen how the ruling castes treat the untouchables...makes orange buffoon look like Mother Teresa of Calcutta...I simply subscribe to the theory that its best to teach a man to fish...

christianpfc
April 18th, 2020, 02:33
So, serious question Christian - so if after the boy turned you down on several occasions due to your low offer of recompense etc, out of interest on the say 4th or 5th time then when you DID get with him did you feel that he was really putting his heart into it just as much as if you had paid him slightly more at the start or was he perhaps only as putting in the effort that he felt reflected in the pay rate perhaps ?
I'm talking about boys who are not in the scene and who have an income from regular work and do not speak English. I offer 500 THB for wanking, and if the boy wants more I say "cannot" and try again another time (I had requests of 3000 THB several times - I have no idea where they get that number from). From several such cases, when I finally got them in the end, I can say the sex was something to forget and the 500 THB and all other expenses and all the time I put in was wasted. That is because the boy is disgusted and wants to get through with it with as little effort as possible (sometimes not even undressing to fully nude) and as quickly as possible. Offering more money wouldn't change that. You could argue that offering 1000 would cut the chase shorter and save me time. Anyway, I think 500 THB is fair in such cases (which is confirmed by many boys who want to meet me again for 500, some even chasing after me and I have to fend them off with a stick). I have largely given up chasing after such boys. The problem is not the money, but that the boy's and my idea of gay for pay are fundamentally, irreconcilable, different.

Another case is boys who are gay or gay for pay but have communication problems or are unreliable, sensory overloaded, fickle or whatever you want to call it. I have a friend (stays in Thailand long time, speaks Thai) who blocks such cases after one failed attempt to meet. But I am more patient. I'm chatting with a boy with the intention to meet, and suddenly he goes offline. Or we have a date and no-show. I just (end of March) had such a case, and when we finally met he was a real gem! Worth going through a few no-show and other problems (not this one, but as a sum of several such boys).

latintopxxx
April 18th, 2020, 04:09
christian obviously enjoys the chase...

arsenal
April 18th, 2020, 09:18
Christian wrote.
"Offering more money wouldn't change that."

Absolutely correct.
I wanted dinner at The Banyan Tree for 500 baht. They said no. Offering more money wouldn't change that.

I wanted a business class ticket from Bangkok to London for 500 baht. They said no. Offering more money wouldn't change that.

I wanted tickets to The Rolling Stones for 500 baht. They said no. Offering more money wouldn't change that.

I wanted a Porsche Boxter for 500 baht. They said no. Offering more money wouldn't change that.

This idea that more money will buy you better service is something that must be resisted at all costs.

I wanted a straight boy to kiss me, suck me, shower me, caress me, dry me, talk with me, laugh with me, ride the bike with me for 1500 baht He said yes.

It seems that perhaps offering more money to money boys does indeed buy you better service. Unbelievable.

latintopxxx
April 18th, 2020, 15:52
...arsenal may just have a point...lol

christianpfc
April 19th, 2020, 00:48
I wanted a straight boy to kiss me, suck me, shower me, caress me, dry me, talk with me, laugh with me, ride the bike with me for 1500 baht He said yes.

It seems that perhaps offering more money to money boys does indeed buy you better service. Unbelievable.
It has been a long time that I offered 1500 THB (2013; the boy declined because it was too far for him from Surawong to lower Sukhumvit!), and it will probably never happen again.

But it has been established elsewhere on this forum (i.e. I and a few other respected members were of this opinion) that there is no correlation between money paid and service received. I had great sex for 500 THB and poor sex for 1000 THB.

I stand by my original statement: offering more money would cut the chase short and waste less of my time, but not give me a better experience in bed.

goji
April 19th, 2020, 01:03
I wanted a Porsche Boxter for 500 baht. They said no. Offering more money wouldn't change that.

Your analogy isn't using appropriate pricing.

Let's assume the right price for a good 5 year old Boxster is 1 million baht.

If somebody tries to sell you a good 5 year old Boxster for 3 million baht, you are really not going to enjoy the ride any more than if you pay 1 million baht.

It's the same on Grindr. If the boy asks for 3000 baht, he's unlikely to be any better in bed than the guy asking for 1000 baht.
Actually, in my experience, there's negative correlation between price and service. Anyone who starts by asking for an abnormally high tip is less likely to perform in bed.
Also, if I ask a questions like "What do you do in Bed?", "Are you top or bottom?" and the reply is "3000 baht", then it's even more likely to be a disaster.

Of course, I'm also not trying to squeeze every last baht out of the deal.
The guys who do ask for 1000 baht leave with a tad more than that if they have provided any reasonable level of service.

A reasonable level of service is provided by almost all of them, if the right questions are asked during the audition & filtering process.

BOY69
April 19th, 2020, 06:14
In my experience, there's no correlation between price and service at all , It's really depends on the boy who you are dealing with but what can be surely said is that I had much better service from boys who are genuine gay or at least bi-sexual .

arsenal
April 19th, 2020, 08:41
As I have said before. I am awestruck by your negotiating skills in getting your first choice boy to go with you at your convenience for 500 - 1000 baht.

christianpfc
April 21st, 2020, 01:06
As I have said before. I am awestruck by your negotiating skills in getting your first choice boy to go with you at your convenience for 500 - 1000 baht.
I'm not getting my first choice boy to go with me at my convenience. I'm losing out the one or other (very cute from Toy Boys who wanted 1500 and did not accept 1000). I'm trying to minimize my expenses at the cost of losing the one or other boy.

You are trying to maximize your fun at the expense of spending more money than necessary.

For a tourist, I would recommend doing as you (arsenal) do, not as I do.

sglad
April 22nd, 2020, 01:08

Wow, that sounds like a good deal! Throw in another 100Bt and he might even diaper you.

latintopxxx
April 22nd, 2020, 03:12
kinky bastard...and here I thought only scotty was into that sort of thing

gaysian4u
May 1st, 2020, 01:31
We'll be visiting Thailand on October 2021 and would like to ask a couple of places to go to in Thailand. We've been hooked on the BL series for quite some time so we'd love to visit a few places related to the series:)) Also, could you suggest the best [Deleted link] cruising spots there, too? Just wanted to have a little sideline while we're there.

The above link has been removed per Rule 3.2.3 (5). An unexpurgated copy of this post can be found in the members’ only Holding Room by clicking on the following link:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21400-Re-First-time-traveler-to-Thailand

Jellybean

christianpfc
May 2nd, 2020, 22:06
What is BL series?

Cruising as in outdoor, park, public toilets? It's all gone.

arsenal
May 2nd, 2020, 23:54
October 2021. Just 17 short months away. You must be excited.

Nirish guy
May 3rd, 2020, 02:22
We'll be visiting Thailand on October 2021 ....................

The above link has been removed per Rule 3.2.3 (5)
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Jellybean

How dare they - I mean if they're going to try and sneak an advert in for an Asian porn site when it's THIS board they're trying that on they should at least try to make sure the porn site is of a reasonably high standard with quality porn if nothing else, very lack of them. If it were a school report they'd be getting a D and a "must try harder!" lol

maump
January 29th, 2022, 05:00
What is BL series?

It refers to "Boy Love" television series. Series involving seemingly straight men who fall in love and have gay relationships. I'm sure you have seen how popular they are in Thailand and all over free Asia. Now starting to infect the US. I have watched a few.

I just finished watching "Bad Buddies the series" on YouTube. I can recommend it if you want to watch an pretty good example.