PDA

View Full Version : BBB Disco, the first victim of Corona?

gerefan2
February 23rd, 2020, 22:40
Looks like BBB Disco/Music has closed . Pics taken at 11 pm Sunday.

Usually getting geared up with food for the workers at this time of evening.

Word across the street was “China not come”

latintopxxx
February 24th, 2020, 00:41
all their eggs in one basket....

colmx
February 24th, 2020, 03:02
. Pics taken at 11 pm Sunday.

Don't they normally not open until midnight anyway?

gerefan2
February 24th, 2020, 03:20
They get ready much earlier than midnight and have a free food spread for the boys from about 9 on. Saw no sign of any activity at all, and the waiter opposite confirmed closed.
I suspect they are combining operations at BBB but didn’t stay long enough to confirm.

Nirish guy
February 24th, 2020, 04:20
One of many going to wall it seems due to a lack of Chinese Tourists.... :-(

"With the city’s main sources of tourists dried up, “for sale” signs are becoming as common as happy hour placards in Pattaya"

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/for-sale-signs-pop-up-as-happy-hour-ends-in-pattaya-288946

gerefan2
February 24th, 2020, 05:09
[COLOR=#111111][FONT="]"With the city’s main sources of tourists dried up, “for sale” signs are becoming as common as happy hour placards in Pattaya"
][/QUOTE]

As common as happy endings...more like!

dab69
February 24th, 2020, 06:49
Maybe safe to get a room there again without thumping bass beats until 3am?

actually was in the hotel 3am last summer and surprised at two stacks of 1000 + 500bT bills on the counter at reception.
Both stacks of bills at least two inches tall.

pong
February 24th, 2020, 18:14
Happy country where people can just have that on the desk-or often see it on the street from who-ever with also a think wad of grey 1000s. Or tiny old ladies, so tiny and weak one seems to be able to blow them apart, holding stacks of full lotteree-ticket-books, alltogether also worth a few 10.000s
But lo and behold if anyone would just try to stick out a sneeky finger to grab a little of it! In less as 1 moment a whole group of eager to beat the miscreature will jump alive on it.
Barely on the same subject: a msg shop (normal) who mainly had touristy chinese as customers saw days of noone entering. In the desperation the boss allowed the masseuses to do it for free and rely on tips from anyone who cared for and passed by.

gerefan2
February 24th, 2020, 23:57
Mr Pong I think your language is not English but that last post is incomprehensible to me. Sorry.

Captain Swing
February 25th, 2020, 05:30
Mr Pong I think your language is not English but that last post is incomprehensible to me. Sorry.

Aww, it's not that hard:
What a happy country, where people can openly have stacks of cash on their desks! I often also see it on the street-- people holding thick stacks of grey 1000-baht bills, and sometimes little old ladies, so tiny and weak it seems one could easily blow them away, holding full books of lottery tickets, worth tens of thousands of baht. But should someone sneak out their hand to try and grab a little bit, they would in less than a minute find a crowd eagerly jumping in to stop the potential thief in his attempt.
On the same subject, barely, a legitimate massage shop, heavily reliant on Chinese tourists, went for days with no customers. In desperation, the boss had his staff give massages for free to any interested passerby, relying only on tips.

Am I close, Mr.Pong? (To be honest, I don't quite see how the second paragraph is on the same subject as the first).

Zebedee
February 25th, 2020, 08:11
Pong I always read your posts, yes sometimes I struggle to understand but with effort I get there. I admire your determination and hope you continue to post.

gerefan2,I'm not have a shot at you in fact i understand your frustration.

BOY69
February 25th, 2020, 21:07
Just left Pattaya and can confirm BBB disco is closed. I don't think someone will miss this venue .

dab69
February 27th, 2020, 07:28
Have an old friend who worked there.
He will probably miss the money.

petr55
March 8th, 2020, 21:33
Just left Pattaya and can confirm BBB disco is closed. I don't think someone will miss this venue .

Haven't been to Pattaya in a couple of years. Mostly in Bangkok whenever I am in THairland.

Is BBB Disco a gogobar or just a renaming of the BoysBoysBoys gogobar?

Thanks

gerefan2
March 8th, 2020, 22:21
BBB Disco WAS a show bar with offable boys. It was not a Gogo bar and a different place to BBB although the same owners. It WAS almost opposite BBB.
Closed because of he virus. Jury out as to whether it reopens.

aot871
March 8th, 2020, 22:27
BBB Disco WAS a show bar with offable boys. It was not a Gogo bar and a different place to BBB although the same owners. It WAS almost opposite BBB.
Closed because of he virus. Jury out as to whether it reopens.

only closed because most of their business was the asian market , ,,, most of the drink prices were too high for farang

Patanawet
March 9th, 2020, 01:36
Haven't been to Pattaya in a couple of years. Mostly in Bangkok whenever I am in THairland.

Is BBB Disco a gogobar or just a renaming of the BoysBoysBoys gogobar?

Thanks

Wasn't BBB for about a hundred years "Cafe Royale"?

BOY69
March 9th, 2020, 03:10
Wasn't BBB for about a hundred years "Cafe Royale"?

Yes.

Oliver2
March 9th, 2020, 15:37
Having been expelled from Boyztown by the insufferable noise at BBB only a year ago, my thoughts turn to my old friends at Ambiance who must have lost a lot of custom due to other guests who felt like P and me giving-up. I doubt whether many of us will return.

dab69
March 11th, 2020, 06:46
Tried earlier today to make a reservation at LCR hotel via Agoda before I found out about USA quarantine on reentry.
Seems LCR Hotel is closed also?

BOY69
March 11th, 2020, 23:06
LCR hotel is closed as far as I know but you can book through the nearby hotels Ambiance or Copa.

BOY69
March 11th, 2020, 23:41
Deleted