PDA

View Full Version : Phnom Penh

karius
February 10th, 2020, 23:25
I am planning a trip to Phnom Penh. Does anyone have any info/advice about where to stay and where to find gay nightlife?

goji
February 11th, 2020, 08:33
1 Find a hotel on Booking.com, with reasonable customer reviews. Something like the Silver River Hotel and other nearby places has been a convenient location for me.

2 Google found the bars. Toolbox was the best on my last visit. Hopefully it's still open.

3 Also check out the saunas

a447
February 11th, 2020, 14:22
Check out Arthur and Paul hotel.

It has a beautiful pool area plus a sauna/darkroom. Local lads turn up in the afternoon looking for action.

pong
February 12th, 2020, 06:43
best uptodate, as far as that is possible, info on gay places: travelgay.com, then asia, Camb etc.
Also perhaps look into the blog of christianpfc.blogspot.com, though i kind a remember his last visit with ample reviews is already a yr or 2 old.
A&P is quite far out of centre town and there is not really that much else to do around. decide if you want to immerse in that or also see as a normal tourist a bit more of it all.
Same Q posted under another name on the other forum.

Moses
February 12th, 2020, 12:01
>>>Toolbox was the best on my last visit. Hopefully it's still open.
Yes, it is in business

PapaBear
February 12th, 2020, 16:27
Some very popular hotels among the gay crowd include OK Boutique Hotel (close to Blue Chili and Toolbox) and Sun/Moon Hotel (situated beside Space Hair Bar and POC Bar). A little further away is Rambutan (gay-owned and gay-friendly) and, beside it, Arthur and Paul, which is male-exclusive. A &P also has a sauna, steam and clothing-optional swimming pool which is quite popular in the early evenings.

PapaBear
February 12th, 2020, 18:22
There are four gay bars and 1 gay disco in Phnom Penh:
1. Blue Chili which has been around for 13 years and features a drag queen show on the weekends;
2. Space Hair which is popular for those who like their beef cakie;
3. POC Bar which also has a drag show most nights
4. Toolbox, the newest bar, which holds a boy dance show and sometimes a "sexy show" featuring all the staff.

Heart of Darkness is the place to go on Friday and Saturday night after midnight. The club has a drag show at 12:30 then turns into a disco catering to a mostly gay clientele.