PDA

View Full Version : BBK finger print checks

aot871
February 5th, 2020, 18:59
Are the thais still carrying out finger print checks at bkk when entering or leaving

Jellybean
February 5th, 2020, 19:26
The answer to your question, aot871, is yes.

When I arrived in Thailand two weeks ago at Suvarnabhumi Airport, having been away for 21 months, my finger prints were taken for the first time. The machine was a rather neat piece of kit, which I had not seen before. The whole process of having my passport and visa examined, photo and finger prints taken, took no more than two to three minutes.

Chuai-Duai
February 5th, 2020, 22:48
There are comments appearing on the web that people should carry antiseptic wipes to clean the fingerprint screen as they are not cleaned between passengers using them. When I arrived at the beginning of last December, before the Coronavirus scare, they were using the screens but it failed to work for me and the guy just waved me through. I saw other people not getting their prints recorded so I'm not sure how useful the system is.

Zebedee
February 6th, 2020, 00:18
Don't forget, if they take your fingerprints on entering Thailand, you have to get them back when you leave...very important.
Just ask at immigration they'll understand.

pong
February 6th, 2020, 13:32
As so many a bit more sensible people have remarked, doorknobs, WC-taps, rails of excalators etc are just as prone.
THis time I was even directed to the old age lane (also for families with too many small kids-2 of those were before me) though I do not strictly qualify for that yet, and as it was not 1st time, it was enough that just the fingers and not the thumbs were needed. I have a brand new EU passpt with all that also stocked inside in some magical chip, so they can check thats indeed me. I think MY=Malaysia already swapped over to this a few yrs ago. Nonetheless they also still make a foto of you, perhaps they stock that to make studies of aging people-how they change through the yrs.

bkkguy
February 6th, 2020, 19:01
Nonetheless they also still make a foto of you, perhaps they stock that to make studies of aging people-how they change through the yrs.

perhaps they use it to match you up with your online facebook etc profile - a la Clearview AI - to see what you are really up to!