PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai cruising park ?

bonya
February 3rd, 2020, 11:52
Hello, I found out, in Cruisinggays . com , information about Rukhachart Park but I can't find it on any map ... any informations or maybe other outside places for cruising ? Thanks

christianpfc
February 3rd, 2020, 15:51
Back-translating and google gives สวนรุก​ข​ชาติ​ห้ ย​แก้ว​ เชียงใหม่ Huai Kaew Arboretum.
(edit: one wo waen letter is missing in Thai text).
And there is indeed an Huai Kaew Arboretum near the Zoo.
I have no idea if there is any gay activity.

christianpfc
February 3rd, 2020, 16:29
Back-translating and google gives สวนรุก​ข​ชาติ​ห้ (wo waen) ย​แก้ว​ เชียงใหม่ Huai Kaew Arboretum.
edit: everything after the second second wo waen is cut off unless I replace it by "wo waen"
And there is indeed an Huai Kaew Arboretum near the Zoo.
I have no idea if there is any gay activity.

pong
February 4th, 2020, 11:15
Many of those sites -as many www do untill corrected- simply keep on posting till the site itself disappears. Ive seen listings that still show places that have closed 6-8 yrs ago (BKK-even those aimed at gay markets). Try to find out if there is any date attached to it or perhaps if its forum when the last reply was. Next best-wait i any of the ChMai regulars come back here agian-they are the goldmines of info, but dont seem to post that often anymore. Finally there is a dedicated site on gay matters for ChMai that is fairly regularly updated-google for it and see what that lists. I suspect its by now also all app.
There used to be-very long ago-also a MB scene along the east side of the canal near the citygates/moat to ThaPae rd.-also completely disappeared.

goji
February 4th, 2020, 12:02
I thought the apps had killed most cruising long ago

mr giggles
February 4th, 2020, 14:17
I thought the apps had killed most cruising long ago

Pretty much, except some people enjoy the hunt.

arsenal
February 4th, 2020, 15:12
Goji wrote.
"I thought the apps had killed most cruising long ago"

The apps have killed everything. Bars, restaurants, shops, travel agents, privacy, the beach, saunas, dark rooms, gay specific places and koalas.

TyGrrr
February 5th, 2020, 15:37
Hello, I found out, in Cruisinggays . com , information about Rukhachart Park but I can't find it on any map ... any informations or maybe other outside places for cruising ? Thanks

The park described in CruisingGays.com is actually Huay Kaew Arboretum. It is the only park that is near to Chiang Mai Zoo (in fact next door to it) which is is how the location is described in their listing. According to locals it used to be very active after dark but not so much anymore.

Nonetheless stuff still goes on there I found out :) It is actually sort of a fitness park and I was there running one afternoon. I ran until after sunset and was sitting ont he park bench afterwards just cooling down. Everyone else had left the park except this one guy who came and sat next to me. He didn't say anything but after a few minutes he had the back of his hand pressed up against the side of my thigh and it was kind of obvious what was on his mind LOL!

I was wearing really short racing shorts and I spread my legs to encourage him, and the next thing I knew, his hand was cupped under the crotch of my briefs. Fact is, I never had anything like that happen before. It was pretty erotic to have a guy feeling me up like that but that's all that happened. I was pretty nervous LOL. But yeah, it happens but I'd say your chances are pretty hit-or-miss.

Jellybean
February 5th, 2020, 20:08
Welcome to the forum, TyGrrr. :)

pong
February 6th, 2020, 13:39
So I took a look at this site and as for BKK-what I know best, its again one of those living memories from history. They still list places that have closed a good 8 yrs ago! I estimate at least half of the places mentioned are closed or gone out of action. So it may give a nice trip along memory lane for those who like that so much-there have been numerous postings on it lately. Most such sites on www left unattended simply also vanish after a yr or 2 when the contract ends, but this one seems mostly for US and has no clue about the faraway lands.

TyGrrr
February 6th, 2020, 19:37
So I took a look at this site and as for BKK-what I know best, its again one of those living memories from history. They still list places that have closed a good 8 yrs ago! I estimate at least half of the places mentioned are closed or gone out of action. So it may give a nice trip along memory lane for those who like that so much-there have been numerous postings on it lately. Most such sites on www left unattended simply also vanish after a yr or 2 when the contract ends, but this one seems mostly for US and has no clue about the faraway lands.

I am guessing you are correct. I suppose the reason that "cruising is not so popular as it once was is due to STD's, and, as others have said apps like ROmeo and Grindr.

I would never have risky sex with a stranger even with protection but I have to say the experience I had that night in the park was incredibly exciting. It wasn't so much about actual sex as it was about the anticipation of it as I sat there next to a total stranger in the dark silence with nobody else around, as I felt his hand slowly moving up and inside my thigh and then cupping his hand on the crotch of my underpants! Just the thought of a stranger with his hand on my underpants like that had heart beating so hard I was practically panting as he began to feel me up LOL!

I've gone back there after dark several times hoping it would happen again, but not a soul in sight. Oh well :(

goji
February 6th, 2020, 20:43
I am guessing you are correct. I suppose the reason that "cruising is not so popular as it once was is due to STD's, and, as others have said apps like ROmeo and Grindr.

All of the STDs never stopped cruising 10 and 20 years ago. The apps seem to be responsible.

TyGrrr
February 6th, 2020, 22:20
All of the STDs never stopped cruising 10 and 20 years ago. The apps seem to be responsible.

Whatever the real reason, it's a shame it seems to have died out. I love that feeling of nervous but erotic anticipation that comes with it.