PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever hear about this place in BKK la Vida Kika in Convent?

pong
January 30th, 2020, 15:01
Yesterday was just browsing etc. and went through some ´gay listings´-an awful lot of that and many really years old and never updated for TH or BKK. Some even manage to bring that old soi Hotmail/Twili is now closed, but did not seem able to discover its new location. Amazing and surprising also the chpice of socalled ´recommended gay-friendly hotels´, of course never under the 3000 bt mark (100US$) and none that old ´favourite´ the Tarntawan anymore.
But about this palce I have never heard, though I am not that much interested in that area around Silom;
la Vida Kika an open air place on Convent rd. (thats just off Silom) organises a sunday tea dance from 16-24 hrs. Aimed at our tribe, the gay people (I dont care much about all that other letters from the LBGTA or whatever it is today-katoeys are OK, but they have to keep distance).
Must be aiming the same groups as the Maggie Choo, as its also on sundays and even partly same times. Thai working professionals?
Another place listed that amazed me was WhisGar-a Whiskey+CIgars ´connoisseurs´ place on Asoke, near Terminan 21, not gay as such, but much welcoming them and probably ´gay owned´.

Patanawet
January 30th, 2020, 16:54
Confusing. Do you mean Kika restaurant on Convent (near to EatMe). This restaurant held Sunday gay nights but not in the open air. It closed down on New Year's Eve. I thought that it had a couple of branches elsewhere.

christianpfc
January 31st, 2020, 18:18
Never heard of the Kika.

There is a WhisGar-a Whiskey+Cigars somewhere on the river end of Silom or Surawong (near Jewelry Trade Center?), I once walked past.

poshglasgow
January 31st, 2020, 22:09
Yesterday was just browsing etc. and went through some ´gay listings´-an awful lot of that and many really years old and never updated for TH or BKK. Some even manage to bring that old soi Hotmail/Twili is now closed, but did not seem able to discover its new location. Amazing and surprising also the chpice of socalled ´recommended gay-friendly hotels´, of course never under the 3000 bt mark (100US$) and none that old ´favourite´ the Tarntawan anymore.
But about this palce I have never heard, though I am not that much interested in that area around Silom;
la Vida Kika an open air place on Convent rd. (thats just off Silom) organises a sunday tea dance from 16-24 hrs. Aimed at our tribe, the gay people (I dont care much about all that other letters from the LBGTA or whatever it is today-katoeys are OK, but they have to keep distance).
Must be aiming the same groups as the Maggie Choo, as its also on sundays and even partly same times. Thai working professionals?
Another place listed that amazed me was WhisGar-a Whiskey+CIgars ´connoisseurs´ place on Asoke, near Terminan 21, not gay as such, but much welcoming them and probably ´gay owned´.

When I read this I was reminded of the Long Yang Club in London in the eighties. That too was, I think I'm right in saying, was a Sunday afternoon event for South East Asians and their western admirers. Not sure if it's still there.