PDA

View Full Version : Gay Pattaya 1980 - 2020

Halcyon
January 26th, 2020, 19:31
I'm busy making a list of Gay Bars, Gay GoGo's, Gay Disco's that ever existed or still exist in Pattaya. I have now about 320 places/names but I have no information about where the following bars were (exact place please).
A Friend Club
Lion Bar
Nova Boys Club
Stary Night
T & M Club
Taboo
Connection
Smile Boys
XXX Club
Rob's Bar on Sunee Plaza
Dragon Hut on Sunee Plaza
Boy Zone GoGo on Sunee Plaza
Sawasdee Bar on Sunee Plaza (not New Sawasdee Bar
and what was the name of the bar in Soi 16 between Walking Street and 2nd Road

What I am looking for is probably to find in Spartacus Guides from 1982 - 1999, but I don't have those.
As soon as I have the answers to the above I will post the (in my opinion) complete list of gay bars/gogo's in Pattaya and that will be a list of around 333 bars/gogo's.

christianpfc
January 26th, 2020, 21:13
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your endeavor!

Enterprises change name or location so frequently, the only way for me to keep track is written notes and pictures. When you present your findings, I might be able to fill some gaps from memory and confirm by notes and pictures.

pong
January 26th, 2020, 21:59
Much good luck for that, quite an enterprise. I highly doubt for many you will come any further as ´on Sunee´ or ´in Jomtien komplek´, I think as such thats enough.
Got a place named Filou in it?
In some cities that are very pc and donate big sums to such institutions (lgbta or whatever it is now) there are even gay archives that collect and put on microfile or ´in the cloud´ nowadays, I am pretty sure they have all the various successive Spartacus and maybe even some other listings/guidebooks filed as such. I moved home last year and have thrown away a lot of that old stuff-also stacks of old Thai gay mags that had many advtising for such places. You should have been a few monthes earlier and got it donated. But home is not in TH. Wait-I still kept most of the old TMOT with listings (as so many said this would make good money by selling-I have not tried).
Also the boundary about what is supposed to be gay or not is often very very hazy.

colmx
January 26th, 2020, 23:27
This website may help you with some maps from the late 90s
http://thairainbowarchive.anu.edu.au/commercial_2000s/thai_guys/contents.htm
From my Memories:
Smile (smiling?) boys was on Soi 15 alley between Walking and 2nd road
I think the bar on Soi 16 was Muttleys, there was also Od's spot?
Could T&M club be T&T Club? If so it was on Sai 2 Soi 18, quite close to the current Pius place
Lion Bar was part of the "Amigo" complex in Sunee Plaza (now elephant hotel)
Boy Zone was on a street east of Sunee (same street as the Austrian Consulate), it later became Playboys
Robs bar was known as "Robs Time Bar" it was in one of the shop houses that become Ting Tong red

Do you have Mandate? It was a gogo bar on the ground floor of Center Condo!

Chuai-Duai
January 27th, 2020, 05:37
A Friend Club: Now Panorama in Boyztown but it was a Go Go Bar.
Taboo: Day-Night Plaza. South Pattaya Road then Soi 3 and then a small Soi off that.
T & M: Pattaya Land Soi 1 about where the now closed Kawaii Boys was.

Halcyon
January 27th, 2020, 09:44
Thanks all for your response: :))
I think these are for me the last to find. If I got the answers I post the list of about 340 Bars/GoGo's

Bar name ?? Between Walking Street Soi 16-Marina Hotel ( Arabic street) closed (not Muttley's)
Bar name ?? Thapraya Road (outside Complex) opened -closed 2019
Connection where? closed
Dragon Hut Sunee Plaza 1 where? closed
Nova Boys Club where? closed
Sawasdee Bar GoGo (not New Sawadee bar) Sunee Plaza 1 where? closed
Stary Night where? around 1985
XXX Club where? closed

Oliver2
January 27th, 2020, 12:56
I suggest you get hold of a copy of Michael Burchill's very readable account of the establishment of Boyztown. Its appendix contains a comprehensive list of establishments.

By the way, Mandate become My Life, Happyness (sic) and then Oscars. It was a beer bar with a small gogo bar upstairs. Staff wore extraordinary tartan shorts.

Halcyon
January 27th, 2020, 13:05
I suggest you get hold of a copy of Michael Burchill's very readable account of the establishment of Boyztown. Its appendix contains a comprehensive list of establishments.

By the way, Mandate become My Life, Happyness (sic) and then Oscars. It was a beer bar with a small gogo bar upstairs. Staff wore extraordinary tartan shorts.

I think I have all the bars/gogo's in Boyz Town even without the book that I couldn't get my hands on. Thanks anyway. Hope you know more about the bars that I don't know of :))

Chuai-Duai
January 27th, 2020, 16:04
Bar name ?? Between Walking Street Soi 16-Marina Hotel ( Arabic street) closed (not Muttley's)

I thought this might be Sky Boys but that was on the far side of 2nd Road.

Oliver2
January 27th, 2020, 16:52
Another thought....wasn't Boy Zone an outpost on Soi Day/Night rather than Sunee? There was also a massage parlour attached to the bar, if my recollection is correct.

Halcyon
January 27th, 2020, 17:50

I thought this might be Sky Boys but that was on the far side of 2nd Road.

Can you be more specific, please :) I never knew about Sky Boys

Halcyon
January 27th, 2020, 17:53
Another thought....wasn't Boy Zone an outpost on Soi Day/Night rather than Sunee? There was also a massage parlour attached to the bar, if my recollection is correct.
Sorry. I have no idea about that one being in Day/Night, but maybe someone else can conform any possibility ?

Halcyon
January 27th, 2020, 18:00
Much good luck for that, quite an enterprise. I highly doubt for many you will come any further as ´on Sunee´ or ´in Jomtien komplek´, I think as such thats enough.
Got a place named Filou in it?
In some cities that are very pc and donate big sums to such institutions (lgbta or whatever it is now) there are even gay archives that collect and put on microfile or ´in the cloud´ nowadays, I am pretty sure they have all the various successive Spartacus and maybe even some other listings/guidebooks filed as such. I moved home last year and have thrown away a lot of that old stuff-also stacks of old Thai gay mags that had many advtising for such places. You should have been a few monthes earlier and got it donated. But home is not in TH. Wait-I still kept most of the old TMOT with listings (as so many said this would make good money by selling-I have not tried).
Also the boundary about what is supposed to be gay or not is often very very hazy.

I got a lot further than BT, Complex and SP, but can't find the info from old Spartacus Guides or other old stuff. So if you,for now, can add only some info on the ones I'm looking for I would be grateful. When my total list comes you will be surprised as I was: 340 by now. :)) Thanks in advance

Oliver2
January 27th, 2020, 21:33
The bar I was thinking of in Soi Day/Night was probably Boy's Studio.

Chuai-Duai
January 27th, 2020, 23:13
Can you be more specific, please :) I never knew about Sky Boys

“SKY BAR, Thanon Tapphraya, roof of Mr Mac’s”

Quote from “The Men of Thailand” 1993.

Later known as “New Sky Bar”.

Marsilius
January 27th, 2020, 23:13
Boys' Studio - one of the greats!

frequentfliers
January 28th, 2020, 00:37
A Friend Club: Now Panorama in Boyztown but it was a Go Go Bar.
Taboo: Day-Night Plaza. South Pattaya Road then Soi 3 and then a small Soi off that.
T & M: Pattaya Land Soi 1 about where the now closed Kawaii Boys was.

when was Panorama a go go bar?

I remember it called Cocobanana.

newalaan2
January 28th, 2020, 06:27
Nova Boys was definitely on Pattayaland Soi 1 on the same side of road between Gentleman Club and New Moonlight. I think next door to Tai Boys. I visited there early 2000.

I assume with Sawasdee Bar gogo you already know of the original one on Pattayaland 1 next door to Gentleman Club. I'm sure Dragon Hut was one of the shop units where All of Me bar later set up. There was also Dragon Boys on Day/Night soi 1 either in the previous premises of, or next to Leks Gogo Bar.

colmx
January 28th, 2020, 07:26
Wasn't dragon boys in the current Scandic massage shop premises?

Doug
January 28th, 2020, 08:44
Studio Suites and Gogo Bar

Doug
January 28th, 2020, 08:50
Sunee Plaza 2004

pong
January 28th, 2020, 08:56
Just relying on old Spartacus will lead to many omissions and wrong data.
It goes without saying that publications originally Thai will be better, the best knwon is the old TMOT=The Men Of TH series, some had listings as separate booklet, some had it in the main book. Beside these there were also small and once off booklets (all of course in the times www was hardly know-80ies, 90ies of last century). I now realise I must still have some of those-@home then, 11 hrs flying away from here.
Besides that the then TH gay magazines-there were loads once upon a time-are best for this, esp. the advertising.
When www came up many started to make listings for gay places-like replacing the old Spartacus. Every now and then I find a few and mostly they are totally out of date-but then things here in TH change quite fast. So for the years from around 2005/2010 you could try googling a few and check what they list for Pty. But then many avid readers here will also have good memories for that period.
Finally: I suppose you know about the other well known TH gay fora, this is mostly known as the bitchy one. KHun Lung GB=Gaybutton also runs his own and that one mostly centers on Pty. You may get some more info by also posting there: gaybuttonthai.com
I will/can only check when back home-around march and see if I, if then still needed, can make some scans of the TMOT listings and send to you. (I suppose that is nowhere to be found online? unless some other savvy in that field knows. Or the exquisite computerskills of the Canuck matt?

Doug
January 28th, 2020, 08:57
Sunee Plaza 2004 #2

Halcyon
January 28th, 2020, 09:18
Thank you so much :)

Halcyon
January 28th, 2020, 17:31
it took me a lot of time to go through the 2000 pages but found another 20 bars. So, thank you so much.

Chuai-Duai
January 28th, 2020, 21:24
Map of Boystown from “Thai Scene” 1994. I corresponded with the author Michael Notcutt but he sadly died before the next edition which came out in 1998. I met the author of that, subsequent, edition in London and gave him some information about various bars. He wrote under the name of “Damon Hammer” but that was not his real name.

The map shows the position of "A Friends Club" which was half the width of "Panorama" which is there now.

https://i.postimg.cc/1XtDDSkK/Thai-Scene-1994.jpg (https://postimg.cc/MMCc8CKc)

dab69
January 29th, 2020, 04:31
https://ist6-2.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/1/8/2/3/182307/8/S/X/F/8SXFh/527646515_Map_of_Sunee_Plaza_May_2010%281%29.gif.2 ef49ecc9c44f08e3d4ce0208a910ae8.gifpic says May 2010

gerefan2
January 29th, 2020, 05:32
Sunne looked so clean and new in those pics. What a contrast to today.

Zebedee
January 29th, 2020, 09:28
An amazing thread. Just looking at the photos,and the layout maps with "business" names takes me right back there. Can almost experience the feeling, entering the soi and the anticipation of what the evening will bring! Excitement,joy, arousal, being truly alive.

But it's all gone,and will never be repeated anywhere! The party is well and truly over.

Oliver2
January 29th, 2020, 13:43
And it's interesting to note how brief Sunee's life was.
In 1996, there was one bar (Crazy boys?) It was almost empty when I investigated. Two years later, a flyer distributed at Jomtien's gay beach led me to return and there were a number of bars operating....one, I recall , was named "Nok."
The expansion continued but then the area was hit by allegations of underage mbs and other crimes. A few years later those particular problems were gone or at least being challenged....but by 2013 or so (my estimation) Sunee's popularity was declining even while Boyztown was just clinging on to its clientele.
The dye was cast and the closure of the shisha cafes in the area contributed mightily to the air of dereliction and darkness in the sois initially caused by the closure of Krazy Boys and Krazy Pub with their large neo signs.

That's not a long history.

arsenal
January 29th, 2020, 14:34
The gay scene in Pattaya has moved to Jomtien. But, Jomtien nor only has restrictions but is also right on the verge of pricing itself out of the market: rents wise.

My off last night told me how much more the rents are in the complex than even Boyztown, due ironically to its success. At some point the gay scene will be on the move again and Sunee is the likely place to go.

Manforallseasons
January 29th, 2020, 17:02
. At some point the gay scene will be on the move again and Sunee is the likely place to go.

“From your mouth to god’s ears”.

Doug
January 29th, 2020, 19:20
Just a small aside comment. Why do so few members post photos with their comments when it is so easy to do? For me the addition of pics would increase my visits to and participation in the forum.

Chuai-Duai
January 29th, 2020, 19:24
Photos in Pattayaland Soi 1 and Boystown. Sorry about the quality but these are rather old negs. I think these are from 1997. Love the Rolls Royce in Boystown.

https://i.postimg.cc/BnMKMrR6/Thailand-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75JhLWH8)

https://i.postimg.cc/YS0mVXwx/Thailand-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/06gQK0j6)

https://i.postimg.cc/VNhbcjfP/Thailand-05.jpg (https://postimg.cc/4Kz36HHW)

https://i.postimg.cc/W12ZmNWC/Thailand-06.jpg (https://postimg.cc/fJrkDNhf)

Doug
January 29th, 2020, 19:26
CONTEST: Can you name the bar from the photos of the boys?

Doug
January 29th, 2020, 19:31
Chuai-Duai
The quality of the photo does not matter only the memories. Thanks for your post. I loved the pic of the boy from Cafe Royal in his pink top and short shorts.

Chuai-Duai
January 29th, 2020, 19:32
The quality of the photo does not matter only the memories. Thanks for your post. I loved the pic of the boy from Cafe Royal in his pink top and short shorts.

I wonder where he is now.

Zebedee
January 29th, 2020, 20:20
The Three amigos are, I think.... Batt,BG,Hat.

Im not to good with the bar names....but I never forget an ass!
The last photo.

christianpfc
January 29th, 2020, 22:04
The pictures with 7 boys and with 1 boy is Eros.

I have pictures of Wonderland, Office Boys (after they closed, but signage still there), Samorn (beer bar), the gogo bar on a side Soi deep down on Bua Khao (forgot the name) and many other in the depths of my hard drive.

Halcyon
January 29th, 2020, 22:36
Go quickly into the depths :))

Halcyon
January 29th, 2020, 22:42
Cartier

Manforallseasons
January 29th, 2020, 22:53
Cartier

Ah yes, I remember it well...near third road....There were no other gay places near it....Nice array of manly boys.

Zebedee
January 30th, 2020, 07:46
Go quickly into the depths :))

Yes I second that. Although Doug seems to have photos closer to my time period there, nevertheless all would be appreciated.

Smiles
January 30th, 2020, 09:44
A very interesting post indeed ... all-in-one does have it's merits.
But that photo with it's 3 Thai asses is seriously off-putting. To wit: none of them have any asses at all! Flat asses are ghastly on skinny Thai boys, just like non-asses on fat farangs at Jomtien Beach. Take a look ... horrific.
The photos of historic gay venues are much more interesting than anorexic twinks (post #35).

Zebedee
January 30th, 2020, 10:53
A very interesting post indeed ... all-in-one does have it's merits.
But that photo with it's 3 Thai asses is seriously off-putting. To wit: none of them have any asses at all! Flat asses are ghastly on skinny Thai boys, just like non-asses on fat farangs at Jomtien Beach. Take a look ... horrific.
The photos of historic gay venues are much more interesting than anorexic twinks (post #35).

Yes, I agree, the photo of the three guys with their backs turned to the camera....is clearly half-assed !! Not an ass between them! Bad asses the lot of 'em! Bottomless. LOL

However, BG and his pals, (not the same guys BTW.).....one has to see their asses in the flesh so to speak to appreciate the .....works of perfection. No end to the beauty of their asses!
As is my practise, I would most likely have left some teeth marks on said asses. Not causing pain of course, just a little bite cheek to cheek!

Smiles
January 30th, 2020, 12:14
" ... As is my practise, I would most likely have left some teeth marks on said asses. Not causing pain of course, just a little bite cheek to cheek! ... "A tad draculian for my taste, but I get it.
But for those 3 dudes I would be more likely to spread out a large map of Thailand with them laying down them rather then taking a bite.
As I've said many a time, it's all about the Bubble Butt rather than a membership in the Flat Earth Society.

dinagam
January 30th, 2020, 13:19
They do have adequate asses. It's just the slouching posture that is doing injustice to the otherwise fine composition.

Zebedee
January 30th, 2020, 13:40
They do have adequate asses. It's just the slouching posture that is doing injustice to the otherwise fine composition.

I guess its a matter of taste.

In memory of BG's I would offer ....asses to asses, lust to lust , I commit his body to the Stages of SP. Amen

( BTW He's alive and well I believe.)

Oliver2
January 30th, 2020, 13:40
May I deprecate the use of the American term "asses" when we are should be using the Good Old English word "arses"? Who gave you your damn language? If it's good enough for Chaucer et al, it should be good enough for this forum.

Smiles
January 30th, 2020, 14:31
May I deprecate the use of the American term "asses" when we are should be using the Good Old English word "arses"? Who gave you your damn language? If it's good enough for Chaucer et al, it should be good enough for this forum.If Trump can call his many many sycophants "asseholes" then I can surely use the word "ass" ... with a hole in them.
Ollie, stuck in 'Olde Englisc' won't get you anywhere in this forum of illiterates.

Just for enlightenment: which do Palestinians use, arses or asses?

Oliver2
January 30th, 2020, 16:58
Bearing in mind that we use the word "ass" ( literally a donkey) to describe a numpty, a buffoon, an idiot etc, Palestinians know an American "ass" when they see him on TV, or an American "arsehole" when they hear him. Just like we all do.

bkkguy
January 30th, 2020, 19:00
May I deprecate the use of the American term "asses" when we are should be using the Good Old English word "arses"? Who gave you your damn language? If it's good enough for Chaucer et al, it should be good enough for this forum.

surely in Chaucer's time that would be arfes

dinagam
January 30th, 2020, 19:22
Arfes is probably derived from the French 'la fesse' referring to one cheek that makes up a bottom 'la derrière'.

Oliver2
January 30th, 2020, 21:52
Bkkguy is partly correct but the consonant to which he refers is not our "f"; it lacks the middle bar, is a form of "s" and its use instead of "s" is dependent on its position in the word.
This must be the most interesting thread on this forum. Ever. But no more please.... let's get get back to arses, arfes or even asses.

Zebedee
January 30th, 2020, 22:25
This must be the most interesting thread on this forum. Ever. But no more please.... let's get get back to arses, arfes or even asses.

Yes indeed, the thread has gone arseways!
Halcyon, please rescue

Chuai-Duai
January 30th, 2020, 23:05
In chronological order from 2000 to 2009 in Pattayaland Sois 1, 2, and 3 and Boystown.

The two guys outside Wild West Boys are “Ton” and “Pong”.

https://i.postimg.cc/XqmL32bd/2000-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/V09nWW5k)

https://i.postimg.cc/BnWpVwNG/2002-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/KRNtKfd9)

https://i.postimg.cc/bvpTzDKC/2002-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75t796P0)

https://i.postimg.cc/gcTNv0Zj/2006-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/qg2sr4QH)

https://i.postimg.cc/W4w5r6Gc/2007-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/94zPH9gL)

https://i.postimg.cc/L5nDrcrm/2007-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/dZcGCxsf)

https://i.postimg.cc/gJM4tztM/2007-03.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ygZFkHH9)

https://i.postimg.cc/nhv2bYw9/2008-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ts4WFPb9)

https://i.postimg.cc/hPQMMqLr/2009-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/TpGrYFHL)

pong
January 31st, 2020, 07:10
OMG-first thanks. Have not been there so long-has anyone current. uptodate pix of what the signs show now? Was not that giant streetwide board with Boyztown removed to spare some easily hurt souls?
Now that I see this and back to subject: if at all possible collecting old pix would be more fun and instructive as just gathering names+adresses.

Halcyon
January 31st, 2020, 11:44
Will do tomorrow with the list :)

Zebedee
January 31st, 2020, 12:12
Just a quick thank you to the posters for their old photos, maps etc. Please continue.
Sorry if I inadvertently sidetracked the thread re asxxxx!

Smiles
January 31st, 2020, 12:33
Sorry? No need. These loonies -- I'm one -- love it as long as it's not perpetrated by an obvious troll. Some of the best posts are off the beaten track.
(Many might disagree but they are stick-in-the-muds with zero cosmic giggles).

Oliver2
January 31st, 2020, 13:11
The photos brought back happy memories- thanks- and reminded me why I fell in love with Pattaya. And its denizens.

Chuai-Duai
January 31st, 2020, 14:43
OMG-first thanks. Have not been there so long-has anyone current. uptodate pix of what the signs show now? Was not that giant streetwide board with Boyztown removed to spare some easily hurt souls?

2018. Didn't take one at Christmas when I was there last. This was when "Prisma" had just closed down (on the right).

https://i.postimg.cc/C53cP4sx/2018.jpg (https://postimg.cc/wRk53LrC)

gerefan2
January 31st, 2020, 15:39
2018. Didn't take one at Christmas when I was there last.

I did

dinagam
January 31st, 2020, 17:34
So did I.

Chuai-Duai
January 31st, 2020, 18:15
2011 and 2012. Sois 1 and 2, Boystown and Sunee Plaza.

https://i.postimg.cc/1XN5p9zN/2011-01.jpg (https://postimg.cc/V0m8wPnY)

https://i.postimg.cc/Mp0HPKm7/2011-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/TKwThxS1)

https://i.postimg.cc/0N8QLRVL/2011-03.jpg (https://postimg.cc/sMNsh8dc)

https://i.postimg.cc/KzW8kKm2/2011-04.jpg (https://postimg.cc/gXvW12wS)

https://i.postimg.cc/nL0zxR5M/2012.jpg (https://postimg.cc/2qLmFwCf)

https://i.postimg.cc/Jn0hz3Vx/2012-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/sQFznh2G)

Doug
January 31st, 2020, 18:17
I, also, took a picture around Xmas 2019.

Doug
January 31st, 2020, 18:29
Chuai Duai: Again a great memory. Good ole Monty. The consumate optomist in his own mind. Always promoting his plans for the greatest gay venue in Pattaya. A loveable curmudgeon.

Zebedee
January 31st, 2020, 18:48
OMG ! To see SP in its heyday really hits home as to how far it has fallen. Its just so very very sad. I know there were bad elements there but the majority of customers were simply out for fun and nothing illegal.
I can see NS travel sign behind Rainbow bar, so Green Chairs (Mamas ) would be just out of view to the right, and the 7-eleven at the end of the street where I would visit the ATM..too often!
I gotta say, I never felt like an "exhibit" when enjoying myself there, compared to Boys town, and now JC.
So many different nationalities were represented in all the various bars, mostly relaxed and enjoying the night out.

The photos of these times are priceless ,and no matter how articulate a poster is in his written descriptions of bars etc they simply cannot compete with the pics.
Thanks again Chuai-Duai.

More more!!!!

Zebedee
January 31st, 2020, 18:58
Chuai Duai: Again a great memory. Good ole Monty. The consumate optomist in his own mind. Always promoting his plans for the greatest gay venue in Pattaya. A loveable curmudgeon.

In that photo of Monty's Cafe Bar, was that before or after his B&B ( Loom for rent ). I stayed in his B&B a few times but I can't recall the Cafe Bar.
As you say he tried so many businesses its easy to get confused.
I remember the Enchanted Hut of course, and Montys Pool.

Doug
January 31st, 2020, 19:01
Faces seen around Sunee from 2003 to 2008.

Doug
January 31st, 2020, 19:04
And More Faces. How many do you recognize.

Zebedee
January 31st, 2020, 19:17
I see the former owner of TWO GUYS and his partner, BG...of course and his friend part of your entourage.. the guy with all the hair next to you Doug...I think he use to work in Two Guys but not positive.

Manforallseasons
January 31st, 2020, 19:39
Is the pool.....When Monty had it?

Patanawet
February 25th, 2020, 16:42
Sorry but a little off topic but a friend is trying to contact Paul Burnett who ran the Ting Tong Forum (not bar). He was always on holiday in Jomtien. i can't find the website anywhere. Thanks.

Oliver2
February 25th, 2020, 20:57
More photos please!

latintopxxx
February 26th, 2020, 02:47
for some strange reason I feel slightly sad/melancholic looking at these photos...brings up memories of gorgeous bubble butted bright eyed shiny haired guys that dont look after themselves and the shock of seeing them a few years later way past their prime existing on the periphery....as if the good times would never end. Never forget a gorgeous lithe MB adorned with gold , latest motor bike, a girl friend..proud...commanded top dollar for his services...then he kinda dissapeared for a while only to resurface looking like crap...no gold/moitor bike/GF...and available for almost nothing.

Zebedee
February 26th, 2020, 05:49
More photos please!

"I Second That Emotion"

I would love to relive a week of those old days. I would steal away BG from Doug or anyone else that had his attention.
Sorry Doug, but it's dog eat dog out there!

2lz2p
February 26th, 2020, 09:37
Thanks for this map - brings back many memories especially showing "Oasis Coffee Shop" location at that time - this was Ambiance Hotel coffee shop. In 1992, my 5th or 6th trip to Thailand, I was staying at the Ambiance. The Oasis has a very special meaning for me. I met one of the waiters and asked him out (he was working days). We had a great time for the 2 weeks I was there. And for many consecutive trips for the next 10 years (he left Pattaya for work in Korat, but took time off to be with me on my trips). ln 2002, I retired and moved to Pattaya where we have lived together ever since. The Amor (#8) was a gogo bar at that time which later converted to the restaurant and Cocobanana Pub (#12) moved to the #7 location and later changed its name to Panorama. Thanks again, it did bring back some fond memories.

Zebedee
February 26th, 2020, 10:03
Thanks for this map - brings back many memories especially showing "Oasis Coffee Shop" location at that time - this was Ambiance Hotel coffee shop. In 1992, my 5th or 6th trip to Thailand, I was staying at the Ambiance. The Oasis has a very special meaning for me. I met one of the waiters and asked him out (he was working days). We had a great time for the 2 weeks I was there. And for many consecutive trips for the next 10 years (he left Pattaya for work in Korat, but took time off to be with me on my trips). ln 2002, I retired and moved to Pattaya where we have lived together ever since. The Amor (#8) was a gogo bar at that time which later converted to the restaurant and Cocobanana Pub (#12) moved to the #7 location and later changed its name to Panorama. Thanks again, it did bring back some fond memories.

Now that's what is called a "happy ending"....

Thanks for sharing that very nice romance and now commitment,long may it last.

Oliver2
February 26th, 2020, 14:28
Is it possible that there are fewer successful LTRs today than there were twenty or so years ago? I was surprised to learn how many of the guys P met while he was working in the early 2000s were successful in finding a falang who was more than a client and with whom they had a relationship which lasted a few years at least.. He's still in contact with three of his contemporaries who come into this category.And I've met two of them.
There's no way of knowing of course but is it possible that there are socio-economic reasons for this- if it's true?

2lz2p
February 27th, 2020, 09:38
Is it possible that there are fewer successful LTRs today than there were twenty or so years ago? I was surprised to learn how many of the guys P met while he was working in the early 2000s were successful in finding a falang who was more than a client and with whom they had a relationship which lasted a few years at least.. He's still in contact with three of his contemporaries who come into this category.And I've met two of them.
There's no way of knowing of course but is it possible that there are socio-economic reasons for this- if it's true?

I can't speak as of today - but I have several friends that have been living with their boyfriends - without trying to recall all, I know of at least 3 right off hand whose relationships are in excess of 10 years and going strong. So, it is possible - but IMO, the chemistry has to be there what with the cultural and for most age difference.

BOY69
February 27th, 2020, 12:33

Yes LT is more difficult to find this days most of the boys are looking for ST only or maximum overnight LT , They are not looking for LT relationship with falang unless he's very wealthy and splashing money to the boy .

latintopxxx
February 27th, 2020, 13:57
I blame MTV....

Captain Swing
February 27th, 2020, 22:21
I blame MTV....

I blame Trump.

Zebedee
February 27th, 2020, 22:30
I blame Trump.

I blame it on the Boogie.

Oliver2
February 28th, 2020, 13:47
Deleted.

Jellybean
February 28th, 2020, 18:27
Deleted.

It’s not very often I've seen you lost for words, Oliver2. At the very least you could have left something meaningful, something profound, something like the following message . . .

Oliver2 woz (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/woz_ere)‘ere!

:)

Oliver2
February 29th, 2020, 15:21
OK....Oliver2 was irritated by what he thought (obviously wrongly) to be an interesting topic turned into a platform for jokes. Nevertheless, he was aware that he'd be foolish to bleed while swimming with sharks and so deleted his response. A correct decision, in Oliver2's opinion.

Nirish guy
February 29th, 2020, 17:02
OK....Oliver2 was irritated .......so deleted his response. A correct decision, in Oliver2's opinion.

You DO know I'm sure that in the same 'edit" window that I assume you used to "delete' you comment that that you could have ACTUALLY just deleted your comment entirely and not just post the work delete, as that means you didn't delete your post at all, you just merely commented "delete", which when we're talking about a thread being derailed doesn't really help ether of course.

Zebedee
February 29th, 2020, 17:45
You DO know I'm sure that in the same 'edit" window that I assume you used to "delete' you comment that that you could have ACTUALLY just deleted your comment entirely and not just post the work delete, as that means you didn't delete your post at all, you just merely commented "delete", which when we're talking about a thread being derailed doesn't really help ether of course.

Elementary my dear Nirish, on the other hand perhaps Oliver2 did know how to delete the entire post but chose not to do so, leaving the word "delete " in his remaining post thereby sending a passive protest to the "offending" posters! This then has the effect of sending shockwaves throughout the forum letting everyone know not to mess with Oliver2!!!!
Fiendishly clever....Moriarty would be proud.

Its been a slow day folks.

I blame the parents!

Nirish guy
February 29th, 2020, 18:07
Elementary my dear Nirish, on the other hand perhaps Oliver2 did know how to delete the entire post .......

THAT was of course EXACTLY my assumption too, hence my pointing out that he COULD have deleted if he chose to do so, but instead decided to "burn the buses" ( as we say here in Belfast :-) and lodge his one word protest :-) Still, it's a sad day when we cant have a bit of innocent lightness and banter in the middle of a long and winding 9 page thread eh :-(
!

Zebedee
February 29th, 2020, 18:51
THAT was of course EXACTLY my assumption too, hence my pointing out that he COULD have deleted if he chose to do so, but instead decided to "burn the buses" ( as we say here in Belfast :-) and lodge his one word protest :-) Still, it's a sad day when we cant have a bit of innocent lightness and banter in the middle of a long and winding 9 page thread eh :-(
!

Indubitably....your assumptions would point in that direction....but hmmm. I think we need backup, Monsieur Poirot must be summoned.

Oliver2
February 29th, 2020, 20:27
I'll clear this up; anyone who knows me is aware that I have lived and shall die an incompetent user of computers. You are fortunate (or perhaps not) that I'm able to communicate with your good selves at all.
So, no; I was not aware of any means by which I could delete my original post other than the one I used. If I had been, I would have used it.

No need for M. Poirot. The defendant has spoken.

Jellybean
February 29th, 2020, 21:36
Oh dear, perhaps the blame, if any, rests with me. My normal practice on seeing a post with just the word “Deleted” and nothing else is to simply delete it, since there is no content. But unusually, and don’t ask me why, but on this occasion, the thought struck me, if I remove it, no one will know that Oliver2 was ever here, hence my quirky comment, “Oliver2 woz ‘ere”.

Apologies all round gentlemen; I shall take a demerit on this one and shall go and sit on the naughty step. Although, I must confess, I also enjoyed reading the off-topic posts.

Zebedee
March 1st, 2020, 03:08
OK....Oliver2 was irritated by what he thought (obviously wrongly) to be an interesting topic turned into a platform for jokes. Nevertheless, he was aware that he'd be foolish to bleed while swimming with sharks and so deleted his response. A correct decision, in Oliver2's opinion.

Mea culpa Oliver2 for derailing the thread,I wrongly felt the topic had reached its natural conclusion.

Oliver2
March 1st, 2020, 14:18
Mai pen rai. Come to think of it, it was fun.

Nirish guy
March 1st, 2020, 17:56
Awww peace love and harmony has been restored, isn't it lovely to see grown adults interacting with each other with humour and respect and a little tolerance on the board of late, it makes for such a pleasant change. :)

Oh and to maybe help maybe in the future Oliver should you wish to delete a post it's really simple, look down to where you see the buttons for posting / replying to a post etc and I think for around 10 minutes ? or so after you've posted the post you want to edit or delete you can click the "edit" or "delete" button that you'll see ( looks as per the pic below) and click that and Bobs your uncle your post is history !

Oliver2
March 1st, 2020, 21:40
Thanks Nirishguy. The problem is that the wrong method has created so much innocent enjoyment that I'd be reluctant to change.

me2
March 4th, 2020, 11:44
Sorry but a little off topic but a friend is trying to contact Paul Burnett who ran the Ting Tong Forum (not bar). He was always on holiday in Jomtien. i can't find the website anywhere. Thanks.

I am pretty sure he died form Cancer quite a few years ago, His illness was the reason he stopped coming to Thailand maybe 10+ years ago.

Zebedee
March 6th, 2020, 08:45

I am pretty sure he died form Cancer quite a few years ago, His illness was the reason he stopped coming to Thailand maybe 10+ years ago.

Never knew him personally , but saw his photos on here and tingtong forum from time to time, then nothing. I would have thought he was in his early fifties around the time of his illness.
He always reminded me of Alec Guinness the actor.