PDA

View Full Version : Water shortages?

arsenal
January 24th, 2020, 12:49
On GB there is a thread about possible water shortages in Pattaya. Riding past Lake Mabrachan nailed the point. The 'shoreline' is now a good hundred meters further in than in the past. In fact the water level is so low that there's almost a land bridge right across the middle. Worrying for residents and tourists alike.

Manforallseasons
January 24th, 2020, 13:41
Back so soon?

arsenal
January 24th, 2020, 15:45
Indeed I am.

dinagam
January 24th, 2020, 15:51
Beware of crocodiles lurking in the grass and shallows of lakes.

arsenal
January 24th, 2020, 16:37
Yea. Also often behind parked cars and wearing a difficult to spot brown uniform. Hahaha.

aot871
January 24th, 2020, 17:25
I have just read in the pattaya mail that city hall is asking people to conserve water use, I wonder how much is wasted during song kran week ?

Jellybean
January 24th, 2020, 18:38
Good photos, arsenal, but as you say, worrying for residents and visitors alike. Do you think Miss Thunberg has an explanation for Pattaya’s water shortage, or is it simply down to bad planning by the city fathers?

Back so soon?

Indeed I am.

I thought arsenal might have referred to the title of a popular Hi-NRG song by 80’s singer Miquel Brown in his reply, which I believe suits him perfectly. :)

goji
January 24th, 2020, 22:00
Good photos, arsenal, but as you say, worrying for residents and visitors alike. Do you think Miss Thunberg has an explanation for Pattaya’s water shortage, or is it simply down to bad planning by the city fathers?

Do they have PLANNING ? Can't say I've seen much evidence of it

Jellybean
January 24th, 2020, 22:53
Do they have PLANNING ? Can't say I've seen much evidence of it

During one of my early trips to Pattaya, goji, I have a vague memory of passing a building with signage saying:

Pattaya City
Planning Department

Oh, wait a minute, on second thoughts, I believe the sign may well have read:

Pattaya City
Planning Department
Circumlocution Office (https://www.panarchy.org/dickens/circumlocution.html)

Yes, I'm almost certain that's what the sign said. ;)

goji
January 24th, 2020, 23:21
"Planning Department" = Another bribe collecting function staffed by dead wood.

Actually, even in the UK planners are amongst the most useless functions in society. They just impose bad taste so every new housing estate looks identical and dismal, with plastic chimney pots and other fake features.

However, we can rely on a piped water supply.

Nirish guy
January 25th, 2020, 00:47
"Planning Department"

Or maybe it more meant more as a quite literal statement of fact in that perhaps they they WERE planning to open a department to look into such things but then......well, Thailand happened and so they just never quite got around to it.... maybe that was more it !