PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Complex raided?

gerefan2
January 19th, 2020, 21:28
My boy(s) are telling me that Jomtien Complex was raided last Thursday or Friday evening.
Apparently two picks-up trucks, full of boys, carted off.
I can’t find anything on the net.
Anyone verify the story?

Mods ..please correct the title. Complex.

arsenal
January 19th, 2020, 21:40
"Apparently two picks-up trucks, full of boys, carted off."

Are you sure a447 wasn't in town?

aussie_
January 19th, 2020, 22:23
At 1.30am Saturday morning the Jomtien Complex was raided, with some officers carrying machine guns. They took bar owners away and also questioned some Asian customers to ascertain their rationality. It was mostly regarding bars being open too late.

christianpfc
January 19th, 2020, 22:26
I was there Friday night (or Saturday morning 00:12 to 57) and it was brimming with boys and customers.

Edit: barely missed the raid, see above post. I have never been in a police raid.

gerefan2
January 20th, 2020, 00:02
At 1.30am Saturday morning the Jomtien Complex was raided, with some officers carrying machine guns. They took bar owners away and also questioned some Asian customers to ascertain their rationality. It was mostly regarding bars being open too late.

I thought legal closing time was 02.00...

latintopxxx
January 20th, 2020, 01:38
arsenal....the a477 one was gold....

aussie_
January 20th, 2020, 07:32
I thought legal closing time was 02.00...

It maybe 2.00am but the raid might have been about previously reported infringements.

goji
January 20th, 2020, 07:49
I always assumed raids were about difficulties in collecting bribes, on the basis that there are usually businesses in other parts of town who seem to operate without such harassment.

frequentfliers
January 20th, 2020, 23:07
Surprised there was no warning..maybe not paying enough.

pong
January 21st, 2020, 06:49
Surprised there was no warning..maybe not paying enough.
Those ´warnings´ are mostly leaks from the trusted middleman who does the fee collection.
Might simply be at about the end of the agreed term en BiBs now want to make it clear the ´price has gone up´
OR-having read the last such reports-this is yet another raid searchng for ´foreign workers´ (think Khmer) from upper levels. In that case it were not the local BiBs (they would have let the word go out before so that appropriate measures could have been taken). So the missing question here is: was it Pattaya local BiB or not?

goji
January 21st, 2020, 12:13
If police raids became problematic, you think the bars would just get together and pay a couple of lookouts.

Zebedee
January 22nd, 2020, 07:49
Anybody, have any updates? Have the boys been locked up for deportation or released ?

It's ok if the owners are locked up.....lol.

Daveuk
January 22nd, 2020, 13:13
I hope not because I will be in the Complex in 3 weeks for my next trip. A boyless bar area is not what I go there for

arsenal
January 22nd, 2020, 13:55
Worry ye not. There are always plenty of boys as long as there are customers.

Jellybean
January 22nd, 2020, 19:47
Worry ye not. There are always plenty of boys as long as there are customers.

How very reassuring, arsenal. I shall be paying a four day visit to Pattaya next month and booked my hotel only yesterday.

latintopxxx
January 23rd, 2020, 00:14
oh for heavens sake...vast majority of MBs are online...

Daveuk
January 23rd, 2020, 12:39
I disagree about the majority of boys being online certainly not those I look for 18-25. Not many in that category on Planet Romeo. There are far more in the gogos like Winner and Cupidol.

Moses
January 23rd, 2020, 13:17
I disagree about the majority of boys being online certainly not those I look for 18-25. Not many in that category on Planet Romeo. There are far more in the gogos like Winner and Cupidol.

Just install Blued and you will see what it is true.
I just made check: 97 boys on the distance less than 1 km from cross of second road and central road, filters: Asian, below 27 yo. with photo.

goji
January 23rd, 2020, 14:01
The definition of online varies from app to app.

Blued will also include Chinese tourists, particularly at their new year holiday. Most of these will not be available to us.

I suspect Jomtien complex has more available cute lads, although I usually hook up via the apps.

arsenal
January 23rd, 2020, 14:31
And virtually none of the straight boys are on the apps.

gerefan2
January 23rd, 2020, 18:20
Good point

latintopxxx
January 23rd, 2020, 23:57
what utter nonsense....thats exactly where they are as they dont want to be outed by being paraded like cattle on a stage ....

gerefan2
January 24th, 2020, 21:52
[QUOTE=latintopxxx;264039]what utter nonsense....thats exactly where they are as they dont want to be outed by being paraded like cattle on a stage ....

So they don't want to appear in front of a few dozen customers in a Gogo bar but you are telling us they are happy to be seen worldwide,for ever, on a gay website?
What utter drivel. Where's frequent when you need him?

latintopxxx
January 27th, 2020, 16:17
gerefan..I'll type slowly so u can keep up...most of the straight ones dont post clear face pics..they focus on the appendage , butt and body pics....

arsenal
January 27th, 2020, 16:55
Ok latin. Can you give us a couple of examples of straight boys on gay dating apps please.

gerefan2
January 27th, 2020, 18:48
.most of the straight ones dont post clear face pics..they focus on the appendage , butt and body pics....

That’s the ugly ones.

latintopxxx
January 28th, 2020, 01:05
...probably true....

Oliver2
January 28th, 2020, 13:54
Does anyone tell the truth on the apps?

BOY69
January 29th, 2020, 01:28
Probably not...

latintopxxx
January 30th, 2020, 02:06
arsenal?!?!?!

Newbie99
January 30th, 2020, 11:01
Was there a raid at the Jomtien complex?

Zebedee
January 30th, 2020, 11:17
Was there a raid at the Jomtien complex?

If you read the thread from the start.....its not very long.....It will tell you all you want to know.

BOY69
January 30th, 2020, 12:16
Can someone update what is the current situation in Jomtien complex ,Is everything back to normal ?

aussie_
January 30th, 2020, 12:58
After the fines were paid it is business as usual until the next time funds are needed.

Jellybean
January 31st, 2020, 18:41
The post by dinagam showing a photo of a boy on a dating app and stating that he works in a named bar has been deleted under rule 3.2.3 - penultimate bullet point, in order to protect his privacy.

latintopxxx
February 1st, 2020, 01:24
naughty boy dinagam...good spanking is in order

dinagam
February 1st, 2020, 08:04
naughty boy dinagam...good spanking is in order

Only by nubile youths 23 years and younger...

sglad
February 2nd, 2020, 21:42
Only by nubile youths 23 years and younger...

Dog years?

dinagam
February 3rd, 2020, 09:59
Dog years?

I'm beginning to wonder if you are into beastiality...

aussie_
February 12th, 2020, 15:31
The police visited Jomtiem Complex again last night resulting in the bars closing early at 1.00 am.

goji
February 12th, 2020, 16:12
The police were raiding Sunee Plaza for years, until there is hardly anything left.
Now Jomtien Complex is getting the same treatment.

Do they raid the girlie bars at a similar frequency, or is it just homophobic bias ?

PapaBear
February 12th, 2020, 16:18
When will the stupid authorities realize that if they chase away all the Khmers, Laos and Vietnamese boys out of the gay bars in Pattaya and Bangkok, there will not be any more gay bars. No gay bars = no gay tourists = no more tea money.

The dumb buggers succeeded in squeezing all the Sunnee Plaza bar owners out of business by their greed. Now, no tea money left to be had there. Now it seems they want to do the same in Jomtien Complex.

Oliver2
February 12th, 2020, 16:45
My understanding is that workplaces are regularly visited by border control agents and that this includes factories as well as bars, gay or straight. I'd be surprised if anyone could demonstrate that gay venues are more at risk, though this may be the case.

The issue with the JC, I assume, is that many of the hosts are from Cambodia and Laos.

In all my years in Boyztown ( nearly eighty visits stretching over nearly twenty-five years) I never saw a raid. I'd like to know why? tea-money?

bkkguy
February 12th, 2020, 17:46
In all my years in Boyztown ( nearly eighty visits stretching over nearly twenty-five years) I never saw a raid. I'd like to know why?

I don't think even Pattaya's finest would have wanted to be facing off with Madame Jim - something to do with saving their own faces while she was lifting hers perhaps?

Zebedee
February 12th, 2020, 18:58
The police were raiding Sunee Plaza for years, until there is hardly anything left.
Now Jomtien Complex is getting the same treatment.

The dumb buggers succeeded in squeezing all the Sunnee Plaza bar owners out of business by their greed. Now, no tea money left to be had there. Now it seems they want to do the same in Jomtien Complex.

In all my years in Boyztown ( nearly eighty visits stretching over nearly twenty-five years) I never saw a raid. I'd like to know why? tea-money?

I remember many years ago, before the advent of Chinese/ Indian tourists , SP was raided regularly and BT was never touched. JC wasn't really a "threat" back then but it is doing very well these days by comparison. I accept that those days SP needed to be policed as there were serious problems there, but not to the point where they were driven out of business. Nowadays JC is getting somewhat similar treatment,to my knowledge JC doesn't have any real criminal or unsocial activities to warrant these regular raids, at least nothing more than BT.
These days customers are scarce (even before Corona ), and JC could be viewed as a "threat" or serious competition, it would be to BT's advantage if there was only one gay location in Pattaya left standing,if that turns out to be the case it would be a huge loss to the gay community/visitors .
I cannot say these raids are being orchestrated by BT....because I cannot prove it,but it does seem very odd.
Hmmm the plot thickens!!

Oliver2
February 12th, 2020, 21:34
A bit late for that. The war is over; JC won!

goji
February 12th, 2020, 21:38
The issue with the JC, I assume, is that many of the hosts are from Cambodia and Laos.

In recent years, the lads I offed from Boyztown have tended to be from Cambodia or Laos.
So I would think the different treatment of Boyztown might well be due to tea money.

Also, if it were purely immigration, surely all the girly bars must be stuffed full of immigrants as well ? Something like 60% of Thai graduates are women, most of the best jobs for young people are open to them and so on. So if it's difficult to find Thai boys willing to work in boy bars, the same should be true for girl bars.
Mind you, perhaps the police ARE raiding the girlie bars too ?

Incidentally, another reason for employing immigrant staff must be chronic obesity amongst a proportion of the younger population, Also affecting both genders.

arsenal
February 12th, 2020, 22:36
Yes. I estimate fifty per cent of go go boys are overweight. Pretty fucking stupid if you're looking to get money for your looks. Not enough chubby chasers to go round.

Zebedee
February 12th, 2020, 23:05
A bit late for that. The war is over; JC won!

Not if these raids persist, and if they are indeed orchestrated by BT- JC could meet the same fate as SP !

arsenal
February 13th, 2020, 09:15
Well wouldn't it be ironic if having raided Sunee into oblivion and driven the gay scene to Jomtien the opposite now happens.

Zebedee
February 13th, 2020, 11:16
Yes, the government has now issued a WARNING:
" Due to Corona Virus and Police raids a shortage of BOYS is expected, all FALANG GAYS are hereby advised to stock up with an Emergency Boy to be kept locked up under guard in Falang Condo until further notice".

PS , " big slut ARSENAL advised to to keep 4 large boys,everyone else is limited to 1" end of warning.

LOL

arsenal
February 13th, 2020, 12:24
HahaHaha.
Fabulous.

neddy3
February 14th, 2020, 00:18
Police were active in Boyztown tonight.
Checking licences in Panorama.
I can't confirm, but believe that Cupidol had problems. Cambodians detained?

If the go-go bars can't get Thai boys to work anymore, and the foreign boys are detained, where does that leave us?
Ah, the good old days!

Nirish guy
February 14th, 2020, 00:25
PS , " big slut ARSENAL advised to to keep 4 large boys,everyone else is limited to 1" end of warning.

Ha I initially read that as Arsenal was getting 4 "large" boys and the rest of us were restricted to just ONE INCH each ! Well, I'm sorry but based on some of the size queens on this board 1" just wont cut it ! lol

aussie_
February 14th, 2020, 01:17
The police were at the Morlum concert at Khao Talo Pattaya tonight which finished at 1230am instead of the usual 2.00am.

arsenal
February 14th, 2020, 01:57
Due to wartime rationing currently imposed by the fucking Thai police who seem determined to piss off the whole city arsenal is limiting himself to one boy a day. Cock size not important but only boyish boys need apply.

Zebedee
February 14th, 2020, 02:24
Ha I initially read that as Arsenal was getting 4 "large" boys and the rest of us were restricted to just ONE INCH each ! Well, I'm sorry but based on some of the size queens on this board 1" just wont cut it ! lol

Yes, no good for the size queens.
Give them an inch and they'll fake a smile !!

Ok, I'll get my coat.

gerefan2
February 15th, 2020, 17:23
I can't confirm, but believe that Cupidol had problems. Cambodians detained?

!

Talk is of a huge fine...

PapaBear
February 17th, 2020, 18:19
So what's the fallout from all the recent raids in Jomtien Complex and Boyztown? Everything back to normal or are all the Khmer and Laos boys in hiding? Are there any boys left in Toy boys? That was my favourite bar.

gerefan2
February 17th, 2020, 19:06
I was in Toyboys last night and will be again tonight. Cashier/Mamasan/dogsbody’s birthday!
There were at least 20 boys available last night, two of which were Thai!
I will report again after tonight if there is anything significantly different.
Paying the Tea money seems to help...

Jellybean
February 17th, 2020, 19:10
So what's the fallout from all the recent raids in Jomtien Complex and Boyztown? Everything back to normal or are all the Khmer and Laos boys in hiding? Are there any boys left in Toy boys? That was my favourite bar.

I was in Pattaya as recently as yesterday, having been there for four nights. I visited all three gay locations and all seemed to me, at least, to be back to normal. But maybe you’ll need others who live there or long-term visitors to confirm this.

On Friday night, PapaBear, I paid a visit to your favourite bar in Boyz Town. There were at least twelve to sixteen very attractive young men in attendance. My attention was immediately drawn to a young chap who turned out to be from Laos. One of the questions I asked him was, do you have any ID for the hotel? He was adamant that he did, so when we reached my hotel reception desk I was surprised when he produced a photo of his ID on his phone! Of course this was not acceptable to the hotel and he had to return to his room and come back with his passport before being allowed to gain entry to the hotel.

This happened once before, two or more years ago, with another lad from Laos, out of Cupidol Bar, if my memory serves me correctly. Next time, if a non-Thai, to avoid any untimely delays, I shall need to stress that a passport will definitely be required by the hotel reception staff. No ifs, ands or buts! :)

PS Ah! I see gerefan2 has posted since I started drafting this post with more up to date info'.

Jellybean
February 17th, 2020, 19:41
Oops, I nearly forgot, while at Jomtien on Saturday night with two fellow forum members, I took a couple of photos before the evening really got going.

As, arsenal, our latter day Scarlet Pimpernel, is renowned for forever popping up hither and thither, I thought it prudent to protect his identity by placing an emoji on all the possible contenders for the role of 'the Pimpernel'. Especially the handsome chap opposite me in photo #2 who seemed quite hungry and was attempting to devour the face of his male companion! ;)

arsenal
February 17th, 2020, 19:50
The very suggestion that I would be seen dead in that blue and white stripy top is borderline warmongering.

Zebedee
February 17th, 2020, 22:30
just seeing those photos....makes me wish I was there, but as always when I am actually there I get bored after a week!!!!
I know how that "sounds" but once I hit Pattaya no matter how long Ive been away it seems like I never left!!
I accept the fault is mine, because I do really love the place!......I can't understand these feelings, I should consider myself lucky .

Thanks for the photos. Very thoughtful of you to protect the identities of everyone, well done!

sglad
February 17th, 2020, 23:50
Thanks for the photos. Very thoughtful of you to protect the identities of everyone, well done!

No, not everyone. He only protected the identities of the white guys.

PapaBear
February 18th, 2020, 01:55
Thanks gerefan2 and Jellybean for the updates. Let's hope the tea money fines won't force the bars to jack up their prices even more. Who am I kidding? Of course they will.

Will be back in Pats in two weeks. Tell the boys to get their passports ready! Whoohoo!

pong
February 18th, 2020, 07:45
I was in Pattaya as recently as yesterday, having been there for four nights. I visited all three gay locations and all seemed to me, at least, to be back to normal. But maybe you’ll need others who live there or long-term visitors to confirm this.
Next time, if a non-Thai, to avoid any untimely delays, I shall need to stress that a passport will definitely be required by the hotel reception staff.
In YOUR HTL then. I assume it was not his very 1st off (seeing he knew to have some ID with him) but it perhaps also shows that this asking for an official ID seems either not that common everywhere or not that frequent that he came prepared for it. BTW-Lao also have some kind of ID-card, I have no idea if that would be acceptable for your HTL-its at least less cumbersome to take when you mainly work in the skimpiest possible clothing. Of course it would lack any stamps that he is according to the very mysterious ways of Thai immigr. ´legal´ here in LOS.
But nice report and addition, so hope it was not the only night you got a treat in bed.

goji
February 18th, 2020, 09:18
None of my hotels in Thailand for this trip have checked IDs.

arsenal
February 18th, 2020, 09:37
The next time the police (currently in the foulest of dispositions) raid the complex perhaps they could cart off a few farangs.

The sad, lonely and alcoholic ones who commandeer the boys for heavy drinking sessions and then leave them drunk and useless to off.

latintopxxx
February 18th, 2020, 09:48
goji...am totally surprised at your experience, in all the hotels I've stayed in they've almost always requested ID, maybe the reason they dont with you is that the mb is soooo old that its clear even to a blind man that hes way over the age of consent.

goji
February 18th, 2020, 15:52
The sad, lonely and alcoholic ones who commandeer the boys for heavy drinking sessions and then leave them drunk and useless to off.

Also resulting in boys with beer guts and other health problems.

Boys spending most of the evening prancing around a gogo bar in underwear is way healthier than sitting on their arses drinking whiskey in a host bar.

Oliver2
February 18th, 2020, 16:52
The phrase "beer guts and other health problems" could also be applied to many falangs in Pattaya. Ask the workers about their experiences, particularly the issue of "brewers' droop." And then observe the sedentary all-day beer-drinking in the beer bars of Soi Bukaeow or Soi 6 just to confirm that it's probably even worse on the straight scene.
By the way, I suspect "prancing" in gay go go bars went out of fashion many years ago....more's the pity. If were still around, I may be tempted to go to see it!

sglad
February 18th, 2020, 17:19
...If were still around, I may be tempted to go to see it!

"If I were still around?"...I'm so sorry, Oliver2, I didn't know that you had crossed over to the other side. Is it as hot as they say it is?

goji
February 18th, 2020, 18:05
The phrase "beer guts and other health problems" could also be applied to many falangs in Pattaya.
Agreed.
However:
1 The farang don't rely on their charm and good looks to rent their butts out and make a living.
2 A bit of age adjustment needs to be applied when considering the size of people, as it's more difficult to keep the weight off as people age. Even I got away with 28" waist jeans in my early 20s, but have now slipped to 31". Even that is a better than average result.

However, age is no excuse for drinking all day.

Nirish guy
February 19th, 2020, 00:36
However, age is no excuse for drinking all day.

!?? I wasn't aware one NEEDED an "excuse" to do that as I 've been known to do just for the god damn fun of it ! :-)

latintopxxx
February 19th, 2020, 01:33
when on holiday...i may start with a beer at around 1 in the afternoon whilst lounging around on jomtien beach ....but do pace myself as i definitely dont want to be totally useless by 7pm.

sglad
February 19th, 2020, 10:36
when on holiday...i may start with a beer at around 1 in the afternoon whilst lounging around on jomtien beach ....but do pace myself as i definitely dont want to be totally useless by 7pm.

So sounding drunk all day is just a personality thing?

Zebedee
February 19th, 2020, 12:17

Some people might say the beer would not be a factor in that scenario!

But I'd never say that about you latin.

arsenal
February 19th, 2020, 13:13
Sglad wrote.
""If I were still around?"...I'm so sorry, Oliver2, I didn't know that you had crossed over to the other side. Is it as hot as they say it is?"

It's about the same as Pattaya but there are lots of bars dotted around Lake Mabrachan if you get thirsty and you can take a swim if the heat becomes excessive.

christianpfc
February 19th, 2020, 13:21
Next time, if a non-Thai, to avoid any untimely delays, I shall need to stress that a passport will definitely be required by the hotel reception staff. No ifs, ands or buts! :)
Even better, ask to see his ID. That way you now where he comes from and if he is of legal age (which doesn't seem to be a problem nowadays).

In the provinces my visitors never had to show ID, and in Pattaya rarely. I usually stay in Baan Dok Mai where reception is not staffed at night.
On a recent stay in Marina Inn (now Marine Paradise), my visitor had to leave ID at reception, a paper copy was sufficient. The problem with the photo might have been that they have to retain something physical at reception. Or receptionist could take a picture of the boys' phone screen?

goji
February 19th, 2020, 13:48
In the provinces I've encountered a couple of lads who think I'm treating them like a criminal when asking them go bring ID. I kind of see their point, but unless the age is obviously over 18, I need to see ID.

Oliver2
February 19th, 2020, 14:11
And you are right to do so.