PDA

View Full Version : To drink or not to drink

dinagam
January 10th, 2020, 07:59
During my recent visit to Pattaya I came across falang of both sexes with opened bottles of beer in their hands and drinking by the roadside or while riding the songtheow.
They were clearly not Irish, Scottish, or Aussies. Is drinking alcohol permissible on public transport in seaside towns in the developed countries?

latintopxxx
January 10th, 2020, 09:16
Russians.

dinagam
January 10th, 2020, 09:26
You're so intuitive, latin.

neddy3
January 10th, 2020, 11:01
He's also correct. They're Russians.

latintopxxx
January 10th, 2020, 13:41
yes...I am usually

Manforallseasons
January 10th, 2020, 14:15
Inevitably they are Russians, I’ve even seen them go into a restaurant with a beer in their hand.....they are really low class!

Ivory
January 10th, 2020, 15:50
Let's not generalize, okay? There are quite decent and cultured people among the Russians. You can't judge a whole nation by individual ghouls.

latintopxxx
January 10th, 2020, 16:05
bit like the brits in ibiza...benidorm...etc...

bkkguy
January 10th, 2020, 17:43
bit like the brits in ibiza...benidorm...etc...

or in Pattaya in their socks and sandals

goji
January 10th, 2020, 20:21
Some Russians are very classy. I've been in business meetings with about 8 of them, one of me and they hold the entire meeting in perfect English, at first language level and they were unfailingly polite as well.

Even in Pattaya, with a more diverse mix, it's been several years since I was inconvenienced by one. Which is more than I can say for certain other groups.

poshglasgow
January 10th, 2020, 21:32
Let's not generalize, okay? There are quite decent and cultured people among the Russians. You can't judge a whole nation by individual ghouls.

I have had dealings with folk from both Moscow and St. Petersburg and I must say that I have found the residents of St. Petersburg far more open and friendly than those of Moscow. Once again, this is a general impression and there are, undeniably, good and bad representatives of every country. The only city which purports to have, among its residents, only the chaste and the good is the Vatican City!!!!!
To quote Private Eye magazine....(Eh, surely some mistake).

a447
January 10th, 2020, 21:44
Some Russians are very classy.

Hardly surprising, given their rich culture. Afterall, Russia gave us Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky, Rimsky-Kosakov, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Kandinsky.......the list goes on.

Ivory
January 10th, 2020, 22:05
The topic of "drink or not to drink" turned into a discussion about "whether the Russians are as bad as they are said to be." Let's get back to the main question. Personally, I, being in Pattaya, drink of course more than at home, but always within the bounds of decency. What could be better than a bottle of cold San Miguel on the beach on a hot day?

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2020, 00:43
2 bottles...and a service provided impaled on my erect member

Nirish guy
January 11th, 2020, 00:46
During my recent visit to Pattaya I came across falang of both sexes with opened bottles of beer in their hands and drinking by the roadside or while riding the songtheow. They were clearly not Irish, ?

Ha thanks for the instant assumption there :-) I'm glad to hear my fellow Countrymen were, for once, beyond reproach ! :)

gerefan2
January 11th, 2020, 03:37

I went to a school for children of military personnel, in a former British Colony in the Far East, for a number of years.

The Headmaster told us one day in Assembly that we were all ambassadors and that the local people would judge our country by our behaviour. It was good advice which I have always remembered.

Moses
January 11th, 2020, 03:57
I went to a school for children of military personnel, in a former British Colony in the Far East, for a number of years.

The Headmaster told us one day in Assembly that we were all ambassadors and that the local people would judge our country by our behaviour. It was good advice which I have always remembered.

it is 10-days holidays in Russia. Cheap flights. So you now have "pleasure" to watch Russian rednecks from Siberia and their behavior.

poshglasgow
January 11th, 2020, 04:05
2 bottles...and a service provided impaled on my erect member

dinagam
January 11th, 2020, 07:54
Afterall, Russia gave us Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky, Rimsky-Kosakov, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Kandinsky.......the list goes on.

In those days the high society Russians used French as a first language. Russian was used when giving instructions to the hoi polloi.

dinagam
January 11th, 2020, 08:14
it is 10-days holidays in Russia. Cheap flights. So you now have "pleasure" to watch Russian rednecks from Siberia and their behavior.

The ones I shared the songtheow with were quite sober and not loud, just going about their way in a nonchalant manner, taking a sip or two from the bottles in their hands. Only once I came across a rather loud and excitable young gay couple who had probably left their inhibitions in Russia and was enjoying themselves in Pattaya for the first time.

On the other hand, some others speaking English and foreign tongues could be unnecessarily loud obviously from a drink too many.

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2020, 08:20
love watchng drunk rednecks act up..all the lovely testosterone fueled by alcohol..

a447
January 11th, 2020, 13:16
I don't have a problem with people who drink sensibly in public.

The Russians' reputation for bad behaviour may stem from what they get up to in Walking Street, but I've never had a problem with them in a gay bar or on the song theow. Or, in fact, anywhere. I've seen them drink but not overly drunk.

Zebedee
January 15th, 2020, 19:27
During my recent visit to Pattaya I came across falang of both sexes with opened bottles of beer in their hands and drinking by the roadside or while riding the songtheow.
They were clearly not Irish, Scottish, or Aussies. Is drinking alcohol permissible on public transport in seaside towns in the developed countries?

Did you "forget" to mention the English dinagam? Or was that behaviour ...in your mind....unthinkable!

dinagam
January 15th, 2020, 20:25
Zebedee. You think too much.
Let them enjoy themselves.

Zebedee
January 15th, 2020, 20:55
Yes of course dinagam.

we'll put your initial observation down to a Freudian Slip - "an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings".

Bottoms up!