PDA

View Full Version : Xmas dinner in Pattaya

lonelywombat
December 20th, 2019, 04:16
Surprised to see the bitching re xmas dinner in Bangkok. Disappointed to see nothing re Xmas dinner in Pattaya

Yupins circular to clients is pricey and deigned for those who can afford or want to pay for a posh Xmas dinner.

He oversells his place but that is his privilege as he is writing to his client base. I have not included all details

Dont read on if you cannot afford to

Hi,

My goodness, time has flown past and here we are again on the doorstep of Christmas, our lovely Pagan/Christian festival in the winter to celebrate renewal.I think that’s right, but do correct me otherwise.
Its the time we can all legally stuff ourselves with as many goodies that we can find, chocolates, sherry, beef, turkey, salmon, sauces, and anything gooey.
Then collapse on the sofa and watch the speeches and the news.

In some countries this is done on the 24th Dec, and others on the 25th December.
I suppose if you do it on the 24th and like it, you can do it again on the 25th. Sounds good to me.

At Yupins Restaurant we try to cover both these days, so we have 3 sittings on both days. 2pm, 5pm and 8pm.
We still have some tables free on both days so if you would like a nice affordable Christmas Lunch or Dinner, now is the time to call and make a booking.
081 772 0679
Or
087 062 9672.

SIZZLING PRAWNS ARE AN OPTION, FOR AN EXTRA 100 BAHT.
[/FONT]

Here is the final Christmas Menu: I DELETED THIS FOR SPACE PROBLEMS. CAN POST IF THERE IS INTEREST

And of course we have a large selection of very nice ‘easy drinking’ wines from all over the world, thoughtfully chosen by Mr Yupin!
Mr Yupin says he has carefully selected a variety of grapes in wines, usually in red wines he has Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, and in white wines, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. He stocks New World wines, largely, all very juicy and with great colour, especially notable are the New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs from Marlborough, and the Australian wines like Oxford Landing, Yalumba, Lindemans, Wyndham Estate, Stonefish, Wolf Blass, Penfolds. Oooh Yummy.
He also has a couple of Carminere’s from Chile, and a wide choice of Rose’s and sparkling wines.
So, that’s the wines which are usually a part of our Christmas celebrations, and the choices are heatedly discussed for days beforehand.

Here is a complete list of our wines with prices: NOTE I DELETED THIS FOR SPACE PROBLEM CAN POST IF INTEREST

NEW YEAR’S EVE, 31ST DECEMBER:

We are open for bookings on New Years Eve, 31st December, this is highly recommended.
Our regular menu is available. It is a very large choice of meals, as you know, so many different choices are accommodated.
But, it is a good idea to book soonish!!

Marsilius
December 20th, 2019, 07:42
Occasionally critical of Yupins in the past, I will nevertheless be eating there on 25 December as my two falang friends rather enjoy the place. As, however, I have been invited for Christmas Eve dinner at Le Normandie in Bangkok - at, I hasten to add, someone else's expense! - I fear that whatever Yupins lays on will inevitably be something of a culinary anti-climax.

gerefan2
December 20th, 2019, 08:35
. I have not included all details

Dont read on if you cannot afford to!

Sooo pricey you cannot or dare not tell us the price?

francois
December 20th, 2019, 10:32
Here it is; 995 Baht.

a447
December 20th, 2019, 10:51
Nice to see they've also put Thai food on the menu - no doubt to cater for the "friend" accompanying the farang. Although I think I'd also go for A Thai dish from that menu.

I'll be having KFC. It's a Japanese tradition.

Brad the Impala
December 20th, 2019, 13:25
I have been invited for Christmas Eve dinner at Le Normandie in Bangkok - at, I hasten to add, someone else's expense!

A long long time ago the Maitre D' of the Normandie was an outrageous and flamboyant French size queen named Monsieur/Madame Raymond. After overseeing the evening in the then very formal restaurant at the top of the Oriental(do guests still have to wear a jacket and tie?), he transformed into the biggest and most shameless slut I have ever known, and I've known a few. No man was safe from his enquiring hands. He always sat in the front seat of taxis so that he could get to know the driver better.

I always thought, if this evenings guests could see you now! He introduced me to Concerto D'Aranjuez, which he loved because he had played it constantly on a drive across Spain with the love of his life. I'm reminded of his trip whenever I play it.

Marsilius
December 20th, 2019, 14:18
A long long time ago the Maitre D' of the Normandie was an outrageous and flamboyant French size queen named Monsieur/Madame Raymond. After overseeing the evening in the then very formal restaurant at the top of the Oriental(do guests still have to wear a jacket and tie?)...

A jacket, apparently - it's the first time I've ever included one in Thailand-bound luggage - but no longer a tie. I will report back.