PDA

View Full Version : Ian Read, Cafe Royale

August 7th, 2006, 08:24
I was saddened to learn from the "Weekly Report"of Ian's passing. I will miss his great smile and wonderful sense of humor.

andrewcraig
August 8th, 2006, 06:17
I was saddened to learn from the "Weekly Report"of Ian's passing. I will miss his great smile and wonderful sense of humor.

It is so sad that less than a year after the death of Ian McKnight comes the death of "Big" Ian.
With Robbie in poor health, one has to wonder what direction Cafe Royale might go...

Is that guy that used to manage Charleys in soi 3 still there?

Haven't heard yet what their plans are for the future. but Mick, formerly of Charlies on Pattayaland Soi 1 (long gone, now) is still at Cafe Royale, and will obviously have a lot more responsibility.

I guess I posted this to gaypattayan weekly report wrongly, but the reply I think is relevant. Mick of course how could I forget his name. Now Big Ian is not around to the work the late night shift. it will be interesting to see if Mick can re create the old friendly and welcoming atmosphere of Charlies.

catawampuscat
August 8th, 2006, 18:33
I was told Ian was cremated at Wat Chai in Pattaya and members of his family were in attendance as well as his long time companion..
I would have attended if it were possible but was advised my friends that it was a standing room only crowd and I am glad so many went
to pay their respects.. It would be nice if some on this forum would show a little respect and not show us how big a jerk they can be..

lonelywombat
August 8th, 2006, 18:35
I was told Ian was cremated at Wat Chai in Pattaya and members of his family were in attendance as well as his long time companion..
I would have attended if it were possible but was advised my friends that it was a standing room only crowd and I am glad so many went
to pay their respects.. It would be nice if some on this forum would show a little respect and not show us how big a jerk they can be..

Thank you for that "cat". I totally agree.

August 9th, 2006, 15:20
I feel very sad that Ian has passed away. Even though I have never met him, it sounds like he was such a very nice person. I can only hope that if and when I get old enough to retire, that I can live within such a caring and close community as Pattaya, one where others remember to say a few kind words when I pass on.
:flower: