PDA

View Full Version : Brazil

paperboy
December 15th, 2019, 23:51
Just back from my 3 weeks south american trip.. Last few years been going to Cuba. So i thought lets go back to Brazil, and iam glad i did.
Absoulty amazing, more free sex than Cuba. But ive done the golden sin, ive fallen in love.
So many openly open gay boys around. But i have to mention a place called Buzios, if you ever get a chance give this place a try, world class beaches with world class boys

Jellybean
December 16th, 2019, 00:30
Lucky you, paperboy! When you have had some time to relax and get back into your old routine, perhaps you might spare time to give us some details.

Hmmm . . . I've had a few holiday romances in my time, on two occasions I arranged for the guys to come and live with me when I lived in London, but that's, as they say, another story. ;)

Brad the Impala
December 16th, 2019, 20:48
Hi Paperboy,

Do you speak Spanish for Cuba, or Portugese for Brazil? Although we enjoyed our trip to Cuba very much, we did think that one of us should learn some Spanish before returning! Especially useful outside Havana.

Seconding the request for more details, when you have time.

latintopxxx
December 17th, 2019, 00:45
Am really surprised that Brazil was better than Cuba, never been to Cuba but from all accounts its practically a non-stop orgy from the moment you land.

goji
December 17th, 2019, 10:47
Just back from my 3 weeks south american trip.. Last few years been going to Cuba. So i thought lets go back to Brazil, and iam glad i did.
Absoulty amazing, more free sex than Cuba. But ive done the golden sin, ive fallen in love.
So many openly open gay boys around. But i have to mention a place called Buzios, if you ever get a chance give this place a try, world class beaches with world class boys

Was it safe to stroll about at any time of day or night, without needing armed security ?

paperboy
December 18th, 2019, 17:21
thanks everyone
yes i do speak spanish, and some Portugese.
You do not need armed security, just your wits about you, But as i mentioned above Buzios, must be one of the safest places ive ever been to in south America.
Every holiday and every counrty gives you something diferent, Yes cuba is amazing, sex on tap, but its let down with the lack of class, and food. While Brazil has everything i wanted on this holiday. Also the exchange was great 1 euro / 4.55 reals. great valeu for money, What Thailand used to give me, long time ago now. This year i seen buying a GT in BKK was more expensive than London, Madrid, its time to move on.

Bert
December 19th, 2019, 03:38
Dear paperboy,
The only reason I did not visit Brazil yet, was the security issue. I heard so many bad stories about unsafety in the cities overthere that I chose a few times for Havana, where you are VERY safe walking the streets day or night, as an independent traveller. So I'm pleasantly surprised that you really had a good time in Brazil.
Did you visit Rio too?

latintopxxx
December 19th, 2019, 03:42
Have been to Brazil, mainly rio and sap paulo with a few side trips to country towns 2 to 3 hours inland by car. All perfectly safe as long as you dress and act like a local. No flashy devices or necklaces or cameras. Dont flash big wads of cash. Keep to the decent looking areas, avoid obviously poor areas.

goji
December 19th, 2019, 21:17
When on holiday, I like to be able to walk about anywhere I fancy up to 1:00 am.
I don't have any fancy watches or other tat, but do expect to carry a little cash and a smartphone for navigation. Even dressing like a local, I'm going to look like a gringo.
Then the boys are more big macho tops than the skinny twinky bottoms I like.

catawampuscat
August 13th, 2020, 14:18
There’s a current trip report on boytoy.com by numazu on his trip to Brazil, which reopened to foreigners recently.
He’s arguably the best trip report writer on all gay forums..

christianpfc
August 13th, 2020, 23:38
Thanks for the note.

The Reopening of Brazil to Foreigners: some observations
By numazu1, Monday at 04:56 AM in Latin America Men and Destinations
https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/32503-the-reopening-of-brazil-to-foreigners-some-observations/

Under the current situation (SEAsia closed probably for much longer than I thought), Brazil and Columbia are on my radar.
But the first thing that pops up (both German government travel advice and boytoy) is safety issues.
But by winter I will be more horny than cautious and might take the risks.

siscu58
August 14th, 2020, 01:16
a place called Buzios, if you ever get a chance give this place a try, world class beaches with world class boys

Can you please tell us what kind of available boys is it in Buzios? Are there any gay places? bars, saunas, discos? are these boys engaged in commercial sex?
I have friends in Buzios and would like to pay them a visit if it is worth the trip. thanks

catawampuscat
August 17th, 2020, 18:04
There’s a second poster with a brief recent trip report to Brazil boytoy.com

christianpfc
August 17th, 2020, 21:53
This one: https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/32479-brazil-reopened-to-tourists/
Brazil reopened to tourists By Riobard, July 30 in Latin America Men and Destinations

My interest in Brazil is growing. Research so far is positive: as a German national I can stay 90 days visa-free, currently there are flights at reasonable prices and times, all I need is a health insurance and I'm free to go!
I'm not afraid of covid. But of street crime, which is something I have to judge by myself once I'm there (if/when I go).

latintopxxx
August 18th, 2020, 06:20
been to Brazil many many times, street crime has never bothered me, just use common sense as in dont wander down unlit or deserted/quiet streets, and keep to established neighbourhoods. In Sao Paulo I stay in the Frei Caneca street area, its very gay, lots of cruising in the shooping centers...so much so that at peak times they post a security guard in the toilets to tone down the activities.
In Rio I stay in Ipanema, have never had any issues with security.
Have traveled to smaller regional towns, have had lots of fun there too, for USD20 one can buy just about anything.
Only thing that stops me now is covid, the Brazilian health system is completely overwhelmed and its a nightmare.

speedoo1
September 6th, 2020, 21:10
Under the current situation (SEAsia closed probably for much longer than I thought), Brazil and Columbia are on my radar.

Are you sure you are considering Columbia? It is in the US. Your budget will not get you very far there :mocking_mini:

Columbia is in the US; Colombia is a country in South America. For your own sake, many colombianos will take offence if you spell their country name as "Columbia".

christianpfc
September 8th, 2020, 01:20
I mean Colombia, written like the Spanish name Cristóbal Colón of Christopher Columbus, whereas in German Kolumbien written like Christoph Kolumbus, the German name of Christopher Columbus. Even the best ones can get confused of this.

goji
September 8th, 2020, 05:50
I believe Spanish speakers tend to spell the United Kingdom as Reinido Unido.

Now we're only changing the spelling of Colombia by one letter, so they ought to be a little more tolerant. Although, I would still try to remember that when in Colombia, spell it how they prefer.

Reminds me. Many years ago, in my local branch of Tescos, they had some bananas labelled up with the origin as "British Columbia". Now I've not actually been there, but I'm pretty damn sure the frost would finish off any Canadian banana plantations.

siscu58
September 22nd, 2020, 00:10
Christian hasn't showed up for quite a long time. I wonder if he is busy cruising the public toilets in Rio de Janeiro.

christianpfc
September 26th, 2020, 19:43
I'm just back in Germany from my trip to Brazil. Reports will follow.