View Full Version : So based on the posts here then so is High Season - in full swing ...OR..... ???

Nirish guy
December 14th, 2019, 01:47
So based on the number of posts here and the content of same just wondering "is High Season in full swing now then ...OR ....not perhaps ???

Usually a this time of year the board gets busier with "flying next week, cant wait to arrive" or "just arrived the place is buzzing" ( or the opposite more perhaps of late ! But not seeing too many such posts kicking in this year (yet ?) so maybe a week or two too early perhaps or are a lot of us, myself included, simply not bothering to travel to LOS this Christmas - and if not are we all heading off elsewhere perhaps ??

If nothing else on a plus point for those who ARE going anywhere thanks to Boris and his election victory the pound has rallied quite a bit (at long last !)

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 02:50
If nothing else on a plus point for those who ARE going anywhere thanks to Boris and his election victory the pound has rallied quite a bit (at long last !)My three quid membership of the Labour Party to get Jeremy Corbyn elected leader has been handsomely rewarded

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 05:03
So based on the number of posts here and the content of same just wondering "is High Season in full swing now then ...OR ....not perhaps ???I'd have thought the tenor of recent threads suggests that Thailand's "gay" heyday is over. As for the so-called "high season" - in recent years it's shrunk to two weeks, from the weekend before Xmas Day to the weekend after New Year's Day. The number of Western-based tourists overall is well down; it's Indian and Chinese tourists who make up the numbers now

riverdee
December 14th, 2019, 05:35
think this will be my last visit am over Dec 27 for three weeks my favourite was sunee am so sad to see the decline over the last 10 years or so

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 05:41
Pattaya's fucked apparently - https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138617-customers-in-pattaya%E2%80%99s-famous-bars-and-nightclubs-down-a-whopping-40/

dab69
December 14th, 2019, 07:11
Have never visited during the holidays- plane tics WAY higher.
ALWAYS went during the cheap ticket month of February to return home to less cold USA weather in March.

Christmas-New Year ticket prices approach First Class ticket prices.
I would rather have a boy get that money and this year he did!

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 07:35
It hasn't stopped well-known rice queen Apple's Tim Cook from visiting - https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379404
https://tech-disruption.com/2018/08/10/tim-cooks-ex-has-a-new-partner/

latintopxxx
December 14th, 2019, 07:45
tim cooks ex is gorgeous...his new partner is super fab

arsenal
December 14th, 2019, 08:12
"It hasn't stopped well-known rice queen Apple's Tim Cook from visiting - "

Posted at 02.35am (Bavaria time) from the Schloss von Scnhnitzel. The sound of the glockenspiel keeping you up?

dab69
December 14th, 2019, 08:14
Tim "Apple"?

a447
December 14th, 2019, 09:03
These days high season or low season- it doesn't matter because I've got regulars to "take care" of me. I rarely go to bars these days in Pattaya and normally hang out in just one bar in Bsngkok.

I used to spend Christmas and New Year in Thailand but haven't done so for quite a few years. I go to Japan with friends instead. We are flying out next week. They love a drink and good food, so I'm looking forward to introducing them to my favourite "izakaya" pubs.

I'm going with a group of straight friends, so there won't be any trip report - unless they suddenly decide they are gender fluid!

I might head up to Bangkok after I get back from Japan. By that time, any high season will probably be over.

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 09:23
These days high season or low season- it doesn't matter because I've got regulars to "take care" of me. It's a thankless task but someone has to do it

gerefan2
December 14th, 2019, 14:56
Pattaya's fucked apparently - https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138617-customers-in-pattaya%E2%80%99s-famous-bars-and-nightclubs-down-a-whopping-40/

Don’t knock it freaky ...it’s all peace and quiet in Sunne and Soi 17. Those louts on motor bikes aren’t here either. Let’s hope it’s permanent!

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 15:09
Don’t knock it freaky ...it’s all peace and quiet in Sunne and Soi 17. Those louts on motor bikes aren’t here either. Let’s hope it’s permanent!Pattaya businesses going broke through lack of customers? What, me worry?

goji
December 14th, 2019, 15:45
I'm not quite sure if it's 8 or 9 gogo bars remaining in Pattaya, However at 10:30pm on a Friday, I was the only customer in one of them.

I used to spend Christmas and New Year in Thailand but haven't done so for quite a few years. I go to Japan with friends instead. We are flying out next week.
Renting entertainment there gets a bit expensive, although they are certainly very professional. Also, Tokyo risks only being a tad warmer than the UK, whereas in Thailand, it's guaranteed to be shorts and T-shirt weather.

pong
December 14th, 2019, 19:25
Renting entertainment there gets a bit expensive, although they are certainly very professional. Also, Tokyo risks only being a tad warmer than the UK, whereas in Thailand, it's guaranteed to be shorts and T-shirt weather.

NO sir, its cold here in BKK! Came here some 20 days ago to return over 10-just fulfilling the max 30 and since a week or 2 temp has gone down a lot, esp when sun is under. Quite early and also during much longer as Thai winter -usually only 3-4 nights. So everywhere are warm woollens-or rather 2nd hd ex JPN and Korea jackets and sweaters and long trousers. And you need them. Even the fan or AC can be turned off. The juiceman shuts up early-noone wants icey cold drinks.
As for non-Silom touristy areas: since a few days it suddenly indeed gets much more crowded with holidaying farang.
Silom, now as we talk about it, will again be pedestrianised SUNdays afternoon=walking street. Expect giant traffic jams all around as about noone seems to know about it.

a447
December 14th, 2019, 20:39
Also, Tokyo risks only being a tad warmer than the UK, whereas in Thailand, it's guaranteed to be shorts and T-shirt weather.

Today it was 16 degrees in Tokyo. Wednesday is going to be 18! Incredible.

When I was a kid I'd be playing in snow. I can't even remember when I last saw snow in Tokyo.

Christmas and New Year is the cooler time of the year in Thailand and that's a bonus, but I don't go there for the weather. And anyway, my city is forecast to have it's 4th consecutive day above 40 degrees tomorrow and everyone copes ok.

poshglasgow
December 14th, 2019, 21:29
think this will be my last visit am over Dec 27 for three weeks my favourite was sunee am so sad to see the decline over the last 10 years or so

Any areas of the world capturing your attention as an alternative venue?

Nirish guy
December 14th, 2019, 22:07
Personally I ( and my bf) are heading to Gran Canaria ( again :-( ) just, but mainly as it's much closer and my BF needs to be back for his work and hopefully we'll still be reasonably sure of at least SOME sunshine whilst away hopefully ......plus I know I'll not end up spending 2 or 3K for that trip either which is another small but added bonus ! I'll keep my Thailand powder dry until Songkran this year I think now just.

goji
December 14th, 2019, 22:43
NO sir, its cold here in BKK! Came here some 20 days ago to return over 10-just fulfilling the max 30 and since a week or 2 temp has gone down a lot, esp when sun is under. Quite early and also during much longer as Thai winter -usually only 3-4 nights. So everywhere are warm woollens-or rather 2nd hd ex JPN and Korea jackets and sweaters and long trousers. And you need them. Even the fan or AC can be turned off.

We must be in different countries !
I've spent the last week and a half in Thailand. Bangkok followed by Pattaya !

In the hours when I was outside, ie between 9:00 am and midnight, shorts and T-shirt were always sufficient.
Even when they had the cold snap, it always seemed to be above 20 C by 9:00 Am. I have, however, hardly needed the aircon.
Quoting the minimum temperatures just before sunrise has no relevance to the farang on holiday, as he doesn't have to get out of bed then. When I was out and about, the temperature was fine.

As for Tokyo in December, of course the MAX daily temp might get to 18 C, during a mild spell. But this is by no means guaranteed.

Forecast for Sunday 15 Dec.
UK: Max 7 MIN 4 (For my place of residence)
Tokyo: Max 10 Min 1
Pattaya: Max 32 Min 23

Even during the cold spell, the temperature in Bangkok seemed to creep into the high 20s during the day. Perhaps something like 28 C. That's classed as a hot summer day in England.

The only time I have been properly cold in SE Asia was during a cold spell in Central Laos.

Jellybean
December 15th, 2019, 00:01
. . . Usually a this time of year the board gets busier with "flying next week, cant wait to arrive" or "just arrived the place is buzzing" . . .

Not flying out next week, but I shall be flying out next month and staying for three glorious months. Previously, I used to fly out for six months from October/November, but that was when I owned property in Thailand, but now I shall be renting (in more ways than one! :) ) and three months sounds enough. And it will be covered by a 90 day visa, which I obtained a few weeks ago. Hurrah! That means no more hideous time spent at the immigration office at Chaeng Watanna, stressing if my visa paperwork is in order, worrying if I have complied with their latest mind boggling rule change and then fretting about getting a taxi back to the nearest Sky-train station at BTS Mo Chit! Oh what joy!

. . . If nothing else on a plus point for those who ARE going anywhere thanks to Boris and his election victory the pound has rallied quite a bit (at long last !)

Ah yes, I was waiting to see if there would be a ‘Boris Bounce’ (we can add that one to Boris Bikes and Boris Bridge) in the exchange rates if he won the general election, before I transferred funds to my Thai bank account.

Personally I ( and my bf) are heading to Gran Canaria ( again :-( ) just, but mainly as it's much closer and my BF needs to be back for his work and hopefully we'll still be reasonably sure of at least SOME sunshine whilst away hopefully ......plus I know I'll not end up spending 2 or 3K for that trip either which is another small but added bonus ! I'll keep my Thailand powder dry until Songkran this year I think now just.

Ah Gran Canaria! Wow! How lucky you are, NIrish-guy! I think it is a reasonable four and half hour flight from London, not the 18-20 hour ordeal to Thailand. Oh what happy memories I have of the many, many, winter holidays (and some summer holidays) spent at Playa del Ingles, on the beaches of Maspalomas and with lots and lots of great night-time activity at the Yumbo Centre. Hmmm . . . I think the last time I went there was in 2000 or maybe 2001. :(

Brad the Impala
December 15th, 2019, 00:40
Ah Gran Canaria! Wow! How lucky you are, NIrish-guy! I think it is a reasonable four and half hour flight from London, not the 18-20 hour ordeal to Thailand.(

20 hour flight from London to Thailand?! That must be a very scenic route.

Jellybean
December 15th, 2019, 00:46

I was including transit time at either Doha or Dubai (depending on which airline I had chosen), Brad the Impala. :)

Nirish guy
December 15th, 2019, 02:43
........ holidays) spent at Playa del Ingles, on the beaches of Maspalomas and with lots and lots of great night-time activity at the Yumbo Centre. Hmmm . . . I think the last time I went there was in 2000 or maybe 2001. :(

Ha trust me I'm guessing that nothing much has changed since your last trip there and your itinerary is basically our same holiday plan when there most years still !

Our hotel is just 2 minutes from the Yumbo Centre with it's 30 or 40 gay bars and shows etc and is a 10 minute gentle stroll from the beach. Actually last year for the first time we decided to walk from our place to the "gay beach" area and all I can say is FUCK THAT - never again, those sand dunes, OMG I felt like we were extras in Laurence of Arabia ffs ! Ha and mosting annoyingly after we finally walking away from that beach after what felt like miles and returned to the road we found a taxi back to our place, expecting it to be a long and expensive journey home, only to find we'd basically walked in one VERY large sweeping semi circle and were in fact only about 10 minutes away from where we started ! :)

Usually when there we also rent a jeep which enables us to get our of the one place and visit all the other smaller resort towns over the island and THEY for sure have developed a LOT since your last journey there, especially the likes of Puerto Rico etc. So yeah, whilst of course Asia it's not it is close, handy and easy for a short in our case 7 day break over christmas with the two of us managing to getting away for just under a grand for the two of us which included the flights and hotel.

riverdee
December 15th, 2019, 02:53
Hi posh really not sure always wanted to see what Cambodia is like and also South America appeals to me but will probably be back in Jomtien 2020/2021 and a big surprise here with Boris being elected PM and large majority has made the up and coming holiday wee bit more less expensive with the £ strengthening next worry is indyref2 but I am confident if another one is called she would loose it sorry to go off subject a wee bit but thanks for your reply,its appreciated

Nirish guy
December 15th, 2019, 04:24
indyref2 but I am confident if another one is called she would loose it

he eh I can almost feel Scottish Guy spitting those feathers or turning in his virtual grave here already if he's reading that ! lol

goji
December 15th, 2019, 08:15

There's a clue in the NIrish handle. If the start point is Ireland, it probably means an indirect flight. Then add on a couple of hours at each end and the timing is correct.

frequent
December 15th, 2019, 08:26
There's a clue in the NIrish handle. If the start point is Ireland, it probably means an indirect flight. Then add on a couple of hours at each end and the timing is correct.Sadly for that theory he was quoting Mr Jellybaby. There are direct flights from Munich (unless the plane gets commandeered)

latintopxxx
December 15th, 2019, 10:41
L:ord almighty omnipotent...some people r so stooopid...scary to think they can vote...probably explains brexit

frequent
December 15th, 2019, 10:58
L:ord almighty omnipotent...some people r so stooopid...scary to think they can vote...probably explains brexitWhat explains you?

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 11:54
After posting through the night you deserve a lovely breakfast of bratwurst and pumpernickel.

Daveuk
December 15th, 2019, 13:50

I visited Gran Canaria many times prior to discovering Thailand, on my own or with boyfriends. I loved afternoons on the Maspalomas beach gay section. I used to sunbathe nude or wearing a thong and flirt with other guys, sometimes going into the dunes with them, avoiding the cops.
Perhaps a return for me is in order, but unfortunately age has taken its toll and I haven’t got a beach body anymore.
Songkran in Thailand is for me a period to avoid - I’m hoping to have a couple of weeks in Bkk and Pats in Late February.

Brad the Impala
December 15th, 2019, 16:00
I was including transit time at either Doha or Dubai (depending on which airline I had chosen), Brad the Impala. :)

I've never understood the attraction of turning an 11/12 hour direct flight to Bangkok into an 18/20 hour indirect flight. The only times that I've flown via Doha or Dubai is when going to Phuket or Chiang Mai, and you are going to have to change planes at some point anyway.

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 16:57
"I've never understood the attraction of turning an 11/12 hour direct flight to Bangkok into an 18/20 hour indirect flight. The only times that I've flown via Doha or Dubai is when going to Phuket or Chiang Mai, and you are going to have to change planes at some point anyway."

It was a conversation with Nirish and there are NO direct flights from either NI or RoI.

Less trolling and you might be able to keep up.

Brad the Impala
December 15th, 2019, 17:12
It was a conversation with Nirish and there are NO direct flights from either NI or RoI.

My conversation was with Jellybean, your esteemed replacement as Moderator, and he was referring to flights between London and Bangkok. I would have thought that this was obvious.

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 17:53
Still trolling and still confused. See the correlation?

goji
December 15th, 2019, 17:53
Sadly for that theory he was quoting Mr Jellybaby. There are direct flights from Munich (unless the plane gets commandeered)
Thank you for correcting my error. I also wouldn't want to increase the risk of the plane getting commandeered by flying via the middle east.

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 18:01
"Thank you for correcting my error. I also wouldn't want to increase the risk of the plane getting commandeered by flying via the middle east."

Super clever frequent was exercising his obsession with all things siam head boy monarchical and referring to an incident some years ago.

Super clever freaky gets another teeny weiner LM onto the board.

dinagam
December 15th, 2019, 18:08
"Thank you for correcting my error. I also wouldn't want to increase the risk of the plane getting commandeered by flying via the middle east."

Super clever frequent was exercising his obsession with all things siam head boy monarchical and referring to an incident some years ago.

Super clever freaky gets another teeny weiner LM onto the board.

And he also gets to wear that fetching 'hot' Lederhosen anytime he wants...

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 18:16
Hahaha.
Don't say that. You'll have Brad on the first flight over there looking to cut himself a slice of the geriatric leather boys action.

goji
December 15th, 2019, 22:17
Well spotted.
Much less sophistication to my comment.

christianpfc
December 15th, 2019, 22:28
I've never understood the attraction of turning an 11/12 hour direct flight to Bangkok into an 18/20 hour indirect flight.
When I was flying from London or Paris, indirect flight would save 100 or 200 Euro and take up to 5 hours longer.
I happily spend 5 hours longer travel to save 100 Euro.

Now flying from/to Berlin, there are no direct flights (it's absurd; there are direct flights from Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich, Helsinki or Copenhagen, but not from Berlin), so that question does not arise.

Moggy
December 15th, 2019, 22:36
I agree if your traveling first class more time for Caviar and Dom Perignon.

Jellybean
December 16th, 2019, 00:16

I've never understood the attraction of turning an 11/12 hour direct flight to Bangkok into an 18/20 hour indirect flight. The only times that I've flown via Doha or Dubai is when going to Phuket or Chiang Mai, and you are going to have to change planes at some point anyway.

If memory serves me right, Brad the Impala, on my first two trips to Thailand I travelled with friends on Thai Airways direct flights. But, on each occasion the length of the flight caused me to feel highly anxious and some physical pain. If I am recalling correctly, travelling 11-12 hours in the enclosed space of an airplane cabin made me feel immensely uncomfortable. I felt deeply anxious, something akin to feeling stir crazy. And on the physical side, I was having at least one major operation a year on reconstructive surgery on my face, which entailed taking bone and tissue from my hips which, once airborne, resulted in a lot of pain in those areas and caused me difficulties in sitting for long periods.

On my third trip, I travelled alone to look at potential property to buy in Hua Hin. Friends in Hua Hin, who travelled to Thailand on a regular basis, recommended Qatar Airways as an alternative to Thai Airways, which meant a stop-over at Doha. A break in the flight really suited me as I was really eager to get off the plane, freshen up, stretch my legs and have a wander about the duty free shops or simply relax in one of the lounges. Then, on the suggestion of another friend, I switched to Business Class, which had a great effect in helping me to relax on the long flights and reduced my feelings of anxiety. And having a flatbed also helped ease my physical discomfort.

I think I used Qatar for 10 or 11 years until one year their prices were, for me, increased to an unacceptably high level. That’s when, again on the recommendation of friends, I switched over to Emirates, whose prices were and still are within my budget. I am entirely satisfied with the high quality of their service, but there is one issue which is a problem for me and that’s the bigger size of the airport at Dubai. I’m sure on one trip it took me nearly an hour to get from the arrival gate to the departure gate for my onward flight to Thailand. And on another trip the inbound flight was late and transit passengers were frogmarched (well, not literally, but at a tremendously fast rate when elderly passengers like myself already felt completely exhausted after the first flight) by an airline official through the airport to our departure gate. After that experience I opted for a slightly longer transit period of say two hours to factor in the length of time it now takes me to get from one gate to another and allow for some chill out and freshen up time. But sometimes it is not always possible to secure a booking with a short stopover and on those occasions three or four hour stopovers are not unknown, but still preferable to a long-haul direct flight.

Lastly, apologies to NIrish-guy for the slight derailment of your topic and apologies to Brad the Impala for the length of my reply, but I hope I have adequately explained that health issues are the principal reason I prefer travelling to Thailand using indirect flights.

francois
December 16th, 2019, 15:32
Jellybean, no need to explain your reasons for taking a longer flight; each to his own and no one else's business.

Brad the Impala
December 16th, 2019, 20:04
Jellybean, no need to explain your reasons for taking a longer flight; each to his own and no one else's business.

Mr Jellybean thank you for your very detailed explanation. Sorry for your troubles. It is indeed no one's business but your's. I was making a general point, with no intention to pry.

Jellybean
December 17th, 2019, 00:43
Mr Jellybean thank you for your very detailed explanation. Sorry for your troubles. It is indeed no one's business but your's. I was making a general point, with no intention to pry.

Thank you, Brad the Impala, but fear not, I did realise you were just making a general point and it never crossed my mind that you were being the least bit prying. If anything, it was my fault for writing at such length, something I had not intended, but I got quite carried away, as it were! :)

And, I had better make an effort to get back on topic, otherwise I shall incur the wrath of NIrish-guy and that wouldn’t do at all. So as an addendum to my post #21, I would add that I have just transferred funds, which I hope will be sufficient to cover three months, to my Thai bank account by online banking. Total charges were a reasonable £8.00 (or approx B322). So no turning back now!

As far as accommodation is concerned, I have arranged to rent an apartment at my old condo, but on a much higher floor – the 32nd. [Gulp!]

frequent
December 17th, 2019, 01:45
So as an addendum to my post #21, I would add that I have just transferred funds, which I hope will be sufficient to cover three months, to my Thai bank account by online banking. Total charges were a reasonable £8.00 (or approx B322). So no turning back now!Let's hope you've got the new 6-digit PIN on your Thai debit card sorted then :beee:

goji
December 17th, 2019, 07:41
Total charges were a reasonable £8.00 (or approx B322). So no turning back now!
That's very good, assuming your total charges include fees and exchange rate spread. Where did you go for this transfer ?

pong
December 17th, 2019, 20:12
I agree if your traveling first class more time for Caviar and Dom Perignon.

1st hardly exist anymore on airlines. Business will also do. PLUS in connecting flites you then can get lounge-access twice and sometimes even a hotel thrown in for free. Indeed there is often quite a big premum for non stop direct flites, as of course these are mostly also from the national pride-airline who can thus also charge extra for that reason. Is true for any class.
BTW-as from yester/today the cold blistery northpole winds here in BKK have ceased and its the usual ´T-shirt wheather´ again.

pong
December 17th, 2019, 20:13
That's very good, assuming your total charges include fees and exchange rate spread. Where did you go for this transfer ?

Transferwise? New system that many mention as being the most cost-effective and quick in getting funds from western country to any Thai bankaccount.

Jellybean
December 17th, 2019, 21:57
Let's hope you've got the new 6-digit PIN on your Thai debit card sorted then :beee:

Hmmm . . . I rather doubt I shall be able to obtain a new ATM/debit card until I arrive and personally attend at my bank. In the meantime we could meet up and you could lend me a few thousand Baht until my new card comes though. You know I’m good for a short-time loan. We could even meet up with your pal, StevieWonders. Now wouldn’t that be an unexpected treat. ;)

Alternatively, I could simply bring a wad of Thai bank notes to see me through the interim period until the bank issues me with a new card.

For many years, goji, I have gone to my bank and transferred sufficient funds to my Thai bank account at a cost of £25 (appox’ B995*) but in January 2018, for the first time, I was able to transfer funds using Barclays online banking, again at the much reduced cost of £8 which, it states, covers charges at both ends. Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by exchange rate spread.

. . . BTW-as from yester/today the cold blistery northpole winds here in BKK have ceased and its the usual ´T-shirt wheather´ again.

How very reassuring, pong. There’s no point leaving one cold climate to go to another. After all, it’s the lovely tropical weather that’s the main attraction for me. ;)

*At today’s exchange rate per the xe currency app.

Brad the Impala
December 18th, 2019, 00:53
We could even meet up with your pal, StevieWonders. Now wouldn’t that be an unexpected treat. ;)

First we had an ex moderator and now a current moderator suggesting that there is a very close relationship between StevieWonders and Frequent. So close that that they may be the same poster........Rather than this nudge nudge innuendo could one of you either substantiate the claim, in which case one or both of them should be removed from the board on the basis of using multiple handles. Or the moderators current and former should stop their own cosy club snide comments and aspersions.

Put more directly either put up or shut up!

frequent
December 18th, 2019, 01:23
Hmmm . . . I rather doubt I shall be able to obtain a new ATM/debit card until I arrive and personally attend at my bank. In the meantime we could meet up and you could lend me a few thousand Baht until my new card comes though.In the interests of transparency and full disclosure, both features of public life in Thailand, I fear that may be perceived as an attempt to suborn a Moderator. The apparently lively back channel between a447 and another poster should make us all careful of that

sglad
December 18th, 2019, 01:33
Put more directly either put up or shut up!

I think they would rather put out.

frequent
December 18th, 2019, 08:36
Opinion is divided on my time as mod and the percentage either way is of little interest to me. However, there were at least controls on frequent. a447 and I kept him on a leash.

There are no controls on him now and the result is clear. Multi handles that he doesn't even bother to hide and daily sticking his nose into the arsehole of LM.

Totally taking the piss out of the board and the management team safe with at least one nicely back pocketed. What a shit show.
https://youtu.be/A3yCcXgbKrE

arsenal
December 18th, 2019, 09:50
Job done.
Knew you'd bite. Haha.

Pavlov's dog?

Patanawet
December 18th, 2019, 13:23
If you want to see High Season, try Silom Soi 4 from about ten p.m. any night.
Sorry to drag this back to the original title of this thread.