PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Bangkok

StevieWonders
December 3rd, 2019, 10:09
Here for 60 days. Arrived on my Qantas flight from Sydney more or less on time. Breezed through the Seniors & Families queue. The fingerprint thingy was not as bad as I'd been told, didnt take much longer than the last time as I remember it. Took an AOT limo to my friend's condo behind Bangkok Bank on Silom.

Yes I got laid the first night. Had dinner in the terrace outside the G restaurant. That owner really is the total PITA that others have said very OTT with customers he knows and my friend is one of those but its a good place to watch the passing parade. One or two farang with boys eating there. Saw many twinks going into Banana Bar opposite so we went there afterwards. My friend "gave" me the off fee by paying the bar for both the boys we took and all the drinks as a welcome present so I dont know what that came to. My guy was happy with 1500 baht and was a great little performer.

Monday went for a walk down Silom. The new building on the corner of Convent does not seem to be going up very quickly. My friend told me Dean & Deluca there is very popular with ex-pat farang but when I went found out its closed now. We had lunch at some Indian restaurant in the basement of Silom Complex. No one can equal arsenals restaurant reviews so I wont bother but if you like Indian its worth a visit. Later had drinks and dinner at Balcony. A waiter called V is a favourite of my friend and gives good service.

Even though I promised myself to play the field the boy from the previous night had seen me walk down the street and messaged me on Line about a repeat performance. If your onto a good thing I always say.

CambodiaVisitor
December 5th, 2019, 02:43
Love your review. Are you planning to go to Babylon? Older guys like us usually have a lot of fun there. At least I do

StevieWonders
December 6th, 2019, 08:14
Love your review. Are you planning to go to Babylon? Older guys like us usually have a lot of fun there. At least I do
No I prefer to know where the cock I will be sucking has been before I start to play and I prefer to know that it was showered where I am staying.

I finished my last post by saying if your on a good thing and my word what a good thing the Banana Bar boy has been. I have not been taking him out to meals or shopping which seems to be what a lot of lonely tourists here do but fortunately Im staying with a friend.

My friend had an interesting experience just before I arrived. Two Vietnamese boys contacted him on Grindr saying they were brothers and offering a 4 hands massage. He was desperate I think and he agreed. Usually he avoids the Vietnamese boys, thinks there hopeless. Anyway these two turned up, obviously late teens early twenties, massage was OK he said but they had no idea how to deliver a happy ending properly. When they went to shower he checked their passports which they had with them. Not brothers it seems, and both under eighteen. He got rid of them as quick as possible and blocked them on Grindr as soon as they were out of the building. Always have to be super careful I guess.

Soi 4. We tried Fork & Cork previously Sphinx. Pleasant but over priced. Afterwards had a drink at Welcome Bar. Heres a tip. Dont sit underneath the television set. The waiters all look at it all the time and the boys from that gogo bar opposite (Jupiter?) also sit out on their verandah and look at it too. That means you think there looking at you. Someone told me the waiters at Welcome only get 200 a night and as there all Burmese or Cambodians they dont complain.

I went for a massage in a shop behind Bangkok Bank near the condo where Im staying. There were a couple of boys working there but they gave me a girl. She did a good massage but a bit of a heifer if you know what I mean.

Not much else to report. Sorry but Im hear for 60 days so I want to get into a routine.

goji
December 6th, 2019, 21:02
If I go to a massage place and after asking for a boy, they allocate a girl, then I leave.
The last time this happened was in Siem Reap. I sent the girl away, they sent a different girl and I then left. The couple in the next 2 bays also decided to leave with no massage for some reason.

frequent
December 7th, 2019, 02:26
If I go to a massage place and after asking for a boy, they allocate a girl, then I leave. The last time this happened was in Siem Reap. I sent the girl away, they sent a different girl and I then left. The couple in the next 2 bays also decided to leave with no massage for some reason.I once went to that massage shop on the corner of the DJ Station alleyway and was asked whether I wanted a boy or a girl. I replied "Up to you" so the girl who'd shown me inside stayed with me. Towards the end she lunged at the crown jewels. I told her I wasn't interested and she replied "You can ask for a boy!". However I was just after a massage; maybe that's what Steve was after too and didn't care about the masseur's gender

StevieWonders
December 9th, 2019, 08:22
You are right frequent I was there for the massage not for some hanky panky

So I've been here a week - seven more to go. Trying to be in relaxed holiday mood so its not bars boys and booze every night. Settled into a routine here but still waking up a bit earlier than I like. Breakfast at home. Go for a walk end up somewhere for coffee. Found a small gay coffee bar in Soi Pipat. Rainbow flag in window seems to be run by a lesbian who speaks good english. Wifi but no comfortable seats, mostly stools and benches. Nothing with a back to it. But its OK. Called "Unnamed". Coffee Club also a bit further up the Soi towards Chong Nonsi. Or theres a Au Bonne Pain around the corner in Naratiwas near the Sathorn corner. Lunch is out or at home dinner the opposite.

I still keep seeing the Banana Bar boy. At my age I only need sex every two days or so. He is one or two days and boys from Grindr the other days. Amazed at the prices got an offer of 1000 baht on the weekend. Took it. Good performer. Might see him again. Sauna Mania is just down the road but Im not tempted. Decided on two massages a week.

Ill probably go to one of the Thailand Philharmonic Spanish concerts the weekend before Xmas. Thanks to christianpfc for his tips about other cultural places.

If we go out to dinner its Soi 4. I think Ive settled on Balcony as being my favourite place there for both drinks and dinner.

goji
December 9th, 2019, 20:31
I have just been staying on Soi Pipat for 4 days and missed the gay coffee bar. All the business went to Starbucks, True and Au Bon Pain.
Must try harder next time.

The taste of the coffee at Gafae in Pattaya beats all of these chains. However, I'm still cautious trying new coffee shops, as quite a few of the Thai independents seem to offer some shitty bitter Robusta blend.

joshhb
December 10th, 2019, 16:08
The best coffee around Soi 3 is Joey's Coffee. His stall is down the sub-soi opposite the 7-11, about 30m into the market. Great quality beans from Chiang Mai, and only 40 Baht. Joey is quite cute as well.

joshhb
December 10th, 2019, 16:10
The best coffee near Soi 3 is Joey's coffee. His stall is 30m down the sub-soi almost opposite 7-11. He uses coffee grown around Chiang Mai. Only 40 Baht.

Marsilius
December 10th, 2019, 18:04
Has Joey become less cute between 10.08 am and 10.10 am?

billyhouston
December 10th, 2019, 19:38
Hillkoff in Chiang Mai provides beans grown in the hills around here. Their 'Italian Espresso' is pure Arabica and what we use, BUT there is a school of thought (originating in Italy?) which suggests that the addition of some Robusta improves the taste. We also have several small coffee roasters in town for those with more refined tastes. :-)

Jellybean
December 10th, 2019, 23:04
. . . So I've been here a week - seven more to go. Trying to be in relaxed holiday mood so its not bars boys and booze every night. Settled into a routine here but still waking up a bit earlier than I like. Breakfast at home. Go for a walk end up somewhere for coffee. Found a small gay coffee bar in Soi Pipat. Rainbow flag in window seems to be run by a lesbian who speaks good english. Wifi but no comfortable seats, mostly stools and benches. Nothing with a back to it. But its OK. Called "Unnamed". Coffee Club also a bit further up the Soi towards Chong Nonsi. Or there's a Au Bonne Pain around the corner in Naratiwas near the Sathorn corner. Lunch is out or at home dinner the opposite . . .

An interesting and informative series of trip reports, if I may so so, StevieWonders. I look forward to your next instalment. If all goes to plan, I should be in Bangkok in five weeks time, after an all too long enforced absence.

The best coffee around Soi 3 is Joey's Coffee. His stall is down the sub-soi opposite the 7-11, about 30m into the market. Great quality beans from Chiang Mai, and only 40 Baht. Joey is quite cute as well.

And welcome to the forum joshhb! I’m not a coffee lover, but will look in on Joey’s and see if he serves iced chocolate and will report back if he’s looking particularly cute on the day of my visit. :)

When in Thailand I enjoy an iced chocolate and cookie several times a week, which is perhaps too often, because I am known by name at four Starbucks outlets in the Silom and Sathorn area! And, sadly, one reason why Thai bar-boys have an all too frequent tendency to say to me - Oh! khun pung-pheuy!* :(

*Which, I think, roughly translates into something like – Oh! You have a fat belly!

frequent
December 11th, 2019, 05:32
The best coffee near Soi 3 is Joey's coffee. His stall is 30m down the sub-soi almost opposite 7-11. He uses coffee grown around Chiang Mai. Only 40 Baht.Is that sub-soi the back passage that leads from Soi 3 to Soi 5 and so to Villa Mart? If so I believe I’ve seen Joey’s stall but - fond though I am of back passages - have never been tempted as I prefer somewhere comfortable to sit and relax. There are one or two coffee shops in the lane that runs alongside the 7-11 as well as in Soi 3 itself between the 7-11 and Silom Serene Hotel. I’ve been to Unnamed but thought it too pricey for what you get

Were I not Christmasing at my schloss on the lake here in Bavaria I’d offer to show Stevie around some of those places

arsenal
December 13th, 2019, 10:35
Nice.

goji
December 13th, 2019, 22:45
Hillkoff in Chiang Mai provides beans grown in the hills around here. Their 'Italian Espresso' is pure Arabica and what we use, BUT there is a school of thought (originating in Italy?) which suggests that the addition of some Robusta improves the taste. We also have several small coffee roasters in town for those with more refined tastes. :-)
I believe Costa mix in just a little Robusta and their coffee seems to beat Starbucks, which is 100% Arabica.
My experience of the Thai independents ranges from bitter unpleasant coffee up to Gafae, who seem to have the best coffee I ever tasted. Amazing flavour.
However, way more customers go to Benjamit. I don't entirely understand why, perhaps it's the lower price, or a desire for a less distinctive taste.

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 04:46
Ill probably go to one of the Thailand Philharmonic Spanish concerts the weekend before Xmas.You're not attending today's concert featuring Mahler's 5th Symphony? I've often fantasised about a performance where for the Adagietto movement (used in the film Death in Venice) the aisles are filled with beautiful blond boys. In Bangkok, no. Here, maybe

latintopxxx
December 14th, 2019, 07:48
frequent u need to keep your preferences under wraps...fantasising about blond choir boys is not acceptable in polite society

frequent
December 14th, 2019, 09:19
frequent u need to keep your preferences under wraps...fantasising about blond choir boys is not acceptable in polite societyA bunch of First World sodomites who travel thousands of kilometres to spend time with and money on Third World male prostitutes young enough to be in most cases their grandsons isn't exactly a "polite society"

arsenal
December 14th, 2019, 09:40
04.19am Bavaria time. Enjoying a glass of Kirsch no doubt. Jolly lovely too.

Oliver2
December 14th, 2019, 15:03
Frequent isn't the only one who apparently likes Death in Venice.The appalling soundtrack on Visconti's Death in Venice is disappointing and does Mahler no favours, but the image of Tadzio in his swimming costume pointing to the horizon with his left hand while his right is pressed against his side, all in evocative silhouette while Aschenbach dies, remains the most alluring homo-erotic image on film. Well, it is for me for me....perhaps others know better.

StevieWonders
December 15th, 2019, 07:09
04.19am Bavaria time. Enjoying a glass of Kirsch no doubt. Jolly lovely too.Keep up the good work of frequent bashing arsenal. I see in another post hes boasting that he wrote one of his posts in this thread based on Google Maps. Hes never been here.

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 07:14
Well the scurrilous rumour mill has it that he and you are actually quite close. Rumours eh!

StevieWonders
December 15th, 2019, 07:15
Up early (8AM to be exact). I always do wake early but its ridiculous to do it on holiday even though I am retired so I guess it does not make any difference. We went to a gogo bar last night but left before the show. Watching other people having sex is not really my scene. Those bars seem to have a lot of Cambodia and Burma guys in them from what I can gather.

We varied our routine. Tried Welcome Bar again for a drink and then went to Fork and Cork for dinner. Not too bad but not sure its worth paying that much more than Balcony or Telephone for a meal. Earlier in the week we tried Tapas. Thought there pasta dishes very strange not what I am used to at all. Dont think Ill be going back

StevieWonders
December 15th, 2019, 07:16
Well the scurrilous rumour mill has it that he and you are actually quite close. Rumours eh!You will have to explain that one.

Brad the Impala
December 15th, 2019, 15:10
You will have to explain that one.

Don't hold your breath!

frequent
December 15th, 2019, 15:23
Don't hold your breath!An apposite headline - https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/14/arsenal-reminder-place-in-elite-for-granted

arsenal
December 15th, 2019, 15:27
"Don't hold your breath!"

Good advice except when swimming underwater.

sglad
December 16th, 2019, 00:09
I once went to that massage shop on the corner of the DJ Station alleyway and was asked whether I wanted a boy or a girl. I replied "Up to you" so the girl who'd shown me inside stayed with me. Towards the end she lunged at the crown jewels. I told her I wasn't interested and she replied "You can ask for a boy!". However I was just after a massage; maybe that's what Steve was after too and didn't care about the masseur's gender

Thirty years in Thailand and you go to a venue in an overtly commercial location for a massage? Surely you must have a regular masseur or two who provides excellent massage just a phone call away. Or venues in less commercial areas which offer the same. pong, who's a genuine visitor, never ceases to amaze me of his depth and breath of knowledge. Perhaps you should consult him before writing your next fictional trip report.

If you've actually been to Thailand and patronised one of these "mixed" massage parlours, you'll know that the walls are quite thin and the masseur would be very discreet in offering "extras" and won't be "lunging" at your antique crown jewels. They might give a teaser or two to suggest "extras" are available. These venues are often visited by women and families and they're careful not to upset sensitivities.

frequent
December 16th, 2019, 02:40
Thirty years in Thailand and you go to a venue in an overtly commercial location for a massage? Surely you must have a regular masseur or two who provides excellent massage just a phone call away. Or venues in less commercial areas which offer the same. pong, who's a genuine visitor, never ceases to amaze me of his depth and breath of knowledge. Perhaps you should consult him before writing your next fictional trip report.

If you've actually been to Thailand and patronised one of these "mixed" massage parlours, you'll know that the walls are quite thin and the masseur would be very discreet in offering "extras" and won't be "lunging" at your antique crown jewels. They might give a teaser or two to suggest "extras" are available. These venues are often visited by women and families and they're careful not to upset sensitivities.Well spotted ... but rather too late. As I set out in detail in another post, there's a lot of information that can be gleaned from a careful review of Google Maps, some guesswork and in this particular case some imagination. I am of course still in Houston, teaching Latin at your old school. I've never been to Thailand or Pattaya and have no desire to do so

You need to remember that old but true saying “On the Internet nobody knows you’re a dog” or even - just picking a thought entirely at random - the former catamite of a now deceased VIP

Blueskytoday
December 16th, 2019, 10:27
rather dumb to go to a massage place with girls....go to the strickly gay venues..

frequent
December 16th, 2019, 12:05
rather dumb to go to a massage place with girls....go to the strickly gay venues.."Strickly", eh?

poshglasgow
December 16th, 2019, 22:29
Frequent isn't the only one who apparently likes Death in Venice.The appalling soundtrack on Visconti's Death in Venice is disappointing and does Mahler no favours, but the image of Tadzio in his swimming costume pointing to the horizon with his left hand while his right is pressed against his side, all in evocative silhouette while Aschenbach dies, remains the most alluring homo-erotic image on film. Well, it is for me for me....perhaps others know better.

Thomas Mann's wife was most accommodating when she noticed, on holiday with her husband in 1911, how obsessed he is reported to have become with a beautiful Polish boy in the Hotel Des Bains (now host to luxury apartments but still there on the Lido) . Björn Johan Andrésen was about fifteen/sixteen in the 1971 film but the boy who captured the admiration Mr. Mann was younger. Yet, it seems that Mrs. Mann was relatively undisturbed by his obsession. It was this experience that led to the book.

I have heard it said that Mr. Visconti introduced Björn, despite his youth, to some interesting places of entertainment in Venice!

Film of his audition here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRn1L8GIqM4

frequent
December 17th, 2019, 01:43
Thomas Mann's wife was most accommodating when she noticed, on holiday with her husband in 1911, how obsessed he is reported to have become with a beautiful Polish boy in the Hotel Des Bains (now host to luxury apartments but still there on the Lido) . As the old saying goes "For children a wife, for pleasure a boy, but for sheer ecstasy a goat". And then there's this perspective:

Blueskytoday
December 17th, 2019, 09:55
all this back and forth has nothing to do with the original trip report..move on

frequent
December 17th, 2019, 09:58
all off topic...move onIt's easy enough to report off-topic posts, blueskytoday, and the Mods may choose to move them. It does help if, like one of our members, you have a direct back-channel to one of the Mods but generally just using the exclamation mark does the trick

GWMinUS
December 17th, 2019, 10:25
It's easy enough to report off-topic posts, blueskytoday, and the Mods may choose to move them. It does help if, like one of our members, you have a direct back-channel to one of the Mods but generally just using the exclamation mark does the trick

I concur with blueskytoday, Frequent has again high-jacked a Member's Trip Report. And Yes one of the Moderators should cull out his off-topic intrusions!!!

frequent
December 17th, 2019, 11:32
I concur with blueskytoday, Frequent has again high-jacked a Member's Trip Report. And Yes one of the Moderators should cull out his off-topic intrusions!!!Is it laziness or incompetence that prevents you from reporting to the Mods yourself (asking for a friend)? Never mind, I've done it for you

Oliver2
December 17th, 2019, 13:38
If a thread is derailed, why not "re-rail it?" easy enough to do.... and it's probably quicker than complaining. I find that the by-ways of threads can be interesting and enlightening, apart from those that entail personal abuse. There is always the nuclear option of ignoring posts you don't like.

frequent
December 17th, 2019, 13:51
If a thread is derailed, why not "re-rail it?" easy enough to do.... and it's probably quicker than complaining. I find that the by-ways of threads can be interesting and enlightening, apart from those that entail personal abuse. There is always the nuclear option of ignoring posts you don't like.I'm surprised (or am I?) he didn't similarly complain about the multiple threads Pavlov’s dog disrupted over the weekend. I always find a series of "sniper" posts amusing but then unlike Queen Victoria I am easily amused - demand it in fact as an antidote to ennui

frequent
December 18th, 2019, 06:01
I’m waiting for a learned discourse from the Moderators on “Entropy and its impact on Forum threads”. Watch this space. It may even expand the horizons of our Forum pets Schrodinger’s Cat and Pavlov’s Dog

Brad the Impala
December 18th, 2019, 14:48
I’m waiting for a learned discourse from the Moderators on “Entropy and its impact on Forum threads”. Watch this space. It may even expand the horizons of our Forum pets Schrodinger’s Cat and Pavlov’s Dog

Surely Mary's Little Lamb should be included in this discourse. She seems to have been following you all over the place lately.Or perhaps she's just the alter ego of Pavlov's dog.

frequent
December 18th, 2019, 14:53
Surely Mary's Little Lamb should be included in this discourse. She seems to have been following you all over the place lately.Or perhaps she's just the alter ego of Pavlov's dog.I can't comment on Mary's bestiality but I can tell you about Ethel

dinagam
December 18th, 2019, 15:28
It appears that some people have discovered the subtle benefits of LSD in micro doses that they are seeing things through a different prism and with added alacrity and detachment . By the way, the recommended initial dose is 13mg.

frequent
December 18th, 2019, 15:45
It appears that some people have discovered the subtle benefits of LSD in micro doses that they are seeing things through a different prism and with added alacrity and detachment . By the way, the recommended initial dose is 13mg.Medically supervised LSD and MDMA is giving good results for PTSD and addictions. I'm not sure about those with obsessions and Relevance Deprivation Syndrome; I usually handle those sad folks with lashings of Noblesse Oblige

snotface
December 23rd, 2019, 11:58
The taste of the coffee at Gafae in Pattaya beats all of these chains.

I must have walked past that coffee shop by Tukcom dozens of times without ever venturing inside. Today I did on your recommendation and was immediately reassured by the strong smell of fresh roasted coffee. My cappuccino was excellent, full-bodied and good aftertaste. Better than Coffee Club’s equivalent and more reasonably priced at 70b compared with 105b. Always happy to find somewhere which does good coffee, thanks for the tip.

neddy3
December 24th, 2019, 05:34
Yes, Gafae is a nice place for a coffee.
In the past, they used to do a nice breakfast, but no more.

They seem to have a loyal customer base; there are always people sitting outside.

sglad
January 5th, 2020, 12:52
What has happened to this trip report? Has frequent run out of ideas?

frequent
January 5th, 2020, 17:42
What has happened to this trip report? Has frequent run out of ideas?
I assume sglad that you are complimenting me, alone out of all Forum members, on successfully outwitting the software that successive Forum owners have claimed identifies and roots out duplicate posters. No? Me a humble Latin teacher from Houston who's never set foot in Thailand? Surely Forum Illuminati such as arsenal are far more capable than me of such a feat. You do agree arsenal is an Illuminati don’t you?

arsenal
January 5th, 2020, 19:05
"I assume sglad that you are complimenting me, alone out of all Forum members, on successfully outwitting the software that successive Forum owners have claimed identifies and roots out duplicate posters. No? Me a humble Latin teacher from Houston who's never set foot in Thailand? Surely Forum Illuminati such as arsenal are far more capable than me of such a feat. You do agree arsenal is an Illuminati don’t you?"

"I write for the elite."

goji
January 5th, 2020, 21:19
Glad you hear you enjoyed the coffee at Gafae.

As neddy3 says, they used to do a cooked breakfast. I was particularly fond of the scrambled egg on toast, but they stopped all the cooked menu in early 2019. A very limited cooked menu has reappeared, but the fried eggs are inferior to the old scrambled eggs.

So I stick with their excellent coffee and a croissant.

joshhb
February 5th, 2020, 21:12
Has Joey become less cute between 10.08 am and 10.10 am?

I'm pretty sure I saw Joey (Silom sub-soi 3 coffee) enter Jupiter as a performer. I must ask him tomorrow if its not just coffee he makes.

pong
February 6th, 2020, 13:34
No, he is for the whitener that goes inside. The goody cream so many like. Its organically and chemicals free own house prodcution!