PDA

View Full Version : Howards

August 7th, 2006, 06:42
I am thinking of staying at Howards in November, I know that comments/reviews have been posted before, but an update would be appreciated. I am thinking about 12 days. i would like to hear from members who have stayed there. Specifically, security, the rooftop bar, the freelance boys I have heard about, general comments etc.

Tks
PS: Is their room rate 600 baht as per their website or has it changes?

Impulse
August 7th, 2006, 07:03
The security is good as a couple of guys I offed from Euroboys they would not let in,underage or from myamar.The rooftop garden is nice,didnt know there was a bar there.No one came knocking at my door during the night,my room was rather small though.I prefered Montes,he gave me a large room and it is a friendlier atmosphere.

August 7th, 2006, 11:23
... since I stayed there. I found the location very good, room was quiet but looked onto a brick wall, room size good, the bed ok, shower ensuite ok. The bar is friendly, sometimes a little too friendly and the freelancers were a pain at times. I did have the experience of them knocking on my door, grabbing me everytime I went in or out and experienced the knocks on the door in the middle of the night asking if I wanted some company. i left after a few nights and moved elsewhere. Things may have changed but a couple of months ago I was chatting with a Canadian guy who had just moved out of Howard's for exactly the same reason. Up to you!

bing
August 7th, 2006, 21:13
Hi Me--- I stayed at Howards last September. and and will stay there in late August this year. I found it very nice. The elevator is great, many places don't have one. Punya, the owner, is very hands on, and will be a source of good information. I never had any trouble with unwanted knocking at the door. Perhaps some miscommunicaton was had in bar with one of the Thai friends, that is just speculation, all I can say is that this never happened to me. If it did, a word to Punya in the morning would be all that was necessary to make sure it would not happen again.

Lest this sound like a paid add for Howards, I do have a monitum for you, beware of the safe that is mounted to the floor. Us old guys have to get on hands and knees to open or close it. Would love to have safe at eye level. Yes, the rooms are 600 baht. The view out the window is less that stunning, but the room and bath are clean. The view was not a big deal for me. Hope this helps.

bing
August 7th, 2006, 21:13
Hi Me--- I stayed at Howards last September. and and will stay there in late August this year. I found it very nice. The elevator is great, many places don't have one. Punya, the owner, is very hands on, and will be a source of good information. I never had any trouble with unwanted knocking at the door. Perhaps some miscommunicaton was had in bar with one of the Thai friends, that is just speculation, all I can say is that this never happened to me. If it did, a word to Punya in the morning would be all that was necessary to make sure it would not happen again.

Lest this sound like a paid add for Howards, I do have a monitum for you, beware of the safe that is mounted to the floor. Us old guys have to get on hands and knees to open or close it. Would love to have safe at eye level. Yes, the rooms are 600 baht. The view out the window is less that stunning, but the room and bath are clean. The view was not a big deal for me. Hope this helps.

bing
August 7th, 2006, 21:16
Sorry guys pushed the button two time to post... was not shouting, just had a senior moment.

bucknaway
August 8th, 2006, 05:36
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/wai.gif I stayed at howards and enjoyed my stay. The bed is too hard for my taste. I may stay there again but I am working my way around.... so to speak... http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/wai.gif

Dboy
August 8th, 2006, 06:23
I'd *really like* to like Howards. Stayed there several times, hoping each time that it would be different. As previously stated, the location is great, the price is good, etc. but I've not only experienced unwanted knocks at the door, but have also had a boy with a key walk right in. Granted, I had checked in earlier that day and he was placing clean towels in the room, but he didn't even knock.

The beds are kinda hard, but that comes in handy for evening acrobatics. Multiple guests seem to be no problem:-)

The Thai food directly across the street from Howards is below average compared to usual Thai standards, although the Papaya salad was ok.

As for ID-ing guests, yes they do it, but if the guest is underage (as accidently happened to me) the choice whether to proceed anyway is "up to you" (I declined).

Think I paid 550bt, but it might have been 600.

The rooftop bar (or whatever it is) can be alot of fun if the mix is right, and the garden is very well done.

I'd suggest to try Howards for a day or two and then decide for yourself. Please report back, as I'm curious to hear new opinions about Howards.

Dboy

Smiles
August 8th, 2006, 06:48
Too lazy to write this all over again, so here's a link to my experience at Howards Hotel (slightly over a year ago): http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... ht=howards (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=748&highlight=howards) The review of the hotel is in the opening post (with photos!) toward the end of it ... it's a long post, sorry! I wouldn't imagine much has changed since then.

I notice Howard's website ( http://www.howards-pattaya.net/ ) has been changed a little and they now call the "suite" the VIP "room" which is in fact what it is ... one very large room rather than 2 (which is what I call a "suite"). It's 1500 baht, but has a living room area plus a balcony over looking the street, and is fun people-watching from there later at night.

I was a little put off by the clingers-on when checking in (one or two very campy Thai guys hanging onto you), but they let up immediately when Suphot walked into the lobby (he had been looking for a parking spot). But others may enjoy that stuff. Let's just say the place is 'friendly'!!
But that was my only small nitpick. Howard's Hotel as perfectly fine, and the 600 baht for the smaller rooms is a good deal.

Cheers ...

bing
August 8th, 2006, 12:19
I reviewed your post of a year ago. It is now a goldy oldie. Oh my, enjoyed it as much this time around. I was thinking of just using the advanced Imodium ( found in it in local Walmart, it is supposed to take care of gas as well) but after re-reading your post, I will get a new Dr. Script for Lomotil)

August 8th, 2006, 13:13
Having to get on hands and knees to open the safe.

I just moved the chair. Dumb me.

Dick
August 9th, 2006, 05:00
My advice, go for Monty's. Stayed in both accommodations.
Howard's beds too hard for me.
Monty's looks after you better, and for my money, is more conveniently located once you know your way around.
Always a friendly ex pat to talk to at Monty's too.
I've said my piece against Howards previously, so I'll not repeat myself.

lonelywombat
August 9th, 2006, 07:36
My advice, go for Monty's.
Monty's looks after you better, and for my money, is more conveniently located once you know your way around.
Always a friendly ex pat to talk to at Monty's too.

Does Monty still retain the B&B, does he still live there and do the breakfast?

What is happening with the evening meals?.

August 9th, 2006, 09:59
DELETED

August 9th, 2006, 10:01
Thanks for all the great feedback - Montys it is

catawampuscat
August 9th, 2006, 10:14
No lift and the stairs are steep, especially if you like to imbibe but you do get every stalker's favorite obsession and most interesting
farang in Sunee (hint:not Monty).. If you like em' on the young side, no problem with IDs and plenty of em' on or about the premises
years away from legal age.. average 15 or so..

catawampuscat
August 10th, 2006, 16:36
If you believe a posting by JB, the troll has been banned from Monty's and you really have to be an asshole to get
banned there, after all , just look at who lives there... :cat:

August 10th, 2006, 18:00
If you like em' on the young side, no problem with IDs and plenty of em' on or about the premises
years away from legal age.. average 15 or so..

You are either a bloody irresponsible idiot or expressing you own preferences do we have to make an educated guess as to which it is?

August 11th, 2006, 06:44
we want big room with 2 double beds with no hassle re group of guys enjoyin themselves having fun

August 11th, 2006, 12:05
DELETED

catawampuscat
August 12th, 2006, 11:32
I must admit I haven't been over to Monty's B&B for about a year and do apologize if a lift was installed during that time..

If they have started to check IDs or prevent anyage boys entry, then I will retract that as well, but I doubt it and it is a known
home for those who admire the street urchins and boys many years away from the age that a respectable hotel would allow into
their rooms..
I don't think of the village idiot as an arch enemy and the funny thing is he and you as well, think of me as a friend or at least an acquaintance..
How do you think I know every twitch and move? Except for you , every other poster uses a
handle and is anonymous and some of us are actually in the same circles.. I am one of the few who know Hedda and he is a hoot..

I don't actually like you but I am not here for the farangs and know how to tune out the really obnoxious farangs and find the really special Thai boys (18+) .. I would never stay in a place where the village idiot
stays and I would worry about police raids and living with the likes of georgieporgie, the thought gives me the shudders...
Live and let live and of course my retraction, if things have changed at the B&B..

andrewcraig
August 14th, 2006, 08:52
You lose the respect of the board when you spread lies .

At last it is seeping through. You lost it when you were badboybilly, VBBB, mrsydney and now.
no respect and no creditability.

andrewcraig
August 14th, 2006, 14:59
Now what has happened to boygeorge posting where he stated

"that someone ( a current poster) had to be followed and all his movements be recorded and photographed".

That same person "was a person of interest" isnt that police talk.

And his revelation" that he had checked up the location of that member of this board and his posting was posted from a suburb of Perth, and he was prepared to publish his full name"

Was this post deleted by boygeorge or Spike?

Is it at last official that we have undercover police operatives on this board. or just mickey (minnie) mouse ones. Is this what is called a sting operation.

paulg
August 14th, 2006, 21:02
who cares a fuck about boygeorge

he says he cannot get an erection if he does not do the chicken dance.

maybe some thai boys should f!@!#$%^&&* him and get him out of his misery

August 14th, 2006, 21:17
Is it at last official that we have undercover police operatives on this board. or just mickey (minnie) mouse ones. Is this what is called a sting operation. .

Do you know the meaning of Paranoia?

August 14th, 2006, 23:56
brand new and very competetively priced. No doorman to check who is coming in or out but certainly signs warning that no-one underage will be tolerated.

Monty's is great..if you want a homely friendly atmosphere and his rooms are very comfortable and well priced.

He would never allow underaged lads in to go to your room-for which you should be thankful.

The SwampCat is right..many fascinating people come and go from there including one of our favorite posters who does live there on and off..and rents out his Markland apartment..which Swampy apparently has no knowledge of. ( nor does he seem to know of 2 other houses he owns in Europe-certainly the one I stayed in recently in a London suburb was very nice )

Monty's is also a favorite of several farangs who live and work in Bangkok and come to Pattaya for the weekend.
Boygeorge :" I will be all bowing to you bastards ."..and that's as it should be you toerag.

catawampuscat
August 15th, 2006, 12:29
good name for new bar in Sunee, Paranoia bar.. maybe not , it could get confusing with Panorama in Boyztown..

Pearl dearest one, I couldn't care less, where any farang lives and I couldn't care less if one has millions or is broke.. I wouldn't want to
live with certain people and certain people wouldn't want to live with me..The swamp is difficult on the hair, you know..

But , since you bring up the village idiot and all his houses etc., wouldn't it be nice if he paid back that poor American who lent him
all that baht to get out of the mess with the 17 y.o. and 363 days boy.. Half a million baht ain't chickenfeed as we say in West Bumfuck..
and some claim the boy was a little younger but that is all water under the swamp........ :cat:

August 15th, 2006, 16:04
Why not name it after boygeorge, Parannoyance Bar?

andrewcraig
August 15th, 2006, 17:53
I feel so powerful when im barebacking your BF.
mOST OF THE BOYS i HAVE DIPPED MY WICK IN come from the bars you get your boys from.
Cant wait to get back and bareback those ladyboys and make them bark like a dog on heat.

I just hope he wipes his arse before you fuck him.You dirty bastards.

does boygeorge talk to boygeorge before he posts
who is a dirty bastard

August 15th, 2006, 17:58
Hey CATWAMPUS you are very stupid to make up stories about people on here that you know is not true.

Billy Boy, I never thought I would spring to the defence of the Cat, but that story is well known throughout Pattaya and even here in Bangkok where the VI is known for his welching on a friend who tried to help him.

As Cat says, the age of the boy as a few days under 18 is far from the truth and had the VI not been able to pay up he would have been in deep shit.

August 15th, 2006, 19:03
We should all arrange to meet Boygeorge on his next trip and show him what we think of his barebacking polices. Just what are your dates to be in thailand again Boygeorge?

August 16th, 2006, 02:40
NAUGHTYbutNICE, My reply to CATWAMPUS was actually about allegations he made in regard to a business in Pattaya.. full text.

Billy that is the most succinct post I have ever seen from you.

So is this you in your true identity and expressing views about your own business interest in Pattaya coming out on the board?

catawampuscat
August 16th, 2006, 14:35
well, there goes one theory about the repulsive troll being a hydra head of the V.I. He can actually write the language.. but of course, there are
others who might have use of the repulsive troll persona for their own agendas..
I wonder what country catpuss lives in..? Last time I looked , it was Thailand but the troll knows best..

Denial is a beautiful thing when you are a pedophile, a lush, hideous, friendless, dying, obnoxious, ancient or anything else that one just doesn't
want to deal with, but reality is what is real and one only has to go to Sunee Plaza, the pool, the B&B, the bars and see for themselves, where all
the elementary school dropouts hangout... (not a dig at the V.I. education).. It is "all rumours and lies" works with those who have never been but
anyone who has been to these places knows the scene and that is why many of us are there..

Monty is a great guy and not in the best of health and I wish him well.. All of this started, when I read a V.I. posting which gave Monty's B&B a rave
review and a 5 star rating..The same reviewer gave the Dusit 5 stars as well and I found this misleading and in need of further clarification for those
who might believe what they read and live far away.. Thus began my second career of rebuking and revealing the total bullshit and self promoting
of the V.I. Monty's B&B is a fine place and a bargain in a convienent location..It has no resemblance to the fine hotels of the world and reality is, there is
no lift (important to some) and there are some very young persons in and about the establishment.. Same for the pool and same for all of Sunee..

This is not Monty's creation or responsibility but just the facts.. Many of the smaller establishments do not check IDs and many do not even have
a reception desk..Many of the restaurants in Sunee and Day-Nite have rooms above and no one checks who comes and goes..It is unfair, if I gave the impression that this one B&B is unique in this policy but there are many and those who need discrete living quarters know where they are.. I really don't expect Monty to stay up all nite and check IDs and he runs a legal respectable establishment for those on a budget and need a discrete place to reside..

It is unfortunate that the V.I. and the repulsive troll both reside in the same place and for that reason alone, I would not stay there.. I do fear police raids and believe birds of a feather flock together, so I keep my time in dodgy places to a minimum and would never use a short time room with an underage
kid.. I am not a saint nor am I insane and fortunately my tastes run older and more masculine.. I do like Sunee when I am in Pattaya and it is a great place to have lots of fun.. I really don't care if one is 18 y..o. or 17 y.o. and 364 days and thankfully, I am not drawn to the babies nor the ladyboys, thankfully..

August 16th, 2006, 15:26
Who/what is "V.I."? (sorry to be so dense at times...)

[added just after I posted the above: Duh. "Village Idiot"!!!]

August 16th, 2006, 16:01
Getting back to the original idea, i stayed at Howard's last December and found it to be a nice, clean, cheap alternative. My only major complaiint was that the boys were a little too agressive. I think they are all freelance, and sometimes I just wanted to swat them like flies. Other than that, a nice experience.

August 16th, 2006, 16:07
DELETED

Dboy
August 17th, 2006, 07:04
I've never heard of Thai police ever raiding a hotel or guesthouse....anyone?

Dboy

August 17th, 2006, 08:12
I've never heard of Thai police ever raiding a hotel or guesthouse....anyone?Granted it was a few years ago, but Aquarius guesthouse in Bangkok comes to mind. I seem to recall other news articles (with pics of farang and underaged child) of arrests in hotels/guesthouses in Pattaya over the recent several years

lonelywombat
August 17th, 2006, 08:43
I've never heard of Thai police ever raiding a hotel or guesthouse....anyone?[/quote

]Granted it was a few years ago, but Aquarius guesthouse in Bangkok comes to mind.

I seem to recall other news articles (with pics of farang and underaged child) of arrests in hotels/guesthouses in Pattaya over the recent several years

and condos, as well

lonelywombat
August 17th, 2006, 08:50
NAUGHTYbutNICE, My reply to CATWAMPUS was actually about allegations he made in regard to a business in Pattaya.. full text.

Billy that is the most succinct post I have ever seen from you.

So is this you in your true identity and expressing views about your own business interest in Pattaya coming out on the board?

You will note that the posting has been greatly edited with only the first line remaining.

Smiles
August 17th, 2006, 09:08
" ... Granted it was a few years ago, but Aquarius guesthouse in Bangkok comes to mind ... "
Quite right ... in fact that raid on the Aquarius Guesthouse ( http://www.aquariushouse.com/ ) happened in November 2000 ... nearly 7 years ago. Nothing of that nature has happened there since.
The "issue" at that raid was not underage boys fucking around with farangs, but illegal Burmese guys working there.

The unlucky Farang (Canadian) who got caught up in it was just in the wrong place, at the wrong time ( i.e. with Thai tabloid photographers there).

Cheers ...

Monty-old
August 17th, 2006, 09:43
I can now reply to your false comments about Monty's B and B having underage persons on the premises.Ive been unable to respond until now due to inability to acces the forum. You might be confused,we DO NOT allow underage persons in the B&B.If they look under 18 they have to have I.D.The front door is locked at 6 pm every day and my guest have their own key for entry.All guest are told at check in,"Do not take underage persons to their room.I have checked out two Peds for breaking this rule. And do not confuse Monty's B & B with the family guest house next door,King Fisher guest house,as they do haave children staying there with their family. At Montys we do have a rather young 29 year old American staying with us,and of course Bonnie is only 3 years old,in dog years thats over 18. Monty