PDA

View Full Version : Gay scene and hookups in Chiang Mai?

CambodiaVisitor
November 27th, 2019, 03:44
I'm planning a trip there in a few months and I'm curious about the gay scene. Any comments or suggestions? Any saunas or bars? Are the apps good for meeting guys there?

llz
November 27th, 2019, 03:57
You are lucky as Chiang Mai gay scene is regularly updated on this great website :
https://www.gay-in-chiangmai.com/

Oliver2
November 27th, 2019, 13:46
A helpful guide. But remember that CM is no Pattaya; the remaining gay venues are spread thin and the clientele tends to be more local . We go every year and will be there again in January, when it can be quite chilly.
Have you decided where in the city you are staying?

Manforallseasons
November 27th, 2019, 14:35
Like most places in Thailand C.M. is way past it’s prime.......only more so! I used to go every 3 months or so but I find little reason to go now.

latintopxxx
November 27th, 2019, 15:06
....thats kinda negative...maybe u r thinking back when u were young and agile and everything was better...like especially the music...

Oliver2
November 27th, 2019, 21:07
Plenty of good reasons to go to CM even if the gay scene is not very active. We find three days enough, it has to be said, but we like the temples, the restaurants and the day trips. The hotels are better value than elsewhere too. And travel from BKK is inexpensive.

Manforallseasons
November 27th, 2019, 21:13
Gay scene and hookups in Chiang Mai?.....The OP’s question is a simple one he didn’t ask about dining, hotels or temples.

pong
November 29th, 2019, 08:16
use the new time: APPs, line or the dedicated gay ones.
After my last trip I also decided it simply was not worth it anymore, after at least 20+ visits spread in time. Most annoying for me: the overwhelming Chinese presence everywhere, also pushing prices up. Sorry for that for bonton or the regular posters overthere.

Oliver2
November 29th, 2019, 13:48
I don't think I'd go if I were still single but I have pleasant memories of twenty years ago when Adam's Apple was at its zenith.

ceejay
December 9th, 2019, 09:02
use the new time: APPs, line or the dedicated gay ones.g, plus
After my last trip I also decided it simply was not worth it anymore, after at least 20+ visits spread in time. Most annoying for me: the overwhelming Chinese presence everywhere, also pushing prices up. Sorry for that for bonton or the regular posters overthere.

I would agree with using the apps. In CM
...Planet Romeo is moribund. A few old farang and even fewer Thai boys, many of whom are money boys past their sell by date.
...Hornet has quite a few "part time" money boys
...Blued has more men of all ages than all the other apps put together. The overwhelming majority are Thai4Thai and not looking for money, or farang at all. You will have rarity value on here,by virtue of both age and ethnicity. so you probably won't do badly.

The Chinese are not coming this year - or at least not yet. There are nowhere near as many as in the last few years. There have also been new hotels built to accommodate them and their non-arrival is pushing prices down.