PDA

View Full Version : The Kominsky Method

arsenal
November 6th, 2019, 05:25
The Kominsky Method. No, it's not a new way to prolong sex or improve performance.

It's a new TV show starring Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. It slipped under the radar somewhat but it's brilliant. Very Jewish in its deadpan humour the two stars trade barbs throughout. Recommended.

frequent
November 6th, 2019, 07:54
The Kominsky Method. No, it's not a new way to prolong sex or improve performance.

It's a new TV show starring Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. It slipped under the radar somewhat but it's brilliant. Very Jewish in its deadpan humour the two stars trade barbs throughout. Recommended.

"The series stars Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin, Sarah Baker, and Nancy Travis and follows an aging acting coach who, years earlier, had a brief moment of success as an actor."

Reminiscent of someone who had a brief moment as a Forum moderator although hardly one that could be described as a success?

arsenal
November 6th, 2019, 11:51
In many ways it's similar to the film The Odd Couple. Probably the funniest film I've ever seen.

Jellybean
November 7th, 2019, 05:16
Thanks for your recommendation, arsenal. I must have missed the email recommendation from Netflix, but following your recommendation I searched and found it.

However, I have a backlog of eight programmes on Netflix, which I’ve started, but have not yet completed. And season three of The Crown is due out later this month with the role of the Queen being handed over to Olivia Colman, which should make for interesting viewing.

I did however find time to watch, over two nights, The King starring the handsome young actor from the film, Call me by your name, Timothée Chalamet, as Henry V, which I thoroughly recommend to members. Robert Pattinson plays the Dauphin.

The trailer is posted below:

https://youtu.be/svVykTznk9Q

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 06:40
It's a little talked about problem Jellybean. There are actually too many high quality television programmes being made for anyone to watch them all. My backlog includes Peaky Blinders, Succession and The Son.

This is in addition to my mini seasons in which I watch a few movies with one actor or director. I've just had a mini season with Gene Hackman.

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 07:11
My backlog includes Peaky Blinders, Succession and The Son.The only sons of interest are the ones going down on me. As for Peaky Blinders, you pattayaphiles must be used to organised crime in real life given the various mafiosi and Australian bikies who call Pattaya "home"

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 07:46
You're in a right mood today.

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 08:13
You're in a right mood today.

https://youtu.be/gbLCP9ENemI

Nirish guy
November 7th, 2019, 16:26
Ha on opening your link there Freeky it launched youtube of course and started playing a video of young hot slim Chinese acrobats, both limbering up for their performance and then going through their routines ( which were amazing) but their bodies.....OMG.....so i say for about 3 minutes watching thinking "way to go Frekky, good video choice" only THEN for the "tickets" to the event to be advertised and me to realise that this was in fact an AD on youtube and your actual video ( which wasn't quite on the same level of hottest unfortunately) started there after. :)