PDA

View Full Version : Stay on Topic Please

deecruz
November 5th, 2019, 17:55
I signed up here because I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon. A lot of the members here are very informative but I also noticed that many veer away from the topic. I think moderation needs improvement. One member is asking about a massage place or a gogo bar then some will discuss another, others will just start talking about a totally different topic. A lot of the threads are repetitive and should be merged. I'm a member of a very good gay forum here in the Philippines which I'd like to share for those who plan to visit - frcentral.activeboard.com (except the default language is Filipino but majority can speak good English if you tell them you're a foreigner). This site is strictly moderated by the admins per topic and review e.g. massage place, dating sites, freelancers, etc per model/mb with a lot of field report pictures

frequent
November 5th, 2019, 20:50
I signed up here because I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon. A lot of the members here are very informative but I also noticed that many veer away from the topic. I think moderation needs improvement. One member is asking about a massage place or a gogo bar then some will discuss another, others will just start talking about a totally different topic. A lot of the threads are repetitive and should be merged. I'm a member of a very good gay forum here in the Philippines which I'd like to share for those who plan to visit - frcentral.activeboard.com (except the default language is Filipino but majority can speak good English if you tell them you're a foreigner). This site is strictly moderated by the admins per topic and review e.g. massage place, dating sites, freelancers, etc per model/mb with a lot of field report pictures
Quickest joiner of my Ignore list ever

sglad
November 5th, 2019, 21:33
Quickest joiner of my Ignore list ever

Lucky him.

Welcome to the forum, deecruz. I hope you'll stay and share your insights on the Philippines with us, which I'm sure many forum members will appreciate.

Smiles
November 5th, 2019, 22:09
Since when are "Insights on the Philippines" located in the gay Thailand forum?
As well, on the 'Deep-Moderation-For-Children idea, that's in the Feedback Forum.

Jellybean
November 5th, 2019, 22:13
Let me begin by echoing the comments expressed by sglad and by also welcoming you to the forum, deecruz. The Philippines is a country I am interested in visiting and I would certainly appreciate reading reports based on your local knowledge.

With regard to your comments on moderation, oh dear, despite a lifetime of trying to achieve an excellent or at the very least, a 'VG' marking, I note that my report card is still being marked, "[Jellybean] must try harder." Sadly, at this late stage in my life, I don't think there is any chance of the improvement I so earnestly desire, but I live in hope .

And lastly, as your post does not relate to Thailand, I trust that you of all people will understand that your topic should, in all strictness, be placed in the Feedback Forum. I shall however leave a 48 hour link to Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum to give your introductory post maximum publicity.

goji
November 6th, 2019, 00:28
I signed up here because I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon. A lot of the members here are very informative but I also noticed that many veer away from the topic. I think moderation needs improvement.

There are at least 3 gay Thai forums.

1 https://sawatdeenetwork.com
2 https://www.gayguides.com/forums
3 https://gaybuttonthai.com/index.php

As far as I know, the only one with moderating policies that require members to stay on topic in a thread is Gaybuttonthai.

Thank you for the link to the Filipino forum.

arsenal
November 6th, 2019, 11:56
"Lucky him."

Yes. A title coveted beyond all others.

dinagam
November 6th, 2019, 12:37
Now wouldn't it be nice to share some Pinoy recipes?

Nirish guy
November 6th, 2019, 17:18
Now wouldn't it be nice to share some Pinoy recipes?

SOME recipes !? - Actually since living with my PH BF I've now come to understand that there seems to be only is ONE PH recipe that they all know and that's Chicken Bloody Adobo ! Dont these people know how to cook anything else !?? :-)

* note I AM ( slightly) joking above......but somedays it's not too far from the truth I assure you.....and even more so when his mother invites us for dinner for me only to get there to be presented with yet MORE Chicken bloody abodo as she "thoght I'd like to try some real PH food" .......it's been 6 years now eating chicken bloody adobo, enough already !!! :)

PS to the OP, whilst the above is a bit off topic ( although you did mention the Phillipines of course) you'll find that this IS how we tend to roll here, it's not just as strictly moderated as you might be used too but it seems to work ( for most). Trust me we tried the heavy hadned moderation and that SO didn't work for most here I assure you.

On the more serious topics or ones where exact info is required etc then things tend to stay resonably on topic and the answer is usually ( eventually) forthcoming, but where the topics aren't perhaps quite so serious or important then the conversation can tend to wander sometimes, usually ending up back where it started most times ! BUT on a board with a smaller membership such as our own it's that very divergence of conversation that can keep the board moving and alive and keep people coming back for a catch up.

LIkewise sometimes that very divergence of conversation can open up whole new areas of conversation re the topic that hadn't previously been discussed. I personally always view this board more as walking into a bar and having a chat rather that a strict question and answer board - and I personally much prefer it that way. There are probably Pro and Cons for both systems, but that's how things tend to roll here it seems just so you know.

Welcome to the board none the less and we look forward to your posts ( and yes thanks for that link to your own PH's board too).

frequent
November 6th, 2019, 18:40
SOME recipes !? - Actually since living with my PH BF I've now come to understand that there seems to be only is ONE PH recipe that they all know and that's Chicken Bloody Adobo ! Dont these people know how to cook anythingI recall walking into a store of the Philippino fast food chain Jollibee in 1999 and walking out again after a quick scan of what was on offer. I've never been back

dinagam
November 6th, 2019, 20:23
Actually since living with my PH BF I've now come to understand that there seems to be only is ONE PH recipe that they all know and that's Chicken Bloody Adobo ! Dont these people know how to cook anything else !?? :- I AM ( slightly) joking above......but somedays it's not too far from the truth I assure you.....and even more so when his mother invites us for dinner for me only to ....it's been 6 years now eating chicken bloody adobo

That is your just retribution in this world.
In the underworld there is the Styx and its tributaries waiting to test your humility and virtue.

arsenal
November 6th, 2019, 20:59
Welcome to the board deecruz. As mentioned topics here tend to meander rather than follow a strictly signposted path.

This allows members who never visit Pattaya to post multiple comments on Pattaya subjects and those who visit Thailand for perhaps 3 days a year to get involved in the conversation.

So it's all good.

Jellybean
November 6th, 2019, 23:50
. . . On the more serious topics or ones where exact info is required etc then things tend to stay reasonably on topic and the answer is usually ( eventually) forthcoming, but where the topics aren't perhaps quite so serious or important then the conversation can tend to wander sometimes, usually ending up back where it started most times ! BUT on a board with a smaller membership such as our own it's that very divergence of conversation that can keep the board moving and alive and keep people coming back for a catch up.

Likewise sometimes that very divergence of conversation can open up whole new areas of conversation re the topic that hadn't previously been discussed. I personally always view this board more as walking into a bar and having a chat rather that a strict question and answer board - and I personally much prefer it that way. There are probably Pro and Cons for both systems, but that's how things tend to roll here it seems just so you know . . .

Welcome to the board deecruz. As mentioned topics here tend to meander rather than follow a strictly signposted path.

This allows members who never visit Pattaya to post multiple comments on Pattaya subjects and those who visit Thailand for perhaps 3 days a year to get involved in the conversation.

So it's all good.

Well said NIrish-guy and arsenal, I could not have put it better myself. :)

Now, not for the first time, I had to Google (other search engines are available) a subject mentioned by another member. I speak of chicken adobo, as I’m sorry to say, I had never heard of it. And, can you believe it, the three Filipino lads I’m acquainted with through facebook never mentioned it during any of our text exchanges. Strange that, don't you think? ;)

In the unlikely event there is anyone else out there unfamiliar with chicken adobo, please see the following:

Filipino chicken adobo

A tender braised chicken dish from the Philippines. The sauce is made from lots of garlic, fresh ginger, vinegar and soy sauce. Try different flavoured vinegars (apple or red wine) to find the flavour you like the best. You can add sliced fresh chillies if you like a bit of heat. You can marinate the chicken overnight before cooking it for a more intense flavour and colour.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9239/filipino-chicken-adobo.aspx

https://youtu.be/8FWOHTPXCOQ

The above, deecruz, is yet another example of how threads tend to meander on Sawatdee. But as your OP mentioned the Philippines and this post mentioned chicken cooked in the Philippines, a subject mentioned by other members, it is, although somewhat loosely, connected to your original topic. Quite simple really.

Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach, but then some may accuse me of being biased) and thereby bring the discussion right back on to the main topic you initiated.

Hopefully, you found the above explanation and those of our fellow members helpful and we can look forward to you becoming a regular poster.

deecruz
November 7th, 2019, 01:03
I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Sorry if I offended anyone on my comment on moderation. Maybe it's the actual platform. Noted that the post should be on the feedback section, I apologize. I am very much happy to give insights on gay scene in the Philippines maybe on a different thread or forum category. I need to check where or if some can direct me. I'm not complaining on the info/tips I'm getting here, very helpful to my future visit in Thailand. Will definitely post about my experience. I'm planning to attend GCircuit party on Songkran but ticket is 9500 Baht, yikes. Again, I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Have fun everyone

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 02:15
Jellybean wrote
"Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach,"

Hear hear.
Three cheers.
For he's a jolly good fellow.
And so say all of us.

Jellybean
November 7th, 2019, 03:52
I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Sorry if I offended anyone on my comment on moderation. Maybe it's the actual platform. Noted that the post should be on the feedback section, I apologize. I am very much happy to give insights on gay scene in the Philippines maybe on a different thread or forum category. I need to check where or if some can direct me. I'm not complaining on the info/tips I'm getting here, very helpful to my future visit in Thailand. Will definitely post about my experience. I'm planning to attend GCircuit party on Songkran but ticket is 9500 Baht, yikes. Again, I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Have fun everyone

Definitely no offence taken by the admin' team, deecruz, we are always happy to see new members join our happy band of brothers on Sawatdee. :)

Any topics relating to your gay experiences in the Philippines should be posted in the Gay World forum and reports on the GCircuit party and Songkran should be posted in the Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum.

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 05:45
Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach, but then some may accuse me of being biased) ....Come, come, Mr Jellybaby, I think you are an adornment to the Moderator team. You have lifted the standard of moderation into the stratosphere since the mean-spirited, vendetta-filled regime of your predecessor ended

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 06:17
There are few rules here deecruz. However one that is enforced is the well known LM law of Siam.

On one occasion a member was suspended for a month for willfully and knowingly breaking such laws. His endearingly child-like sulking over this continues to this day. However you're clearly a mature individual with sufficient self-esteem that this is unlikely to be an issue for you.

Or indeed anyone else on all three boards.

Nirish guy
November 7th, 2019, 06:30
Na to be fair Frekky fairly much nailed it there just - but hey lets not open THAT can of worms again eh .......

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 06:33
There are few rules here deecruz. However one that is enforced is the well known LM law of Siam.

On one occasion a member was suspended for a month for willfully and knowingly breaking such laws. His endearingly child-like sulking over this continues to this day. However you're clearly a mature individual with sufficient self-esteem that this is unlikely to be an issue for you.

Or indeed anyone else on all three boards.Apposite

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 06:54
Blimey. It is truly delightful to watch grown men continually returning to something from.over two years ago..

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 07:06
Blimey. It is truly delightful to watch grown men continually returning to something from.over two years ago..Apposite

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 07:32
Still so needy.

sglad
November 7th, 2019, 08:08
I recall walking into a store of the Philippino fast food chain Jollibee in 1999 and walking out again after a quick scan of what was on offer. I've never been back

Lucky them.

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 08:10
Lucky them.Perhaps they have a Thonglor branch with which you are familiar?

frequent
November 7th, 2019, 08:10
Still so needy.Apposite

arsenal
November 7th, 2019, 08:21
:stop_mini:

goji
November 8th, 2019, 00:00
I'm a member of a very good gay forum here in the Philippines which I'd like to share for those who plan to visit - frcentral.activeboard.com (except the default language is Filipino but majority can speak good English if you tell them you're a foreigner). This site is strictly moderated by the admins per topic and review e.g. massage place, dating sites, freelancers, etc per model/mb with a lot of field report pictures

I tried applying for the Filipino site 2 days ago. Account not yet approved. Maybe they have higher standards than here.

frequent
November 8th, 2019, 05:51
I tried applying for the Filipino site 2 days ago. Account not yet approved. Maybe they have higher standards than here.Typical low regional productivity would be my guess

Nirish guy
November 13th, 2019, 04:11
I tried applying for the Filipino site 2 days ago. Account not yet approved......

Likewise, although I think I read somewhere on their site something crazy about them only authorising memberships on the last day of the month or some nonsense ?

Perhsps the OP, who is I assume a fully paid up member ( metaphorically speaking as it's a free board also of course) there can confirm that or otherwise ??