PDA

View Full Version : Saphan Kwai

Marsilius
October 15th, 2019, 17:14
I haven't been out to Saphan Kwai for quite a few years. When I first went in 1993 there were about ten bars (mostly of the host variety) operating over two or three streets. I thought of spending an hour or two out there on my next Christmas visit - but is there any scene left in Saphan Kwai at all now, or has the curse of social media infected the area with a case of terminal Sunnee-itis?

goji
October 15th, 2019, 18:50
Hopefully Christian can comment. His blog references to Saphan Kwai bars have been infrequent in recent years, so I suspect there is nothing left. https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/search?q=saphan+kwai

Manforallseasons
October 15th, 2019, 18:56
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19727-Saphan-Kwai

llz
October 18th, 2019, 12:23
I just arrived in Saphan Kwai which is my usual place when staying in Bangkok.

There are five bars left in Pradiphat soi 20 and probably another one further away (was still open last year, did not check yet); Adam and Heaven seem to be closed definitely. All bars very quiet on week days.

Many massage male-only massage places however mostly near BTS station in the subsois west of Phahonyothin Rd.

goji
October 18th, 2019, 17:37
There are five bars left in Pradiphat soi 20

Thank you for the update. I checked your blog (https://llz.blogspot.com/) and it implies these are Karaoke bars. Is that correct ? Are there any redeeming features to compensate for the Karaoke ?
If we get a cute host singing in his underwear or less, I might just tolerate low volume Karaoke.

I see some Karaoke places at Soi 20 on google maps. Some nice plants lining part of the street too.

https://goo.gl/maps/Ws8Ds7dGQtBcrKmF9

christianpfc
October 19th, 2019, 15:32
With the closure of the only gogo bar (Be High) there some years ago, there is little reason for me to go to that area (Pradipat Soi 20) for gay entertainment.

However, yesterday I had a good reason, to meet llz, and we did a survey of what's left: Charmming (two m) closed for good. Talent closed for good. Five bars remain: D Door, Stax (now only one x, used to be two), Waterloo, U-Turn and Adam. These are all karaoke bar, and staff I saw was not my type.

There is other gay entertainment in that area (all easily accessible from BTS Saphan Khwai): 39 underground sauna, Phahon theater and various all male massage places.

Marsilius
October 20th, 2019, 13:30
These are all karaoke bar, and staff I saw was not my type.

Thanks very much for the very useful info. As I am not sure of your personal tastes in such matters, could you just explain what "type" the guys there are?

goji
October 20th, 2019, 16:27
Thanks to previous posts, we know Saphan Kwai has gay Karaoke bars.

What's on offer in such bars ?
Do we get fully clothed boys screeching to some Asian Karaoke tracks ?
Or is there something that might actually make it worth visiting ?

I appreciate that we are not the main target market for this.

christianpfc
October 20th, 2019, 23:42
Thanks very much for the very useful info. As I am not sure of your personal tastes in such matters, could you just explain what "type" the guys there are?
Very average faces and bodies, as far as I could see (low light and fully dressed), looking closer to 30 than to 20. Anyway, there was little activity (few boys and no customers) when we passed 9pm, and as far as I know (from where?) karaoke get busy late, which is past my bedtime.

Do we get fully clothed boys screeching to some Asian Karaoke tracks ?
Or is there something that might actually make it worth visiting ?

Yes, fully clothes outside and inside.

Not worth visiting for me.

However, years ago, I spotted one very cute boy outside and took him inside for chat and to exchange contact information, but online communication was slow, and later I found that he is hilltribe and can read/write neither English nor Thai. He then was at Hotmale gogo, the first time I saw his gorgeous body, and in 2017 (?) I finally got him at hotmale massage for a bargain of 400 for 1 hour oil massage and 600 minimum tip.

Massage and happy ending was so-so, but the whole episode show that it's not worth jumping in squares (figuratively for me going to Saphan Khwai to pick him up at the bar, because I can't get him to come to my room by online chat), or paying through the nose (500 ? off fee and 1500 minimum tip at Hotmale gogo), but sometimes good things come to those who wait.

llz
October 23rd, 2019, 13:00
As Silom does not have a lot of interest for me any more, I will try to visit some of the Saphan Khwai bars.

Yesterday I went into Stax and spoke for a long time with one of the resident boys, a very nice guy from Mae Sot. He explained me that there could be up to 20 boys on some Sunday evenings. And even during week days boys do not come before 22.00 / 23.00. In fact five guys arrived together at about 22.00, all of them hill tribe boys (of the Lisu variety) and quite interesting from what I saw. I did not stay later as I was quite tired after three days traveling in slow trains and cramped minivans.

Speaking thai is definitely a big plus but I guess that it would be possible to fimnd so;e decent english6speaking boy.

Manforallseasons
October 23rd, 2019, 14:21
Hi Liz....where is Stax in S.K. and what is it bar, karaoke,etc?

frequent
October 23rd, 2019, 14:23
Hi Liz....where is Stax in S.K. and what is it bar, karaoke,etc?Karaoke - https://www.gayscout.com/en/entry38446/Stax-Bar

It's one of the person posing as sglad's favourite bars in that area

pong
October 24th, 2019, 15:34
Hi Liz....where is Stax in S.K. and what is it bar, karaoke,etc?

ALL-as has been said here before, remaining few bars there are in the very same short soi, which still (or at least on my last passing by some monthes ago) the sign for BE HIGH on the main street. STAX is among the longest lasting of them. There used to be a convenient short-time HTL at the very end (now closed and turned into yet another condo) and there is now also a kind of flesh-pek-hoStel in a short side soi. Presumably the shophouse where Be High used to be is still very recognisable (turn left), this now short dead-end soi would lead into the main rd with BTS and has the old and famous Midnight Cownoy on the other side (by now yet another high rise condo). In early eve there are some foodstalls at the start of soi where many of the working KaraOK-MBs will dine out.