PDA

View Full Version : B. Woods Mattingley - RIP

francois
October 6th, 2019, 13:01
Woods Mattingley, known to one and all as Woody, died yesterday, 5 October, 2019 at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital resulting from prostate cancer, at age 80.

Likely many of our members did not know Woody as he was not a poster on the forums. Nonetheless he was a member of our community and lived in Pattaya,Thailand and Vietnam for over 20 years.

Woody was unique in his own way and a believer in the the paranormal, metaphysical and transcendental and was aware of his previous existences in the ancient world. But still much a realist who enjoyed the pleasures of his current reincarnation.

By destiny, Woody did meet a fine, young man, K from Laos, a year or so ago, who was his companion and then his caregiver. Someone known to Woody from a past existence who remained at his side throughout the remaining days of his life at B-P hospital.

And, not to be forgotten, were the nurses at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital who provided Woody with care and comfort

Repose en paix, Woody.

daa raa
October 7th, 2019, 02:48
RIP Woody

lexusgs
October 7th, 2019, 22:33
A remarkable chap - RIP Woody

2lz2p
October 15th, 2019, 17:23
His cremation is tomorrow, October 16 - details can be found here: http://www.pcecnews.com/tmpNL/Woods-Mattingly-Funeral-Information.pdf

francois
October 15th, 2019, 19:26
At Wat Dham Samakkee, located toward end of Pattaya Tai across Sumkumvit. Proceed under the arch and continue to Wat on the left.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9165879,100.899789,18.39z

francois
October 21st, 2019, 16:21
Yesterday, 20 October,2019, Woody's earthly remains were buried-at-sea off the coast of the Sattahip Naval Station in Rayong. In attendance were François, Khun Worawut, Khun Kanya, Dervis T, Edward H, John M, Warren P, Elsie AT, Tony UK, Khun Sara P and Khun Thai Lady.

Following the burial, Tony, a medium, conveyed a communiqué from Woody assuring everyone that he was well in his new existence and thanked everyone for their attendance.

Nirish guy
October 21st, 2019, 17:06
Following the burial, Tony, a medium, conveyed a communiqué from Woody assuring everyone that he was well in his new existence and thanked everyone for their attendance.

Without commenting too much on the actual act of that or otherwise just wondering on the background to that i.e was that a "Thai thing" or that a medium just felt the need to rock up and share that with you all or was that perhaps something that the deceased was interested in during his life and so had arranged in advance maybe - again ?

Again not so much commenting on the actual medium side of things and whether that's valid or not but more so much as just wondering as too what sparked that to take place at all ( as obviously it's not "quite" the norm) - but still, a nice comforting touch none the less I'm sure for those who are into that sort of thing I guess - assuming that everyone was and all all just thinking WTF when someone stood up to deliver a message from the other side!

francois
October 21st, 2019, 19:41
PS- That small replica vehicle which Woody is holding, in American parlance, is known as a Woodie.

francois
October 21st, 2019, 23:11
I guess - assuming that everyone was and all all just thinking WTF when someone stood up to deliver a message from the other side!

Woody was a spiritual, metaphysical and transcendental type of person thus not surprising some others of the same disposition attended his funeral and burial.
Although not all were of the same thinking, none thought WTF, and accepted the medium's words for the feelings they conveyed.

Moses
October 21st, 2019, 23:46
Some posts been deleted

Nirish guy
October 21st, 2019, 23:55
...... none thought WTF, and accepted the medium's words for the feelings they conveyed.

Fair enough, each to their own and all that.

I was about to add a final RIP to Woody then but on thinking about it re his being elsewhere and being happy etc then wondered is that even the proper thing to add for someone who believes in the Spirit world etc as I guess they dont need to RIP as they've already moved on to elsewhere perhaps, either way, I hope he's happy - where ever he is now.

frequent
October 22nd, 2019, 04:04
Fair enough, each to their own and all that.This one of my all-time favourite threads