PDA

View Full Version : Ambiance hotel pattaya info

Bert
September 11th, 2019, 15:40
I would like to stay the Ambiance hotel in the heart of Boystown.
I read rather different comments about the hotel...from nice to stay ..to very much noice...
Did someone stay there recently and give me some comment?
Do they really have their own massage boys?

Thanks a lot

Oliver2
September 11th, 2019, 16:22
The hotel is strongly recommended for those who like to stay up late and participate in the Boyztown scene....what's left of it. I've enjoyed enjoyed nearly twenty years there, for the past twelve or so staying in the penthouse rooms which have a balcony with a view of the soi....and even the sea. The rooms have been refurbished recently; they are the best P and I have enjoyed in Thailand. The staff are charming; some of them have worked there as long as I've been going. Prices are competitive, particularly for the more expensive rooms.
As I've noted before, it is no longer suitable for us because of the all-night entertainment at Le Cafe Royal and street parties elsewhere.

Bert
September 11th, 2019, 17:03
Thanks Oliver,

Reading your last sentence...it means too much party noise at night.

Daveuk
September 11th, 2019, 17:56
Yes I was a regular at the Ambiance but the late night noise was very distracting when I was in bed with a boy and trying to concentrate on him rather than the drunk farang singing “my way “

Bert
September 11th, 2019, 18:47
Is the Copa hotel a better choice?

Oliver2
September 11th, 2019, 21:28
No. It's only a few feet away, across the soi, and suffers from the same noise problems.. Of the two, Ambiance is preferable; it has a decent restaurant, open all hours, and a professional front desk/reception. Copa has beautiful rooms, particularly the penthouse ones but is more of an apartment complex than a hotel. No restaurant.
Much , much cheaper is the Serene which is very basic. It is set back from the soi and it is quieter. But nowhere in Boyztown is noise-free nowadays. Twenty years ago, when the area was buzzing and it was hard to get a hotel room or a seat in the go go bars after 2200, the noise was contained behind doors and wasn't a problem. For some reason, doors went out of fashion in the last few years ago as the numbers of punters declined.

Bert
October 3rd, 2019, 14:48
What about rooms in Café Royal?
Somebody stayed there before?

Oliver2
October 3rd, 2019, 16:30
The bar below is the source of the noise. If you aren't someone who stays up very late (past 0300) you'll be better off elsewhere. My partner and I enjoy the Agate in Jomtien. Very modern, gay-friendly, young staff-many gays- and quiet. Two recent street parties had no impact on us whatsoever. Jomtien Complex is immeasurably more lively than Boyzown and central Paattaya nowadays but the bus journey can be a nuisance.

Daveuk
October 4th, 2019, 11:56
My experience is pretty much the same as that of Oiliver2. Another alternative in the Complex is the Zing Resort. It’s rather cheaper but with a better pool. Not 100% but many gays stay there.

BOY69
October 6th, 2019, 12:29
I booked a room in Zing hotel for my next trip is the street parties have any noise impact ?

Oliver2
October 6th, 2019, 12:53
The noise levels in the JC are minimal compared to those in BT. Nor are street parties as fashionable. I've stayed stayed here on five occasions - I'm next door to Zing at Agate- and I've not heard a sound. Ask for a room at the back to make sure.

francois
October 6th, 2019, 13:40
I booked a room in Zing hotel for my next trip is the street parties have any noise impact ?

The street parties, of which there are many, should not be noticeable at Zing.