PDA

View Full Version : Novotel Silom

chip
August 28th, 2019, 09:41
Any thoughts about staying at the Novotel Bangkok Silom? Close enough to the action for me. Have stayed at the Tarntawan in a few previous stays, but the old "queen" is certainly showing her age.

arsenal
August 28th, 2019, 10:44
"but the old "queen" is certainly showing her age."

You could be talking about most of the members here. Yours truly excepted, of course.

Manforallseasons
August 28th, 2019, 13:40
Sorry this board only discusses the Tarntawan.

Nirish guy
August 28th, 2019, 15:32
Have stayed at the Tarntawan in a few previous stays, but the old "queen" is certainly showing her age.

You're aware that the Tarntawan was closed recently for quite a large refurb to the reception area and rooms I believe - just in case you want to give it a try again.

chip
August 28th, 2019, 16:48
Yes, I know some of it has been renovated, but I don't really want to stay there any longer, my friend who is traveling with me will be staying there, while I am at the Novotel. The only reason I ever stayed there was because of the ease of bringing guests back. I have outgrown that phase of my life now, so no reason to stay there any longer.

chip
August 28th, 2019, 16:49
Sorry this board only discusses the Tarntawan.

Narrow mind you have I guess, your problem, not mine

Manforallseasons
August 28th, 2019, 17:55
Yes, I know some of it has been renovated, but I don't really want to stay there any longer, my friend who is traveling with me will be staying there, while I am at the Novotel. .

If you are actually staying at the Novotel why ask.:unknw_mini:

chip
August 28th, 2019, 19:39
If you are actually staying at the Novotel why ask.:unknw_mini:

I am not there yet, but am probably going to book it, just thought some might have negative reviews of it or other reasons why I may not wish to stay there.
If it looked as though it might not be a place I would enjoyed I could book a different hotel.

Captain Swing
August 29th, 2019, 03:52
Narrow mind you have I guess, your problem, not mine

Far be it from me to defend anyone here, but I think MFAS's comment was a not-entirely-fatuous joke.

a447
August 29th, 2019, 07:23
...I think MFAS's comment was a not-entirely-fatuous joke.

New members are often unaware of what has been previously said on a certain topic - in this case, the long Tarntawan thread - and understandably, miss the joke.

arsenal
August 29th, 2019, 07:35
The Tarntawan Hotel is to gay Thai boy whore seekers what Mecca is to Moslems. It's not pleasant, the other visitors are skanky, it's crowded, dirty and quite frankly has a slightly bad smell. But everyone must go there at least once in their lives.
Hahaha.

neddy3
August 29th, 2019, 08:43
When the renovations are complete, some of these issues should have been solved.

frequent
August 29th, 2019, 08:56
The Tarntawan Hotel is to gay Thai boy whore seekers what Mecca is to Moslems. It's not pleasant, the other visitors are skanky, it's crowded, dirty and quite frankly has a slightly bad smell. But everyone must go there at least once in their lives.
Hahaha.A trip report from arsenal - how unexpected

GWMinUS
August 30th, 2019, 11:21
Back on the Topic
My comment is the Novotel maybe on Silom but it is a long way from the Action...
Maybe you are interested in the Action any longer or you like a long walk or taxi ride.
Maybe more hotels to chose from near Patpong...

BOY69
August 30th, 2019, 17:26
Furama Silom is little bit closer to Patpong than Novotel have spacious rooms on reasonable prices and no problems with guests I think will book it on my next trip.

chip
August 30th, 2019, 23:10
Back on the Topic
My comment is the Novotel maybe on Silom but it is a long way from the Action...
Maybe you are interested in the Action any longer or you like a long walk or taxi ride.
Maybe more hotels to chose from near Patpong...

Thanks for your reply. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn which is very close to the Novotel. I walked to the gay area from the HI, found it a pleasant walk and did not take an excessive amount of time. Am retired so taking it slow and easy, not in any hurry to go anywhere.

Dimsumbear
August 31st, 2019, 10:46
Really depends on how you define ”close to all the actions”. It took me 25mins to walk or 20mins walk+BTS to the bars

frequent
August 31st, 2019, 12:10
Really depends on how you define ”close to all the actions”. It took me 25mins to walk or 20mins walk+BTS to the bars

chip
November 3rd, 2019, 03:04
My friend who is going with me screwed up his Tarntawan reservation and now no rooms available. It is mentioned in one of the posts above that the Furama Silom has no problem with a guy being brought back to the hotel. Can someone confirm this please. thanks

Patanawet
November 3rd, 2019, 13:39
Am I getting confused or doesn't the Novotel have a gay 'disco' in it's basement on Sunday nights?

chip
November 3rd, 2019, 20:42
The hotel lists Maggie Choo's as a restaurant but does not explicitly say that it holds a gay disco on Sundays. There are other articles on other websites that do say it does

Smiles
November 6th, 2019, 09:14
Haven't you got there yet (where ever you finally decide!)??
Reading this journey feels like John Steinbeck getting closer and closer to California, but in inches. "From August to November" sounds like a great novel.
Why don't you just mosey over to Silom Soi 2 and go to DJ Station disco there? Saves ink. There you could cozy up to some handsome and sweaty Thai dude and describe to him that you've just come through the heart of darkness, i.e. Pattaya.

PS ... would YOU ~ as a gay man ~ step into a disco named Maggie Choo's? Arsenal would.

chip
November 6th, 2019, 23:31
Haven't you got there yet (where ever you finally decide!)??
Reading this journey feels like John Steinbeck getting closer and closer to California, but in inches. "From August to November" sounds like a great novel.
Why don't you just mosey over to Silom Soi 2 and go to DJ Station disco there? Saves ink. There you could cozy up to some handsome and sweaty Thai dude and describe to him that you've just come through the heart of darkness, i.e. Pattaya.

PS ... would YOU ~ as a gay man ~ step into a disco named Maggie Choo's? Arsenal would.

I always plan way ahead. Will be there Dec 1 to Dec 14. I don't think Maggie Choo's is what I am looking for, I might go for dinner one night, but it won't be on a Sunday