PDA

View Full Version : The new year dawns

frequent
August 25th, 2019, 12:55
Well folks, school starts again Monday. I'm looking forward to teaching the boys the principles of Latin once more in the schoolroom sglad remembers so fondly. For those of you whose early lessons were to learn the first declension with the Latin word for table as your example, you'll recall that the accusative plural is pronounced "mens arse", something I impress on my chargelings. During this year's vacation, once again, I had to satisfy myself with the arses of young men who would visit me in my squalid walk-up hovel in Sydney, because, as any fule kno, I've never been to Thailand or Pattaya. Good luck to you all

Nirish guy
August 25th, 2019, 15:20
Do you honestly think anyone REALLY cares anymore ??.....and to think that in another post YOU were the one calling other people who used Facebook needy !

How about for the "new year" you maybe just give all that " I'm here and there there and definitely not where you think" stuff a rest perhaps and maybe just actually "post" as normal. Some of your normal everyday posts actually verge close to being almost interesting sometimes, the rest, containing all the other "I'm here and there stuff"....well, those maybe not so much anymore and in fact shock horror but you may in fact be at risk of becoming quite the bore to us all re that if you persist - and we do all know and appreciate just how you strive so hard for that not to be the case of course.

So, new year new leaf ???

( It's ok, we already know the answer to that of course too.....).

latintopxxx
August 26th, 2019, 03:07
nirish, maybe its best you encourage frequent and not berate him, encourage him away from his current negativity, clearly berating him doesnt work, surely its not too late to teach an old dog new ...

frequent
August 26th, 2019, 04:32
nirish, maybe its best you encourage frequent and not berate him, encourage him away from his current negativity, clearly berating him doesnt work, surely its not too late to teach an old dog new ...That's OK latin, NIrish's finger-wagging is a favourite pastime of his and as I keep saying (most recently to Smiles I believe), everyone needs a hobby. Another poster PMed me recently about NIrish's mastery of the obtuse and I though his response above a good example of it

gerefan2
August 26th, 2019, 13:34
During this year's vacation, once again, I had to satisfy myself with the arses of young men who would visit me in my squalid walk-up hovel in Sydney, because, as any fule kno, I've never been to Thailand or Pattaya. Good luck to you all

I thought you were too busy in your tiny cyber land counting your cyber cryptic money...or is that the other fruit cake on here ?
G2
A little man...

frequent
August 26th, 2019, 15:18
G2
A little man...It's distressing to see you (gerefan2 = G2) describing yourself as "a little man". Did the medication not work out?

Nirish guy
August 28th, 2019, 01:58
nirish, maybe its best you encourage frequent ...

indeed I WAS encouraging him - to knock all the silly stiff on the head and just post his sometimes interesting posts - and I guess from the lack of any other reaction he got to his "new years news" that that shows I'm not far off the mark with my "it's becoming a little boring now" view. As for teaching an old dog new tricks, yeah, good luck with that too...... :)

frequent
August 28th, 2019, 04:14
indeed I WAS encouraging him - to knock all the silly stiff on the head and just post his sometimes interesting posts - and I guess from the lack of any other reaction he got to his "new years news" that that shows I'm not far off the mark with my "it's becoming a little boring now" view. As for teaching an old dog new tricks, yeah, good luck with that too...... :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythlM7OMy1U

Meanwhile, here at the Houston Space Center there's a special exhibition - the space between NIrish's ears

The first Baron Guilford, Keeper of the Great Seal under King James II, is said to have two aims (which he described as "a good general apathy") - as to himself, equanimity; as to all others, indifference. It's an attitude to life I try to make my own