PDA

View Full Version : Two restaurants

chip
August 24th, 2019, 00:53
Looking at two restaurants for my friend who will be with me in Bangkok.

G's for German food and The Steakhouse and Co. any positive or negative comments about either? Thanks

frequent
August 24th, 2019, 04:43
Looking at two restaurants for my friend who will be with me in Bangkok. G's for German food and The Steakhouse and Co. any positive or negative comments about either? ThanksThe owner of G's, Guido, was formerly the cook at Telephone Bar. I can recommend the restaurant although I find Guido's let's say "effusive" style of dealing with some of his regular diners off-putting. If you take a Thai with you there's also a Thai menu. I've never been to The Steakhouse

Maxxy
August 24th, 2019, 14:59
Both are good, I have enjoyed some good meals at both

Smiles
August 24th, 2019, 16:10
For excellent Italian food (my favorite after Thai food) in Bangkok try 'Lido'. Fairly close to Silom area ... needs a taxi or TukTuk. Lido is a block away from Malaysia Hotel.

https://www.lidobangkok.com/menu/

chip
August 24th, 2019, 18:00
For excellent Italian food (my favorite after Thai food) in Bangkok try 'Lido'. Fairly close to Silom area ... needs a taxi or TukTuk. Lido is a block away from Malaysia Hotel.

https://www.lidobangkok.com/menu/

Thanks, appreciate your suggestion. Will certainly give it a try.

Keith
August 25th, 2019, 14:45
I use G's, and I think the food is reliable. Guido may be effusive, but he is an effective host. Talks to everyone. Plus you can eat outside and watch everyone going up and down the soi to the various gay bars.

frequent
August 25th, 2019, 14:48
Guido may be effusive, but he is an effective host. Talks to everyone.I'm not that keen on a middle aged queen rumpling my hair as part of the "service" but I guess some people find it flattering

Keith
August 25th, 2019, 18:40
Didn't rumple my hair, but twice made sure to ask me if all was well with the food, as he did with all customers. He is a proactive host, which I appreciate.

chip
August 25th, 2019, 18:42
I'm not that keen on a middle aged queen rumpling my hair as part of the "service" but I guess some people find it flattering

Well, I won't have to worry about rumpled hair, I keep my hair so very, very short there is nothing to rumple.

frequent
August 25th, 2019, 18:42
Didn't rumple my hair, but twice made sure to ask me if all was well with the food, as he did with all customers. He is a proactive host, which I appreciate.Once might be “proactive” (whatever that is), twice is intrusive IMHO

Keith
August 25th, 2019, 21:28
I trust you are in a minority of one with that comment. How odd not to like the boss asking how you are getting on. I was there an hour and a half.

Keith
August 25th, 2019, 21:29
I like the chippy remark about 'proactive. Very adult.

paperboy
August 25th, 2019, 22:41
thjis is what i hadto eat in the german resturant
great food and great wine90729073

frequent
August 26th, 2019, 04:28
I trust you are in a minority of one with that comment. What a pompous ass you are. I never "trust" anyone to be in a majority or a minority - they merely have their own opinions and their own style. I have no interest in becoming best friends with the staff of a restaurant I frequent, you evidently do. So be it

Keith
August 26th, 2019, 10:21
Unusual to flaunt lack of education, but so be it. Final comment is that G's is usually full, so he is doing something right!

frequent
August 26th, 2019, 11:20
Unusual to flaunt lack of education, but so be it. Final comment is that G's is usually full, so he is doing something right!Quite wrong again. As any fule kno, I have a doctorate from Harvard and a flourishing career teaching Latin in Houston to spotty Catholic schoolboys - oh, and I've never been to Thailand or Pattaya. Ask (almost) anyone here, they'll confirm it for you

You, on the other hand, desperate to be considered part of a majority, have traveled thousands of kilometres and spent tens of thousands of baht on airfares and accommodation, so that you can consort with (preferably, according to you) male prostitute Third World twinks. What sort of majority is that?

gerefan2
August 26th, 2019, 13:19
You, on the other hand, desperate to be considered part of a majority, have traveled thousands of kilometres and spent tens of thousands of baht on airfares and accommodation, so that you can consort with (preferably, according to you) male prostitute Third World twinks. What sort of majority is that?

on here, any fool will tell you, about 100%

Keith
August 27th, 2019, 01:26
Well, the restaurant is usually full, even now, so he is doing something right. I believe 'proactive' can be found in the dictionary fairly easily.

paperboy
August 27th, 2019, 01:40
your talking shit
this is a verey good and busy and sucsefull resturant

frequent
August 27th, 2019, 04:39
Well, the restaurant is usually full, even now, so he is doing something right. I believe 'proactive' can be found in the dictionary fairly easily.Along with "I trust you are"? Well done, Captain Cliche